Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on Biketronic, Hogtunes, Hertz other?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 06:32 PM
SunDevil01
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Info on Biketronic, Hogtunes, Hertz other?

I've read and researched, on the verge of a purchase. I have a 15 SGS, 6.5 BA and I'm looking to spend $1500 or less. Would like plug and play. Here's my considerations, and I'm wondering if anyone has good or bad, or other info I may have missed?

Biketronics BT7P14 Speaker and BT2180 Amp Package - about $800, two speakers, everyone seems happy with the system. Seems to be straightforward install, good customer service.

Hogtunes, 4 speakers set up $1300, 2 speaker system $400 - can't find many reviews, friend raves about them. Not sure on flash, says plug and play
http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/streetglide06.html

Hertz SV165 and Pro Audio Diamond Micro4 amp, seem to have good reviews, but needs dealer flash.

And understanding some riders do like their BA upgrades, my Rinehart exhaust is loud and I suspect BA wouldn't be enough.

Any good, bad or ugly on the above three would be appreciated, as well as other systems I may have missed. Leaning toward the Biketronic set up, partly based on the positive notes on the forum.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:36 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd save yourself some long term disappointment and only go with the BT setup. Get ahold of bill on here and maybe he could offer you a sweet package deal. He has always supported this board and offered discounts plus a lifetime warranty. In my mind there is no other choice but the Biketronics!!!!!! And trust me. I've dropped a few grand. Learn from my mistakes and go with biketronics

Old 02-21-2016, 07:13 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

If you go with Hertz SPL's thats just the mid range driver you would also need tweeters with that set up.

I would not put Hogtunes anywhere near the same sentence as Hertz or BT.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:35 PM
SunDevil01
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
I'd save yourself some long term disappointment and only go with the BT setup. Get ahold of bill on here and maybe he could offer you a sweet package deal. He has always supported this board and offered discounts plus a lifetime warranty. In my mind there is no other choice but the Biketronics!!!!!! And trust me. I've dropped a few grand. Learn from my mistakes and go with biketronics
It seems that BT is also keeping up with the all the Rushmore system quirks, coming out with the magic box, and now the line leveler?

Old 02-21-2016, 07:45 PM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't necessarily speak from actual audio experience, but i chose to go with BT for my 15 SGS. I got in on the presidents day sale, and i'm currently awaiting the arrival of my kit which includes the 7.1 pro's and 4180 amp. I went with the 4 channel amp based on the fact that i will be doing 6x9 lids at some point. I will post my feedback once i'm done the install.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:33 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I can only speak for Biketronics audio products and I can assure you that they are doing something right. J&M audio is cheap chinese crap, hogtunes is another IMO crappy system, Hertz is more for car audio and controlled enviroments. For the price, you can't beat BT~

Old 02-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

First, you don't need a flash unless you want the fader option and will be running on 4 or more channels. For that flash you'll need a stock Ultra flash, no amp, 4 speakers.

Now depending on your music choice you can tailor your setup.

I've been running the Biketronics Titan II's in my 15 RGS and I'm not a fan, to bright for me. I ran the 602's and they sounded better to me. I haven't compared them to the BT7P14 but I'd imagine there on par with the Titan II's YMMV but I think the Pro's for another $200 would be a better option.

Skip the Hogtunes, sure their better than stock but not anywhere near the others you've mentioned.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Biketronic Line Levelers with any Rushmore setup and the Biketronic amps are very well reviewed.

Finally, I run a D&D Fat Cat with the performance baffle. It's not even close to my old Rinehart's. The Rinehart's are whisper quiet compared to the D&D. I can run 80+ with a full face helmet and hear the 602's when I had them and the Titan II's I have now (both pushed by a bridged TM400x4).

Old 02-21-2016, 09:21 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
I can only speak for Biketronics audio products and I can assure you that they are doing something right.

Hertz is more for car audio and controlled enviroments.
Just wanting to clarify some info here. I'm a big fan of BT, but to say that Hertz is more for car audio is very far from the truth. If you take a look at the last few years of Daytona's Audio competitions most folks are running Hertz speakers. There is an advantage to running Hertz SV165's over standard coaxial speakers. DD Audio is another similar brand that is very popular and the come marine treated.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:26 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bunker
First, you don't need a flash unless you want the fader option and will be running on 4 or more channels. For that flash you'll need a stock Ultra flash, no amp, 4 speakers.

Now depending on your music choice you can tailor your setup.

I've been running the Biketronics Titan II's in my 15 RGS and I'm not a fan, to bright for me. I ran the 602's and they sounded better to me. I haven't compared them to the BT7P14 but I'd imagine there on par with the Titan II's YMMV but I think the Pro's for another $200 would be a better option.

Skip the Hogtunes, sure their better than stock but not anywhere near the others you've mentioned.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Biketronic Line Levelers with any Rushmore setup and the Biketronic amps are very well reviewed.

Finally, I run a D&D Fat Cat with the performance baffle. It's not even close to my old Rinehart's. The Rinehart's are whisper quiet compared to the D&D. I can run 80+ with a full face helmet and hear the 602's when I had them and the Titan II's I have now (both pushed by a bridged TM400x4).
Bunker by needing a flash he means without the BT LL's where those companies recommend a flash.

Also the BT 7P1's have significantly more bass than the Titan II 6.5's. The Pros' play louder and have a bit more clarity but roughly the same type of sound...... loud. In comparison to the Moto's I think the 7P1's have better clarity, similar output volume, but less bass than the 602's. The Pros had better clarity, louder, also less bass than the 602's. The awesomeness of the Moto's is how much bass two 6.5 speakers can put out, the awesomeness of the Pros is how loud and clear they can play. The awesomeness of the 7P1's is you get a little of each at a very low price point.

+1 on using the BT LL regardless of system. It just makes things easier.

Last edited by haze324; 02-21-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm a huge fan of the BT 4180 amp.

As for speakers, take your time and really make certain you absolutely know what ur ears are going to like. Cannot stress that enough.

T.

Quick Reply: Info on Biketronic, Hogtunes, Hertz other?