Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on Biketronic, Hogtunes, Hertz other?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 05:17 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the BT 4180 amp, Arc Moto 602's and BT 5x7's in my 15 RGS. (Ordered CVO lids when I bought the bike. Check my sig, or some other posts I have for the sound. (BT customer service is awesome too)

Old 03-04-2016, 04:06 PM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I'm a huge fan of the BT 4180 amp.

As for speakers, take your time and really make certain you absolutely know what ur ears are going to like. Cannot stress that enough.

T.
where can I hear these? I live in Milwaukee. Want to get install going before it warms up...

Old 03-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Rus103
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow. I wish I would have got on this thread earlier. I just decided to spend about 2K on an audio system on my 14 Ultra Class Limited. It's still all factory. I'll keep reading.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:59 AM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rus103
wow. I wish I would have got on this thread earlier. I just decided to spend about 2K on an audio system on my 14 Ultra Class Limited. It's still all factory. I'll keep reading.
I'm reading with you Rus103 ! Soon as I figure out how to hear a speaker I've never even seen I'll be good to go. I got a 14 Ultra also along with about $2000 to spend if needed...are you gonna stay with just the 4 speakers? That's my plan, I'd like to know how 4 of the 602's will sound if they even fit in the fairing?

Old 03-07-2016, 06:16 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by bladeguy
where can I hear these? I live in Milwaukee. Want to get install going before it warms up...
The best thing you can do is get out to the Bike Night events, also the meet and greets your dealer does, pretty much anywhere bikes get together and just wander around.

I found a local installer who pointed me at a couple of setups so I kindo of knew what to look out for. Videos posted kind of help but their not exactly right, some sound really good, others not so.

Remember everything sounds different while your riding, bass for the most part is lost when you leave the parking lot

Read on and see what's working for others. Don't stress, there are several guys here who at least get you started in the right direction

The following users liked this post:
bladeguy (03-09-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Rus103
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Genius
I'm reading with you Rus103 ! Soon as I figure out how to hear a speaker I've never even seen I'll be good to go. I got a 14 Ultra also along with about $2000 to spend if needed...are you gonna stay with just the 4 speakers? That's my plan, I'd like to know how 4 of the 602's will sound if they even fit in the fairing?
I plan to stay with 4. I'm 54 and very hard of hearing due to past professions. I was looking at Biketronics web site last night. They have a complete kit with pro speakers, line leveler, and other goodies. About $1200. Probably be a good start for me. I'm reading BT has good customer service which is a big plus for me. I'm wide open to suggestions. I don't want to win the loudest competition, I just want clarity with no distortion.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Surprisingly myself at 54 also, I still hear very well. My job requires I get a hearing test like 3 times a year to continue what I do at work. That BT package maybe idea for you?
About 5 years ago I got amp and speakers from BT also, unfortunately I had an issue.
My issue was taken care of immediately, customer service was impressive!
Good luck with your decision!

Old 03-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Rock Woody
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to stay with 4. I'm 54 and very hard of hearing due to past professions. I was looking at Biketronics web site last night. They have a complete kit with pro speakers, line leveler, and other goodies. About $1200. Probably be a good start for me. I'm reading BT has good customer service which is a big plus for me. I'm wide open to suggestions. I don't want to win the loudest competition, I just want clarity with no distortion.
I know this is not a popular way to go with everyone seeming to want LOUD systems. But I took the advice of Ultra Nutz last year when I was looking to upgrade and just changed out the speakers first w/o adding the amp (although I had purchased a recommended amp). I swapped all four of the factory garbage speakers with Infinity Kappa 62.11i's and stopped there to see the improvement. Gotta tell you, I was amazed at the sound quality difference. It's WAY better than stock and clarity is crazy! The fidelity of these speakers is awesome even though they are underdriven by the stock head unit. I ended up sending the Amp back (Amazon) and have not changed anything else.

Not a popular way to go, I really appreciated what everyone in this group is trying, and enjoy reading and learning. Maybe one day I will go for an Amp, but I don't think I really want much louder as my wife does not like is past 3/4 volume anyways and if I'm on the bike she's normally with me

Speakers, V-Twin grills and spacers for the rear pods, maybe $350 into the system and I'm happy! ...for now

Old 03-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Rus, you will love the BT system, do yourself a favor a give BT a call and talk to Bill if possible, BT has GREAT customer service and impressive amps and speakers, especially the Pro's and the 4180!!

Old 03-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Rock - I'd say Nutz gave you the best speakers to replace the stockers with no amp. Throw a Cerwin Vega B54 on those speakers and you would notice a world of difference. But if you are happy as is. That's cool too.

Quick Reply: Info on Biketronic, Hogtunes, Hertz other?