Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes amp mounting on CVO, help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by kwrench61
Here's a suggestion. If you have a cvo ultra then you input is welcome as wisdom otherwise please step aside so i can get an experienced opinion. Oh btw I've been working in the industry for over 10yrs so I'm pretty confident without a doubt i know my way around these bike better than majority here. Enjoy your day
LOL. . Just because it's got a CVO badge on it means absolutely nothing. I've installed quite a few systems on a CVO. The Hog Tune and BOOM amp are not very good amps. The guys are giving you good advice man. No need for all the hostility. You asked a question and we gave you a solid answer. If you have the money to waste. Go for it.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:17 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 392 Posts

Obviously you guys don't get it. I bought the stuff I'm talking about already and I'm fine with it. Why all the insistence on buying more ****??? Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own. Thanks to the amateur salesmen
My 14 limited has everything your CVO has minus xm radio and a heated *** warmer and to me a better HU. I followed the guidance of the group here and have a dam good $400 system that has put a few hogtune systems and boom 2 systems to shame.So go the way you want or hodge podge something together and HOPE that you can here it at highway speeds and if you can hear it it probably will be all distorted and sound like CHIT

Here is a like to my $400 system with stock HU

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ENDEAVORS.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:41 AM
kwrench61
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no doubt the rushmore hu is better. What amp did you use and what is "line leveler"?

Old 01-30-2016, 10:55 AM
kwrench61
Tourer

Pm sent to babyboy

Old 01-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

There's no doubt the rushmore hu is better. What amp did you use and what is "line leveler"?
The Rushmore HU's may be better but have there there share of problems. The HU has a builtin EQ that is set to make the stock POS speakers sound the best that they can for cheep speakers. When a aftermarket amp and speakers are installed the same (unwanted) EQ setting are amplified and sent to the speakers making them sound like crap and potentially damage the new speakers. It took a couple of years for someone to come out with a devise to successfully filter out the unwanted EQ settings. The devise was developed by Biketronics and these are the Line Levelers Babyboy is talking about. This is a little history and the LL's do not apply to your 2013 CVO.

Babyboy is using the SS PN4.1000D amp. The 1000D amp is a very powerful budget amp that has been tested and run on several members bikes. Thus the reason it is mentioned above.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:22 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 392 Posts

If KW is wanting to run low level inputs to the amp he is going to have to use a Pac pn35 or something similar or send his HU to ironcross and have low level output installed.The least expensive why is the line converter

Old 01-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
If KW is wanting to run low level inputs to the amp he is going to have to use a Pac pn35 or something similar or send his HU to ironcross and have low level output installed.The least expensive why is the line converter
Did you switch to high inputs?

Old 01-30-2016, 12:21 PM
kwrench61
Tourer

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Does the ss pn4. 1000 have high level inputs or just low rca's

Old 01-30-2016, 01:01 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Kwrench, here's what Bert meant when he said CHEAP POS speakers,, look at the difference in these two magnets,,,,

The ARC MOTO on the right has a rubber "Boot" around it, maybe 1/8" on each side, so that still gives you an idea of what HD thinks are decent speakers....
Since you have a pre 2014 bike, you have a ton of options to pick from. Our Rushmore's have that software in them which the Line Leveler negates, you won't need it with your HK Head Unit.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:42 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Does the ss pn4. 1000 have high level inputs or just low rca's
Both. You can install both ways. HL using your existing speaker wires.

Quick Reply: Hogtunes amp mounting on CVO, help!!