Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug & play amp/speaker recommendations for '15 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 07:01 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plug & play amp/speaker recommendations for '15 Ultra

So I really want to upgrade the junk stock audio on my '15 Ultra Limited and I've been reading this forum for a week trying to learn as much as I can and I have to say, I'm kinda confused and still don't know what the best option is for me. There are obviously a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum, so I was hoping I could get some advice from someone that's already done what I want to do, which is simply to add a decent amp and replace the front fairing speakers and rear tourpak speakers with something that sounds better than the garbage I've got now.

What I'm looking for is a solution that is as plug & play as possible. I'm not an experienced audiophile but I'd like to do the install myself so I can learn. Because of that, I also don't want to frankenstein stuff together, so I'd prefer a packaged solution if possible that includes the speaker adapters, mounting bracket, wire harness, installation instructions, etc. And like everyone, I'd like the best quality I can get for a reasonable price and I'm looking at spending between $500 - $1000.

It seems like a ton of folks here are using Biketronics or Rockford Fosgate stuff. I called RF and talked to one of their techs and he basically told me that they don't have a drop-in solution yet for Rushmores and he referred me to BaggerNation.com. So I emailed them but they never responded to me. I'll probably try to call BT next, but thought I'd get some opinions or advice here before I call them.

Can anyone make a recommendation? Does anyone offer a packaged solution like I'm looking for? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:06 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by skibum0607
So I really want to upgrade the junk stock audio on my '15 Ultra Limited and I've been reading this forum for a week trying to learn as much as I can and I have to say, I'm kinda confused and still don't know what the best option is for me. There are obviously a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum, so I was hoping I could get some advice from someone that's already done what I want to do, which is simply to add a decent amp and replace the front fairing speakers and rear tourpak speakers with something that sounds better than the garbage I've got now.

What I'm looking for is a solution that is as plug & play as possible. I'm not an experienced audiophile but I'd like to do the install myself so I can learn. Because of that, I also don't want to frankenstein stuff together, so I'd prefer a packaged solution if possible that includes the speaker adapters, mounting bracket, wire harness, installation instructions, etc. And like everyone, I'd like the best quality I can get for a reasonable price and I'm looking at spending between $500 - $1000.

It seems like a ton of folks here are using Biketronics or Rockford Fosgate stuff. I called RF and talked to one of their techs and he basically told me that they don't have a drop-in solution yet for Rushmores and he referred me to BaggerNation.com. So I emailed them but they never responded to me. I'll probably try to call BT next, but thought I'd get some opinions or advice here before I call them.

Can anyone make a recommendation? Does anyone offer a packaged solution like I'm looking for? Thanks in advance.
Ha! This one is easy. Forget about bagger nation bro. Call Bill at Biketronics. He's got everything you need for a great sounding system in your price range.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:12 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

skibum0607, what Gann said. And as luck would have it Biketronics is having a 10% off store wide sale, and there's a forum discount of another 10%. There sales usually spill over to Monday or Tuesday.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:04 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Here on this forum Biketronics gets the nod because a lot of us have used their products and enjoyed the INCREDIBLE customer service Bill and his crew provide.

Having said that, you have several options it just depends on your budget and what level of quality you want.

Biketronics
Arc Audio
Soundz Customz
Bagger Nation (Paul Yaffe)
are just a couple examples

There are also several custom installers that will make a package of the components you prefer along with plug and play harnesses. Cameron Johnson of Bad Azz Bikes comes to mind.

Best thing to do is find the components you like and go with a package that includes them Lots of videos posted in this forum of all the different setups so you can judge for yourself.

Welcome to the madness

Old 02-14-2016, 07:09 AM
billablehours
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

BT hands down. Plug and play. Done

Old 02-14-2016, 08:10 AM
Bigboyride
Tourer

I just installed a Biketronics System. With Bills new Breakout harness, everything was plug and play. He has done a great job getting his system to be an easy install. You won't be disappointed.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

For simplicity and plug-n-play. Along with quality,lifetime warranty,great support and made in AMERICA I would suggest BIKETRONICS.

The Rushmore batwings have a limited amount of room in the fairing so if you are not up for a challenge with doing some fab work if needed go with the BT suggestion.

The people on this forum will not steer you wrong.

HAPPY SHOPPING. Let us know on your decsion

Old 02-14-2016, 10:48 AM
skibum0607
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
I just installed a Biketronics System. With Bills new Breakout harness, everything was plug and play. He has done a great job getting his system to be an easy install. You won't be disappointed.
Bigboyride.... I see from your sig that you got the 4180 amp, 7.1 Pros, 6.5 Titans and the 355 line leveler. Did you have to make any modifications to your front or rear pods? Did you get everything as a package deal or buy the components separately from BT? Was there anything you needed for the install that didn't come from BT?

Old 02-14-2016, 11:00 AM
skibum0607
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Babyboy
For simplicity and plug-n-play. Along with quality,lifetime warranty,great support and made in AMERICA I would suggest BIKETRONICS.
Everything you just mentioned is important to me... especially the made in America part. Guess I'll be calling Bill on Monday. Anyone know how long their current sale runs? The 10% + 10% discount that Bertk mentioned would be great.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by skibum0607
Everything you just mentioned is important to me... especially the made in America part. Guess I'll be calling Bill on Monday. Anyone know how long their current sale runs? The 10% + 10% discount that Bertk mentioned would be great.
Send them an email today letting them know that you are wanting to pull the trigger but have questions about the best product that will fit your needs. That email will certainly act as a placeholder for the holiday special as they absolutely want to do it right the first time.

T

Quick Reply: Plug & play amp/speaker recommendations for '15 Ultra