Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Video of my setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I'll snap a couple of pic tomorrow when I get home. I purchased the pods from Elroy June to install my Moto's. But I also have the adapters from V-twin and the Moto's fit nicely with the V-twin adapter as well.
I have heard that the replacement pods leave more room for a passenger compared with adapters or spacers?

Old 01-18-2016, 12:07 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
I have heard that the replacement pods leave more room for a passenger compared with adapters or spacers?
Interesting since I am dealing with a clearance issue. You talking about Elroy June correct?
Thanx,
Paul

Old 01-18-2016, 12:50 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Interesting since I am dealing with a clearance issue. You talking about Elroy June correct?
Thanx,
Paul
SBates tried the adapters on his bike and found that he needed more passenger room so he went with the BT 7.1's and replacement pod kit. Ganns using the Elroy June pods on his bike and I was wondering if seemed to take up less space than the v-twin spacers. Elroy June doesn't make for the 2014+ touring bikes, but plan on releasing them this spring. I would hate to see you have to send that much twice.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Jeff Davis
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That system sounds great! Thanks for the video.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Davis
That system sounds great! Thanks for the video.
Thanks to all that have replied. As I have mentioned before, it sounds much better going down the road. I'm surrounded good quality sound and am going to leave it alone and enjoy it. Now on to the next project.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:56 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
SBates tried the adapters on his bike and found that he needed more passenger room so he went with the BT 7.1's and replacement pod kit. Ganns using the Elroy June pods on his bike and I was wondering if seemed to take up less space than the v-twin spacers. Elroy June doesn't make for the 2014+ touring bikes, but plan on releasing them this spring. I would hate to see you have to send that much twice.
Do you know what kind of kit?
Thanx,
Paul,

Old 01-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Do you know what kind of kit?
Thanx,
Paul,
Similar to these, but for 2014+ models.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Sounds really good Bertk, good choice of music,(moment of silence for Stevie Ray). I was thinking of upgrading my pods to the BT 7.1 pods, (BT had em on sale for $324 before Xmas) I've got Hogtune pods that I dremaled the hole bigger to allow 6.5 speakers to fit. I had different speakers in them, now Titan II's in there and had to use spacers on them to fit. It seems to make the wife slide forward more. I was wondering if the BT 7.1 pod would give me more bass and more room,(if the up grade would be worth it basically). Anybody with thoughts on this upgrade.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Sounds really good Bertk, good choice of music,(moment of silence for Stevie Ray). I was thinking of upgrading my pods to the BT 7.1 pods, (BT had em on sale for $324 before Xmas) I've got Hogtune pods that I dremaled the hole bigger to allow 6.5 speakers to fit. I had different speakers in them, now Titan II's in there and had to use spacers on them to fit. It seems to make the wife slide forward more. I was wondering if the BT 7.1 pod would give me more bass and more room,(if the up grade would be worth it basically). Anybody with thoughts on this upgrade.
Mike-
I ran those BT 7.1 pods and I think they are awesome!! Much more Bass and clarity. Not sure how far your spacers stick out but the pods are huge. My wife sat back there no problem with the pods. She's put on some weight over the years like all the rest of us but I think she still only weighs about 150 or so. Just guessing cause she dam sure won't tell me. Sbates is in the process of changing over to the pods as well. He may be able to give you a little more insight once he gets them installed.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Thanks Mike. As Gann suggested Sbates is the man to ask. He found that the BT6.5's took up to much room for a passenger. It's too bad because the Moto 602's sound really good back there. Real good base and a loud warm sounding speaker.

I was looking at JUNES UPHOLSTERY for there 6.5 pods as and alternative but there not listed anymore. The BT pod plus speakers look like the best bet. They have a 20% off sale going on right now so your looking at $344.

Edit: I had the Titan 6.5's in the pods or one day and swapped them out for the 602's.

Quick Reply: A Video of my setup