Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JM Rokker XX 500 / ARC 125.4

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts
Default JM Rokker XX 500 / ARC 125.4

Have a HD Brotha that I have met via HD Forum and has been a damn good guy. Mechanical stud!! Put the 107 in his 2014 SGS just because he could!!!

Since he is waiting for the snow to melt prior to getting his sled road ready I offered him my gently used JM 500 amp to tinker with, until he gets all of his other expensive customization projects completed i.e. 21" wheel, etc.... He has his sights on the BT4180 but for now I am certain that this JM platform will get him out of Boom and started down the road towards some really damn good music.

To date he has the Focal KRC 165, and the JM amp tray sitting on his work bench and the JM Rokker XX that is being boxed up as we speak.

Just wanted to kick off this audio build properly because of the history with JM John and don't want my HD Brotha to get caught up in any bad vibes. It's an amp that's sitting on my shelf that needs to make some noise and NO MONEY is being exchanged. Simply a great guy that participates in various other areas of this forum helping others out, has helped me a ton, and has now landing in the audio section with an amp to tinker with and a passion to learn about this amazing stuff in this unfamiliar new chapter in his life.

Please welcome him to this awesome audio family when he chimes in and no throat punches please about the JM 500 as he has nothing to do with purchasing a JM amp but is fired up about getting down the road towards good SGS sound with fairings and eventually lids.

Thank you all very much for hearing me out but more so thank you in advance for taking him under your wing as you did with me.

T.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:36 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Any friend of Tailwind is a friend of mine. Welcome to the Audio forum. Here to help.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

T, sounds like a good dude, everybody's welcome here. That amp the "ARC" 125.4 is very good amp, the problem some of us have is the "rebranding" of that amp and charging MORE for it is what wrankles the guy's on here! Tell him to bring it on and ask any questions he wants!...Maybe refer to it by its real name Arc 125.4...lol

Old 02-11-2016, 11:00 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Any friend of Tailwind is a friend of mine. Welcome to the Audio forum. Here to help.
Ditto!

Old 02-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks Haze, Gan, and Moto!!!!

Totally agree, a good ARC amp!!!

Don't get me started about the stuff you guys shared with me about JM Corp pricing and branding that is extremely accurate in every regard. Unfortunately I was already pregnant with an empty wallet!!!

Trying to box up a completely plug and play system but am short a harness that goes from the amp to the battery area for the rear speaks as it is still on my sled and also an input harness that I chopped up and used when experimenting with the LOC stuff.
The quote I got today from JM for those two parts were like 230 effing bucks. Maybe 20 bucks worth of raw material!!!! The wire harness kit is 300 plus!!!
We will get this stuff for 20 bucks, but it will take a little patience. BT would probably send these out for the cost of shipping!!!

Thanks again!!!!'

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 02-11-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

I wonder if Arc would have any of that sh*t you need cheaper?

Old 02-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

T, is this what your looking for?

Old 02-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Great lead!!! Will dig in and see what's in the kit.

Basically need the one amp input harness that has the rear HD plug on one end and the RCA on the other. Just don't want to steer anyone to cut into a HD wire on a Rushmore.

I modified this original harness when I was playing with the powered LOCs then an HD Forum buddy now has the LOCs experimenting with them.

It's basically the BT LL rear set up without the LL. HD rear plug to RCA.

Thanks for the lead as it may very well be in that kit you found!!!!!

T.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:48 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hi,thanks everyone for the kind words and help ,specially T for his help and kindness,like T was saying got the front focal 165 krc,and jm amp try, i would help look for harnesses but have no idea what im looking for,i found jm harness 220.,but i have trust n T will get something,been watching youtube on installing the focals in pods,thanks again for the help ,and any pointers are accepted

Old 02-12-2016, 07:30 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you guys need HD plugs to wires, anything like that let me know. I have a ton of stuff laying around from installs, probably a half dozen factory HD audio connectors. Soldering something up isn't an issue either.

Happy to help if I can, no charge or anything just let me know what I can do.

Quick Reply: JM Rokker XX 500 / ARC 125.4