Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer In Saddle Bag

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts
Default Subwoofer In Saddle Bag

Just starting to peel this onion and seeing a very wide variety of install techniques thus the inquiry regarding what is the best way to mount to sub. Some folks are just throwing the sub in the bottom of their bag. Others using the self powered sub and drop in the bag or remove it from the bag or tour pack when room is needed, while others permanently mount it facing the rear wheel and either drill small holes in a 6.5 or 8" pattern or even drill the big hole in the bag.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!!

Old 02-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 928 Likes on 475 Posts

I'm subscribing to this. You guys have me thinking of putting a sub in the tour pak and making it removable for when I travel. I like the Hell's Foundry setup. I think they sell it as just the sub enclosure now, so you can choose your own sub and amp.

I should have never came to this section of the HDF!!!

Have you guys seen the Skar audio 6.5" and 8" subs? They make some nice looking shallow mount 8" and 10" subs too.

Last edited by Buelligan666; 02-01-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
I'm subscribing to this. You guys have me thinking of putting a sub in the tour pak and making it removable for when I travel. I like the Hell's Foundry setup. I think they sell it as just the sub enclosure now, so you can choose your own sub and amp.

I should have never came to this section of the HDF!!!

Have you guys seen the Skar audio 6.5" and 8" subs? They make some nice looking shallow mount 8" and 10" subs too.
That Hell's Foundry tour pak sub looks like the hot setup for a tour pak sub, couldn't see a price for it, anybody know how much $$$.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Talk to Rob Gomez at American Hardbag. I think he is a vendor on here.
http://www.americanhardbag.com

Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
That Hell's Foundry tour pak sub looks like the hot setup for a tour pak sub, couldn't see a price for it, anybody know how much $$$.
The enclosure and wiring kit with no amp or sub was $299 on their site. He said on his Facebook page he lost the backend to his old site. They're rebuilding it now.

http://store.hellsfoundry.com

Old 02-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just starting to peel this onion and seeing a very wide variety of install techniques thus the inquiry regarding what is the best way to mount to sub. Some folks are just throwing the sub in the bottom of their bag. Others using the self powered sub and drop in the bag or remove it from the bag or tour pack when room is needed, while others permanently mount it facing the rear wheel and either drill small holes in a 6.5 or 8" pattern or even drill the big hole in the bag.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!!
I hate to be the guy that goes against the grain. But I don't believe in subs on a bike unless you are setting up for the parking lot. The parking lot is fine. Subs sound good! But if you ride that thing any distance. Subs are a big fat waste of time and money. You heard it here first!! Get some nice 8's or 6x9's if you are a rider!!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I hate to be the guy that goes against the grain. But I don't believe in subs on a bike unless you are setting up for the parking lot. The parking lot is fine. Subs sound good! But if you ride that thing any distance. Subs are a big fat waste of time and money. You heard it here first!! Get some nice 8's or 6x9's if you are a rider!!
Damn Gan!!! That was a huge buzz kill!!!!

The "rider" thing is where the dilemma enters the equation. I ride about 5-6k a year but also have about 50k a year of **** miles in bar, Rally, & diner parking lots!!!!

My front stage is good for my ears so the riding thing is pretty ok.

As for the parking lot, check out the pic below. I am having a hard time committing to a permanent fixture in my bag unless it is pretty compact. This thing simply uses a speaker signal and some power and off you go. Road trip, one quick release and down the road you go full of beer, groceries and a toothbrush.

I would call this an audio "accessory." Have seen a few guys mount this sucker underneath their tour packs!!!!

Just thinking out loud here!!! Seems like a long shot but if it delivers some good thump for 219 bucks, and has the versatility of a pair of jeans that you may or may not take with you, it might be fun to tinker with.

Anyone hear one of these crazy things?

T.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member

Link?

Old 02-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

And now for the pic! Tadaaa!

My bad!!

Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer In Saddle Bag-photo326.jpg  
Old 02-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Sorry Bro Just My .02. I see guys with subs all the time at the bike night bars. But my 3 sets of 6x9's blow those guys away and I can hear mine at 80 mph. I say go for it if that's what you want. I tried em and didn't like em. You might love em!

Quick Reply: Subwoofer In Saddle Bag