Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer In Saddle Bag

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Did happen to try a a rca signal booster?

Peripheral/PAC LD10 Line Driver Signal Booster

Old 02-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Did happen to try a a rca signal booster?

Peripheral/PAC LD10 Line Driver Signal Booster

No, I was busy patching the garage drywall from the tools that slipped out of my hand and accidentally flew across the room a few times.

Think I'm gonna have to take this debacle to a pro. In way over my dead with these magical HU issues.

T.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:05 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
No, I was busy patching the garage drywall from the tools that slipped out of my hand and accidentally flew across the room a few times.

Think I'm gonna have to take this debacle to a pro. In way over my dead with these magical HU issues.

T.
Maybe it's the kicker. Wonder how it would sound if u hooked up a second amp. I've got a spare if u want to test it

Old 02-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Maybe it's the kicker. Wonder how it would sound if u hooked up a second amp. I've got a spare if u want to test it
Damn good point. I heard your thoughts from here and abandoned the kicker this morning and picked up the smallest class D that I could find in the hood. If it worked I was gonna just load up the bags with a couple 6x9s and stick the kicker under the seat of my cage.
Think it was a Kenwood 600x4 for about $160.

Totally abandoned ship and took the Kicker and Kenwood back and gonna try and figure this HU resistance thing out then re-attack in the near future.

Thanks for all the help Haze!!!

Will be in MIA Friday and Sat so if you want a cold beer on Friday or lunch on Saturday,'I'm buying!!!!

T.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:37 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Oh snap!! Shoot me a text Friday. I'm caught up Fri, but free all day Saturday. We'll link up for sure and figure this **** out.

Beer promotes innovative thinking! Scotch even more. I've got a few "sight seeing" spots

Old 02-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Beer promotes innovative thinking! Scotch even more. I've got a few "sight seeing" spots
I get my better ideas when consuming my favorite beverage.
Maybe that is why the hasn't been moving to much lately.

You guys make me jealous talking about going out on the scoots and I'm up here In the 35 degrees and rain

Old 02-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Oh snap!! Shoot me a text Friday. I'm caught up Fri, but free all day Saturday. We'll link up for sure and figure this **** out.

Perfect!! There is definitely some talent in MIA to sight see!!

It's getting into the perfect riding season here in TX thus thinking the path of least resistance to get some more bass in the bags might be to run some bass heavy speaks in parallel and hit the road for a while. Could even drill some holes in the bag or get a fancy cover.

Problem is that the rear speaks are 2 ohm so I would have to run off the front, if that's feasible. Don't know shix about parallel ops but been trying to pay attention to those discussions. Below is the front speaker specs. Is this a bad idea? Or even possible?

T.

Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer In Saddle Bag-photo693.jpg  
Old 02-06-2016, 11:33 PM
jayhawkclint
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Went to a bike meet today and heard a guy with a 10" sub on his bike. Not a pro sound woofer, but a true 60hz and down sub. It sounded like ****. The bags rattled like one of those cars you hear in the hood with the trunk buzzing. It sounded good at about half volume in the parking lot. Then he fired the bike up and had to turn the stereo up over the pipes, that's when it started rattling and sounding like ****. Couldn't hear any bass, just rattling. I'm all in on some 6x9 now, had a notion to put sub(s) in, no more.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:23 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawkclint
Went to a bike meet today and heard a guy with a 10" sub on his bike. Not a pro sound woofer, but a true 60hz and down sub. It sounded like ****. The bags rattled like one of those cars you hear in the hood with the trunk buzzing. It sounded good at about half volume in the parking lot. Then he fired the bike up and had to turn the stereo up over the pipes, that's when it started rattling and sounding like ****. Couldn't hear any bass, just rattling. I'm all in on some 6x9 now, had a notion to put sub(s) in, no more.
You got it Clint! Sounds good on paper. But real world. Not so much. Good post bro!

Old 02-07-2016, 05:23 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jayhawkclint
Amen bro!! Started down that road as I was certain the unicorn was seen there but u-turned back before I got too far. Phew!!!!

Sounds really really good if balanced properly, but that rattling around shix at higher volumes is not what my ears are looking for. Hurts my teeth too.

T.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer In Saddle Bag