Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flash vs bt355

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 12:34 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default flash vs bt355

ive read through a lot of different posts on the topic..im going to run in my new 16' road glide special:
fosgate pbr300x4
kicker ks65's behind the fairing
pioneer ts d1602r's in the lowers

a well liked rival company that is selling a plug and play kit told me that the bt255 is gimicky and not the solution and that the proper solution is to flash the radio..

realistically the flash and the bt355 arent that different in price. i want to do whats going to maxamize my setup.. the only thing i might change is going to different speakers later but for now i have these so i am going to use them...thoughts?

Last edited by FFHD05; 01-17-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:52 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by FFHD05
ive read through a lot of different posts on the topic..im going to run:
fosgate pbr300x4
kicker ks65's behind the fairing
pioneer ts d1602r's in the lowers

a well liked rival company that is selling a plug and play kit told me that the bt255 is gimicky and not the solution and that the proper solution is to flash the radio..
I you are referring to the 11' FLTRX in your sig, then there is no need for the BT line leveler. They are for 2014+ touring batwings and 2015+ RGs.

The BT 355 Line Levelers has a great track record here. There's a video in this thread of my bike with the line levers installed. Look at the description for all the equipment installed.

realistically the flash and the bt355 arent that different in price. i want to do whats going to maxamize my setup.. the only thing i might change is going to different speakers later but for now i have these so i am going to use them...thoughts?
The flash and LL's are two completely different things.
All this depends on what year bike you are referring to?

Old 01-17-2016, 12:53 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bertk
I you are referring to the 11' FLTRX in your sig, then there is no need for the BT line leveler. They are for 2014+ touring batwings and 2015+ RGs.

The BT 355 Line Levelers has a great track record here. There's a video in this thread of my bike with the line levers installed. Look at the description for all the equipment installed.

The flash and LL's are two completely different things.
All this depends on what year bike you are referring to?

sorry lazyness in not updating my sig.. its going into a 16 road glide special....

Old 01-17-2016, 01:08 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The problem with the flash is it's such a gamble if the tech loads the right one and loads it correctly. That's if you can find a dealer to do the flash...some won't. Then, who knows if it will stay with future updates. The BT355 line levelers work pretty darn good. Not saying they are absolutely perfect, but I'm not much of a gambler...

Old 01-17-2016, 01:24 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain

im pretty confident in my local dealer.. with the info of what to do to program im sure they will do it exactly how i request. im just looking for the best option between the 2. i dont think its so much of a gamble on having them flash it, worst case id havethem return it to stock flash.

i was just puzzled why one company would slam anothers product and call it gimicky ...espically since he knew i wouldnt be buying his product and he dosnt make money off the reflash.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:34 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

im pretty confident in my local dealer.. with the info of what to do to program im sure they will do it exactly how i request. im just looking for the best option between the 2. i dont think its so much of a gamble on having them flash it, worst case id havethem return it to stock flash.

i was just puzzled why one company would slam anothers product and call it gimicky ...espically since he knew i wouldnt be buying his product and he dosnt make money off the reflash.
I hear it all the time. So and so said to do it this way, another said that idea sucks. I think it's because in the audio circles there are lots of big egos, after all this is kinda like a HP race....who's is louder, who cracked the code, etc. So folks stick to what they know or found what works for them. Lots of ways to skin a cat. In your shoes it sounds like you are comfortable with your local deal, others have posted their dealer will only perform a flash if they are buying Boom Audio.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

sorry lazyness in not updating my sig.. its going into a 16 road glide special....
Ok thanks.

Most dealer will perform the flash for free, or close to it. It only takes a few minutes.

Here are the BT Line Levelers.

If is lucky enough to get a flash and software update that works together and satisfies your ears, then I would say leave well enough alone. The problem is the MOCO sends updates to the digital and changes the flash with these updates. So each time someone goes to the dealer to get a flash the tech has no idea what the results may be. And so what worked for one may not work for others. I suspect this is one of the reasons why dealers can't get the Boom audio system upgrades to work.

This is why Biketronics created the Line Levelers. the LL's cleans up the signal coming out of the stock HU. They also have Gain & Filter adjustments to work with amps other than the BT amps. The BT Line Levelers gives everyone an equal chance of getting decent signal out of the stock HU.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:23 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I for one have spent a lot of money over the last year and a half trying for the best combo. I had the magic box then went to the BT LL. There is no other way to add an amp without using the LL. Been there, done that and my LL is there for good! As far as the fosgate amp , you won't be happy with that amp at all. I'd look around here and see what others are using. You can have a way better system for your dollar by going away from the fosgate amp.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:41 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Honestly I had the RF PBR300x2 and the Kicker CS 6.75 in my 14 SGS with NO FLASH and it sounded awesome, running it on HP, Gain at 5 and freq at 80. I just ran the speaker wires into the high level inputs on the amp.
Put the exact system in my buddy's 14 SGS and got the same results. Again, no flash.
Very loud, clean and clear with as much bass as your going to get out of those speakers.

Then like everything else I wanted more, went with the whole BT setup with the brackets and the flash with the old line leveler they had and could never get it to sound like my old setup.
When BT came out with the new line leveler I went that route and back to the stock flash, now I am happy, very happy! My buddy's bike sounds awesome but will not compare to mt new setup.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:02 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
I for one have spent a lot of money over the last year and a half trying for the best combo. I had the magic box then went to the BT LL. There is no other way to add an amp without using the LL. Been there, done that and my LL is there for good! As far as the fosgate amp , you won't be happy with that amp at all. I'd look around here and see what others are using. You can have a way better system for your dollar by going away from the fosgate amp.
why are you saying stay away from the fosgate amp? i already own it i pulled it from my 11 before trade in. it was only a couple months old...it was pretty darn solid with the kicker speakers front and alpine type r in my lowers..

Quick Reply: flash vs bt355