Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes amp mounting on CVO, help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 01:03 AM
Bigdave12768
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwrench61
Obviously you guys don't get it. I bought the stuff I'm talking about already and I'm fine with it. Why all the insistence on buying more ****??? Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own. Thanks to the amateur salesmen

They bash every brand here but the ones they run on their bikes. I bought a complete JM system and I was told I was a fool for not buying Biketronics stuff.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdave12768
They bash every brand here but the ones they run on their bikes. I bought a complete JM system and I was told I was a fool for not buying Biketronics stuff.
And you don't contribute **** to this forum except for these stupid post that don't help the OP either. The recommendation on this thread was for a 150.00 Sondstream.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:27 AM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Not sure what you mean by bash every brand? There are several brands that are recommended. Yet all you have are smart *** comments. Guys on here try to let people know what sounds best and what they'd be happiest with for a hell of alot less money. All because they've tried it. Yet you contribute nothing, but bashing guys that put in the time to help others out. Please go back to your hole now...

Old 01-31-2016, 07:45 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

Just from a new guys perspective and the threads I've commented on or started in the last 2 months, I can say that no one bashed you about your J&M System. If you're looking for plug and play with a MUCH better than stock or Boom/Hogtunes, the J&M is a great choice at a price.

The big drawback to the J&M (I would have had that system in November had it not rained the day I was setup to install at the Lonestar Rally) is the cost for what you get. If you read through the comments here, or other forums (I'm on 3 different HD forums and they all say the same thing).

True, the Biketronics gets a lot of recommendations here. This is because if you want a plug and play setup with no fiddling, it's the best value for your money. It's cheaper than the J&M, it's as easy or easier to install than the J&M and it comes with a lifetime warranty. That's why it's recommended so much.

The Biketronics Line Levelers that we all rave about, well if you have a Rushmore bike, it's also the best value for your money. You can go with external EQ's and Sound Processors but those are expensive. You can also go with cheaper Line Out Converters but those don't seem to work as well as the Line Leveler so again, that's what gets recommended.

As for "what's in our bikes" well duh! We're all posting videos of what WE like, I don't think any of us have exactly the same setup (I'm talking a non package setup). Some of us run Biketronic amps for ease of setup, others have Soundstreams, Cerwin Vegas etc for budget, others have higher end stuff like the Arc Moto 600.4 or JL 600/4 and the likes. I'm running a Rockford Fosgate TM400 and I really like it, enough that I just bought another 2 channel version (that was supposed to be a secret, I hope my wife doesn't ever read these forums!)

Point is, we recommend what has worked for us, and posted videos of our setups so you can see (or as close as a cell phone video will allow) if it sounds like something that works for you.

If you come here asking for advise and get pissed off because you don't like the answer, maybe you should step back for a second and try and digest what's being said rather than attack someone that's ultimately trying to help.

Ok, I'm done /end soupbox

Old 01-31-2016, 11:05 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

I remember that thread BigDave. And not one person here called you a "fool"

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...rokker-xx.html