Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics PRO's/Moto's on steroids!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 10:32 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk

I was thinking of getting a pair of those Mille's for my 2008 SG but found such a good deal on the Moto 620 I couldn't resist along with the BT2180 on sale. So I would be interested in what you think of the Mille's with the BT amp pushing them.
As soon as I get the BT goods I will try and get some info out ASAP.

T.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:35 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
You guys are gonna make me put on my assless chaps and ride if you keep beatin on me! Still got the fairing off tuning. But I'm telling you guys. These speakers are the real deal. I'm dam near scared to go past 27 volume on my HU. I keep turning the gains down and it's still ear bleeding loud!
Gann, 40* is pretty damned warm in the mid west in winter, I only slightly hesitate when it gets into the teens, and maybe balk at single digits,,,

Old 12-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Yeah Jim it has been unseasonably warm this year! Sorry to hear all the trouble you're having with your new set up. I think you had excellent sound with the first set up. But I totally understand. We hard core music lovers are never satisfied and sometimes that gets us into trouble. I'd keep working with Bill and sooner or later you'll be golden again. I do know for a fact those BT line levelers work!! I have a couple buds that have them on their 15's and their systems sound nice. I'm still in the process of testing these Mille's which are turning out to be very nice speakers!! I stuck em in the lowers yesterday and went for a ride. I think these things sound even better in the lowers!! In the interest of full disclosure I ran em with the SS TN4.900 in the lowers which gave me a little more low end. I love my Moto's and Pro's but these Mille's are definitely in the conversation!!

Old 12-30-2015, 06:27 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Not yet. Got home this afternoon and started breaking the bike down and could not resist a quick plug into the current JM500. A phenomenal difference between the already very good Focals. Sounded so damn good I slapped the fairing back on on went for a cruise in this 80F weather.

Should get all the BT stuff delivered mid next week as they got slammed by the Xmas sale.

If the BT 4180 is that much better than the JM500,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this is gonna be a really damn good set up for me.

May need some guidance during the install thus thanks in advance and please put in on my tab.

BTW, if you guys are planning on heading to the Austin Republic Of Texas (ROT) Rally in June, let me know as I certainly need to pick up the first 20 rounds for all of the assistance.

Thanks again!!!

T.
Any Update on the BT4180 with the Mille's Tailwind?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:01 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Not yet. The whole BT set up was supposed to ship early this week but unfortunately I got an email yesterday saying that they were out of LLs and it will ship next Thursday. Just having bad luck on this order I guess, first they were out of amps then later figured out they were out of LLs.

Will get er dun as soon as possible.

T.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:24 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Guys,

I'm not prepared to give a full review on these speakers as I have not had a chance to jump on the highway at 75 mph. I live in Indiana and it's 40 degrees today! The speakers are the Hertz Mille MPX 165.3 PRO.

I have several amps I want to try these speakers with but today I'm using the Cerwin Vega B52. My initial impression of these speakers is just what the title of my thread suggest. A cross between the Arc Moto 602's and the Biketronics Pros on steroids!

These speakers are LOUD with excellent clarity and substantial bass. I'm running the Sony DSX-S310BTX for now but I also want to try em with the Kenwood 998 and the Sony MEX-M70BT. As most guys that have been on the forum know I'm a huge fan of the Biketronics Pro's and the Moto 602's. These Hertz Mille's in my opinion are a combination of both.

Here is a link to the specs:
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-a...-pro-mpx165-3/

Stay tuned fella's Still have plenty testing to do. But my initial impression of these speakers are winners for sure!

I see you are comparing the Millie to the BT pros, so is it safe to say that the Millie's are that much better than just the BT 7.1?

One more question, I see some talk of matching the Millie's with the BT 4180 if only running a two speaker set up would the 2180 send the same power to the speakers as the 4180? excluding bridging.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Yes I am comparing the Mille's to the BT Pro's. Not only the pro's but also the Moto's. I've ran the Regular 7.1's and the Pro's. There is not that much difference between the two speakers sound wise. I think the pros can handle more power than the regular 7.1's. But from a cost standpoint I think guys would be just as satisfied with the regular 7.1's vs. the pros.

Now the Mille's have a different sound altogether than the Pro's and the Moto's. Having ran all three speakers my final assessment was that the Mille's are a cross between both speakers. The Pros' give you LOUD and the Moto's give you BASS. The Mille's give you both.

So to answer your question "Better" is a strong word. I wouldn't say they were that much "Better" than the 7.1's. I would say they have "different" acoustical properties in regard to sound. Only your ears can be the judge and it would also depend on the type of music you listen to.

Now to your second question. The BT2180 would send the exact same amount power to the Mille's as the BT4180 for a two speaker set up. The amps are clones of each other from a power standpoint. Only difference is one is a 4 channel and one is a 2 channel.

IMHO The Mille's would scream with the BT2180.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested in the test results of the Mille's powered from the Rockford Fosgate T400x4ad. If you're only powering them I'd suggest using the T400x2ad which is what I'm currently using to power a set of regular BT7.1's in my front fairing. I really like how easy it was to dial it in using the included disk and the clip indicators on the amp. I'm pretty pleased with my setup but realize I'm limiting myself from better performance by using the stock HK head unit.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:36 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes I am comparing the Mille's to the BT Pro's. Not only the pro's but also the Moto's. I've ran the Regular 7.1's and the Pro's. There is not that much difference between the two speakers sound wise. I think the pros can handle more power than the regular 7.1's. But from a cost standpoint I think guys would be just as satisfied with the regular 7.1's vs. the pros.

Now the Mille's have a different sound altogether than the Pro's and the Moto's. Having ran all three speakers my final assessment was that the Mille's are a cross between both speakers. The Pros' give you LOUD and the Moto's give you BASS. The Mille's give you both.

So to answer your question "Better" is a strong word. I wouldn't say they were that much "Better" than the 7.1's. I would say they have "different" acoustical properties in regard to sound. Only your ears can be the judge and it would also depend on the type of music you listen to.

Now to your second question. The BT2180 would send the exact same amount power to the Mille's as the BT4180 for a two speaker set up. The amps are clones of each other from a power standpoint. Only difference is one is a 4 channel and one is a 2 channel.

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was looking for. I figured the two amps were one in the same besides the 2/4 channel.

I guess I will hold on to my 7.1 non- pros for back up or future use.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TcHunter; 12-31-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:05 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

I've been following your ongoing in depth review and would have to say thanks for doing this Gannicus. This information is invaluable. The video Cameron posted sure does sound good also.

I am in the process of upgrading my 08 SG. The BT2180 is on the way. I was going to use the Moto 602's but may put them in the Ultra TP Pods instead, the BT6.5's seem pretty bright but not broke in yet. The SG is most likely only going to have two fairing speaker. So after reading this review and this quote "The Mille's give you both" I am now leaning towards the Mille's. My thinking is the Mille's would be the best bang for the buck for a two speaker setup. All opinions are welcome.

Once the speakers are here I will be searching of HU to go along with the speakers and amp.

Quick Reply: Biketronics PRO's/Moto's on steroids!!