Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out here

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 02:00 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts

Great minds do think a like. Started at the radio with stock speakers, sound was normal. Check Titan II's, still normal. Tried each channel one at time, sound still garbage.

I talked to Bill at BT, and he said well it sounds like you did everything I would have you do. He was willing to send me another amp but right now they are out. So gonna box up this one and the LL and send them back to him for testing/repair. It sucks but Bill handled it well and I am not giving up yet. So I am on hold for now on the amp.

Hooked up the new speakers to the factory and it's better but can't wait to hear them with the amp. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Chucks1911
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Please do.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:34 AM
TomboAT65
Tourer

Should be back a BT tomorrow. Hope it doesn't take too long. Chuck, don't forget the washer and make sure you seal your pods. And don't forget the washers for the mounting bracket.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:04 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer

So I just got off the phone with Bill. Apparently my 2180 had a faulty voltage regulator. He said they have never seen one fail in all the years they have been making their amps.

Will hopefully get it back Tuesday and be rocking. Thanks for everyone's input.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by TomboAT65
So I just got off the phone with Bill. Apparently my 2180 had a faulty voltage regulator. He said they have never seen one fail in all the years they have been making their amps.

Will hopefully get it back Tuesday and be rocking. Thanks for everyone's input.
Interesting. Not to many companies that would even let you know what they found, never mind try to repair them.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:07 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Interesting. Not to many companies that would even let you know what they found, never mind try to repair them.
This!

Bill is a great guy and BT is a heck of a company. Imagine if every manufacturer stood behind their products like that?

Old 02-12-2016, 11:32 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer

Originally Posted by LL247
This!

Bill is a great guy and BT is a heck of a company. Imagine if every manufacturer stood behind their products like that?
Man I tell you what, if half of the companies we dealt with stood behind their stuff like BT, I would be happier than a pig in poo. Some of these companies, the MOCO included, have forgotten who made them what they are and it's awesome to deal with somebody like Bill and BT who truly stand behind their products and take it personally when something doesn't work as advertised.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:48 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tomboat65
man i tell you what, if half of the companies we dealt with stood behind their stuff like bt, i would be happier than a pig in poo. Some of these companies, the moco included, have forgotten who made them what they are and it's awesome to deal with somebody like bill and bt who truly stand behind their products and take it personally when something doesn't work as advertised.
amen!!!

Old 02-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Man I tell you what, if half of the companies we dealt with stood behind their stuff like BT, I would be happier than a pig in poo. Some of these companies, the MOCO included, have forgotten who made them what they are and it's awesome to deal with somebody like Bill and BT who truly stand behind their products and take it personally when something doesn't work as advertised.
+1 It's a beautiful thing!

Old 02-14-2016, 07:09 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Hell, Bill even answered my question about using other components with his stuff!

I know a lot of people give props to BT and it may see very biased but damnit it's very hard not to like them for the customer service alone! Add to that that they actually have great products.

Quick Reply: Help me out here