Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king & softail complete speaker lid package

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 07:20 PM
fastmedic911
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road king & softail complete speaker lid package

I'm interested in bad dad kit the lids with speakers. The new one that just came out for my 2015 road king. I wanna know from your experience how good it is and is it worth the money . Also I want to know if it can be upgradable to have speaker on the lower fairing like the 2013 cvo road king. Please help me out before I pull the trigger. I'm really liking the bad dad kit since it is plug n play . Also it got Bluetooth connection so no visible wiring or I have to deal with an auxiliary cable hanging on the bike and stuff. My goal is to have speakers on my road king to listen to my tunes. I like the kit cause it does not require much wiring and its all in the saddle bags. If its loud enough and can be heard clearly on high way speed it will be enough for me. Will love to upgrade the system later to four speakers like the cvo one but those are fine for now. Any opinion will be useful.

http://www.baddad.com/products/part/81129

Old 01-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Basically you are only going to hear your speakers s while the bike is sitting still or traveling at about 40 mph. You need speakers up front to hear your tunes going down the highway. looks like a really nice set up for the lids but you are also going to need speakers up front.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:21 AM
fastmedic911
Novice

Ok... So for the same budget, what can I have as setup will give me best sound cruising on the highway? I can push the budget a bit more... I think 4 speakers and an amp will do but don't know which brand best.. Also is there an amp or setup that I can connect my phone through Bluetooth?

Old 01-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fastmedic911
Ok... So for the same budget, what can I have as setup will give me best sound cruising on the highway? I can push the budget a bit more... I think 4 speakers and an amp will do but don't know which brand best.. Also is there an amp or setup that I can connect my phone through Bluetooth?
Were you looking at fairing lowers or a aftermarket Fairing?

Old 01-14-2016, 07:07 AM
fastmedic911
Novice

Fairing lowers

Old 01-16-2016, 07:24 AM
fastmedic911
Novice

So the sound stream pn4.1000d and infinity kappa 6.5 and 6x9 would be a good compo? And how Im gonna connect them to play through my ipod or a Bluetooth if possible?

I'm sorry I am new to audio system. So if there is a harness to plug n play will be much helpful

Old 01-16-2016, 03:43 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

So the sound stream pn4.1000d and infinity kappa 6.5 and 6x9 would be a good compo? And how Im gonna connect them to play through my ipod or a Bluetooth if possible?

I'm sorry I am new to audio system. So if there is a harness to plug n play will be much helpful
Yes that would be and excellent combo! You can play through your Ipod using this with a 4 channel amp.

http://store.dualav.com/p/ip35usb-rc...ne-usb-adapter

Cheaper here:

https://jet.com/product/detail/c4277...FQEoHwod3LEPRQ

Last edited by Gannicus; 01-16-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:09 PM
fastmedic911
Novice

Ok. So I bought everything now. Waiting for them to be shipped to Saudi. So for the harness. Do you know someone that provide a plug n play harness to connect the whole system together. I don't wanna have the hassle to do it or to take it to the shops here cause most of their wires and materials not that good. I want something like the factory wires and harness and will last forever.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:41 AM
fastmedic911
Novice

Any help with the wiring... As if there is a plug n play kit or something?

Old 01-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Any help with the wiring... As if there is a plug n play kit or something?
Order this wire for your power and ground.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/index...FVIWHwodraEL2A

Order this for your speaker wires

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/index...FQotHwodVj0AYg

You will also need a barrel fuse holder for your power wire: 60 amp fuse.
Amazon.com: IMC Audio 80 Amp Inline AGU Fuse Holder Fits 4 8 10 Gauge Wire: Home Improvement Amazon.com: IMC Audio 80 Amp Inline AGU Fuse Holder Fits 4 8 10 Gauge Wire: Home Improvement

Should be all you need. The speakers wires will connect directly to the amp. The ground will go directly to the battery and the power wire will go directly to the battery with the inline fuse. You will have to find your "switched" power wire somewhere on the bike to hook up your remote wire to turn the amp on. Same circuit the ignition switch is on.

Piece of cake.

Quick Reply: Road king & softail complete speaker lid package