Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes amp mounting on CVO, help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 01:03 PM
kwrench61
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hogtunes amp mounting on CVO, help!!

Hi I have a 13' CVO Ultra and am doing some upgrades to audio. I'm going to use existing CVO amp to power new front speakers, but I need ideas on where to possibly mount extra hogtunes rev200 for rears. HK radio in fairing has **** stacked all over it being a CVO. Any suggestions from those who've done it would be very helpful. Thanks

Old 01-29-2016, 01:08 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

KW,

Why not just get a four channel that fits in your fairing and can power them all. I'm betting it would send better too. You have a nice bike, you should try to make that upgrade count.

I believe hogtunes also sells a "second amp" mount kit that will sit between your fairing brackets and the speaker. Other option is in your tourpack.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:21 PM
kwrench61
Tourer

Well i already have the hogtunes 2 channel so i figured just use existing to run 6.5" kickers up front but cvo rears aren't amplified and i upgraded them to 6.5" kickers also. My fairing is pretty damn full with all the add-on modules hd installs on the cvo's,ipod,gps,satellite etc... Thought about tourpak install but with bulky cvo liner in it there's not alot of room.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
KW,

Why not just get a four channel that fits in your fairing and can power them all. I'm betting it would send better too. You have a nice bike, you should try to make that upgrade count.

I believe hogtunes also sells a "second amp" mount kit that will sit between your fairing brackets and the speaker. Other option is in your tourpack.
Ditto! Mount a 4 channel soundstream PN4.1000D in the tour pak. Don't need the Hog tune amps. Upgrade your speakers to the Infinity 62.11i in the fairing and you'll notice a night and day difference in your sound.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:42 PM
kwrench61
Tourer

Obviously you guys don't get it. I bought the stuff I'm talking about already and I'm fine with it. Why all the insistence on buying more ****??? Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own. Thanks to the amateur salesmen

Old 01-29-2016, 05:02 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by kwrench61
Obviously you guys don't get it. I bought the stuff I'm talking about already and I'm fine with it. Why all the insistence on buying more ****??? Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own. Thanks to the amateur salesmen
Amateur salesmans? Hey pal who the hell here is trying to sell you anything here?

We are telling you the CORRECT way of doing it. You have a nice bike and you are trying to glue together and band-aid this with crap stuff.

We said the tourpak and you said the liner, then I mentioned a second amp mount in your fairing. Lots of the stuff you mentioned can be relocated under your radio in your fairing. So instead of trying to booger this together, the RIGHT way to do this is putting a 4 channel amp that puts the same power per channel to the same speakers. That's why your having issues to solve this, because you are doing it WRONG.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:16 PM
kwrench61
Tourer

Here's a suggestion. If you have a cvo ultra then you input is welcome as wisdom otherwise please step aside so i can get an experienced opinion. Oh btw I've been working in the industry for over 10yrs so I'm pretty confident without a doubt i know my way around these bike better than majority here. Enjoy your day

Old 01-29-2016, 06:19 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Hog Tunes is crap sir,, you won't be happy with it I bet. They are trying to get you quality on the first go round, other wise, just find a place to mount it, how big is the Hog Tunes amp? HUGE? Why can't you put it in a bag, or trunk?
The only places I've heard of to put any amp, are the fairing, (you say there's no room) the trunk, or bags. Not like we've got room under our seats or anything.
I don't know what kind of answer you're looking for here?

Old 01-29-2016, 06:20 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Here's a suggestion. If you have a cvo ultra then you input is welcome as wisdom otherwise please step aside so i can get an experienced opinion. Oh btw I've been working in the industry for over 10yrs so I'm pretty confident without a doubt i know my way around these bike better than majority here. Enjoy your day
Oops,, ok, figure out where to put your crap amp then! LOL There is TONS of good advice on here,, it's YOUR choice to follow it or not,, I've got a great sounding system, click on my link in sig, I'll put it up against your CVO anyday,,,
I followed THEIR advice...

Old 01-29-2016, 06:56 PM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh btw I've been working in the industry for over 10yrs so I'm pretty confident without a doubt i know my way around these bike better than majority here. Enjoy your day
Yea, sounds like it.

Quick Reply: Hogtunes amp mounting on CVO, help!!