Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Boom Stage1 speakers with Hog Tunes Amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Would you be comfortable sharing what u paid for your 4 speaker system? And what is the 4 speaker system specifically?

T.
500w 4 channel Amp Front speakers and rear speakers. Plus 4 speaker covers. Plus all the wiring to install it. $1465 and I was able to install it. Feel free to tell me how great your Biktronics system is and your focal speakers are. And how if you pull up beside me you would blast out my system. I don't care. Just like I don't care when some idiot pulls up beside me with a loud built up bike and flys off the line. Truly not impressed by it. Just like I am not going to be impressed by you and your buddies telling me I over paid. So go ahead. Feel free I am happy with my stereo. And no I am not going to post a video of it. You see my life doesn't revolve around internet forums trying to impress other people on the forum

Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdave12768
500w 4 channel Amp Front speakers and rear speakers. Plus 4 speaker covers. Plus all the wiring to install it. $1465 and I was able to install it. Feel free to tell me how great your Biktronics system is and your focal speakers are. And how if you pull up beside me you would blast out my system. I don't care. Just like I don't care when some idiot pulls up beside me with a loud built up bike and flys off the line. Truly not impressed by it. Just like I am not going to be impressed by you and your buddies telling me I over paid. So go ahead. Feel free I am happy with my stereo. And no I am not going to post a video of it. You see my life doesn't revolve around internet forums trying to impress other people on the forum
LittleDave,
I was gonna try and make this an educated discussion about what 1500 bucks can do for your audio goals, but I will go the other direction.
Not long ago I owned the same exact amp and fairing speakers that u currently own, fully expecting that I was going to get a really damn good sound system that was easy to install and reasonably priced. Three effing strikes!!!!!
Shortly after my install I began to really open my eyes to audio and began to understand that Boom is basement audio, JM is just audio, and the sound systems that can be created when u pull your head out of the sand or your **** and learn from those that really do know audio, now that is damn good audio.
If u like substandard or at best average audio, keep your head in the sand and avoid the guidance that can be provided from the hard core audiophiles on this Forum. I now know many of them personally and their passion for sharing their knowledge to help others should not to be taken lightly.
If u like your system, excellent!!! Avoid audio Forums and u just might be able to keep convincing yourself that your audio is anything other than just audio. If you personally want great audio shut the pie hole and pay attention to the many folks that really want u to have the best system possible that is financially responsible.
Dude, if u think I give a fuxx what my music sounds like to u when I pull up next to u, u must be over the top narcissistic. It's not all about u listening to MY audio. Trust me.
In a couple of nutshells, I GAVE my JM system to a guy that has a really nice damn sled and likes really nice things, and is passionate about damn good music, but he turned it down. A free JM system!!!!!!! Would not touch it!!!!!!!!!
The second part about this Forum that ur jaded views don't grasp is that these guys really do care about assisting u with the best system for your ears at a budget that is responsible for your situation. Tomorrow I am meeting a guy I met on the Forum and we are gonna hit the road pretty hard but we will change speakers on his sled a few times during the weekend ride so that he can provide real time examples of various speakers in action with absolutely no vested interest in moving product. He even bought a damn GoPro to try and help a brother out, by showing the vids he obtains. The oil patch laid him off a couple weeks back and he is still hard core about helping others make good audio decisions. Let's just call this "The Bunker Project." A damn good dude who always has put others first. Something about being a Soldier does that to u.
So if u like basement grade audio or just audio, this forum is a waste of time for u. If I want above average audio, pull your head out of wherever it is, shut the pie hole and just listen and learn about how you can get amazing tunes delivered to an extremely awesome platform, an HD Motorcycle.

Good luck bro. I was u a few months back and humbly pulled the head out as fast as I could. There is not one damn audio thing on my sled that I have done without guidance from those on this Forum that have been there done that, and I absolutely dig the excellent audio they have produced!!!!! Would have been a bunch cheaper if I would have shown up earlier and without a very jaded ego, like yours.

Just sayin!!!!

T.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
LittleDave,
I was gonna try and make this an educated discussion about what 1500 bucks can do for your audio goals, but I will go the other direction.
Not long ago I owned the same exact amp and fairing speakers that u currently own, fully expecting that I was going to get a really damn good sound system that was easy to install and reasonably priced. Three effing strikes!!!!!
Shortly after my install I began to really open my eyes to audio and began to understand that Boom is basement audio, JM is just audio, and the sound systems that can be created when u pull your head out of the sand or your **** and learn from those that really do know audio, now that is damn good audio.
If u like substandard or at best average audio, keep your head in the sand and avoid the guidance that can be provided from the hard core audiophiles on this Forum. I now know many of them personally and their passion for sharing their knowledge to help others should not to be taken lightly.
If u like your system, excellent!!! Avoid audio Forums and u just might be able to keep convincing yourself that your audio is anything other than just audio. If you personally want great audio shut the pie hole and pay attention to the many folks that really want u to have the best system possible that is financially responsible.
Dude, if u think I give a fuxx what my music sounds like to u when I pull up next to u, u must be over the top narcissistic. It's not all about u listening to MY audio. Trust me.
In a couple of nutshells, I GAVE my JM system to a guy that has a really nice damn sled and likes really nice things, and is passionate about damn good music, but he turned it down. A free JM system!!!!!!! Would not touch it!!!!!!!!!
The second part about this Forum that ur jaded views don't grasp is that these guys really do care about assisting u with the best system for your ears at a budget that is responsible for your situation. Tomorrow I am meeting a guy I met on the Forum and we are gonna hit the road pretty hard but we will change speakers on his sled a few times during the weekend ride so that he can provide real time examples of various speakers in action with absolutely no vested interest in moving product. He even bought a damn GoPro to try and help a brother out, by showing the vids he obtains. The oil patch laid him off a couple weeks back and he is still hard core about helping others make good audio decisions. Let's just call this "The Bunker Project." A damn good dude who always has put others first. Something about being a Soldier does that to u.
So if u like basement grade audio or just audio, this forum is a waste of time for u. If I want above average audio, pull your head out of wherever it is, shut the pie hole and just listen and learn about how you can get amazing tunes delivered to an extremely awesome platform, an HD Motorcycle.

Good luck bro. I was u a few months back and humbly pulled the head out as fast as I could. There is not one damn audio thing on my sled that I have done without guidance from those on this Forum that have been there done that, and I absolutely dig the excellent audio they have produced!!!!! Would have been a bunch cheaper if I would have shown up earlier and without a very jaded ego, like yours.

Just sayin!!!!

T.

Hmm lets see you start off with little Dave. From this point on I have zero respect for your comments and advice. You start off as an ***. and the rest of your comment is chit. Don't bother sending me any more personal message. I don't care.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:23 AM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bigdave...what's up with the hostility? I'm in agreement with Tailwind on this man. You started swinging in a room full of guys hat would be more than willing to give you a hand.

Sounds to me like you're on the defense because you know you overpaid for substandard equipment. No need to get your panties in a bunch, I think a lot of us have made that error, it's called a learning curve. Tailwind was trying to get your head straight that there's a lot of us here that would help guide you to good audio decisions. I became a sponsor here specifically because of the group of guys that hang out in this forum, chill out man!

Since you don't want anyone to tell you what else you could've got for $1500...I won't bother telling you I could've got you a top quality amp & speaker setup wired to be 'plug and play' for hundreds less than you paid. Normally I'd tell you that but I won't because you don't want to know...

Old 03-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdave12768
Hmm lets see you start off with little Dave. From this point on I have zero respect for your comments and advice. You start off as an ***. and the rest of your comment is chit. Don't bother sending me any more personal message. I don't care.
"Big guy", just trying to talk u in off the ledge.

Nothing to see here bro, keep moving on.

T.