Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuffs coming in

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 06:26 PM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stuffs coming in

Hey guys...I ordered a system and went off of recommendations from Gannicus. *Thanks Gann!*
Items are starting to arrive, so far the SS PN4.1000, and Infinity Kappa 693.11i 6x9 are here. Sony Mex-M70BT arrives tomorrow & Fairing-USA Trailers Stealth Fairing, hope it's worthy!

I want to make sure I've got all that's needed to do install on Saturday...First time doing install soooo...

1) What add'l items are needed besides speaker wire-gauge? RCA jacks?? Ground wire-gauge?

2) I'm hoping the amp will fit in Fairing which also arrives tomorrow. I want to be able to have a plug that will allow me to use as a quick disconnect to remove Fairing...Is that possible with amp in Fairing??

3) Does anyone know if the Sony HU has a remote?? Kinda wanted one if not no biggie...

Think that's about it unless I'm missing something...Thanks All!!

Old 12-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Umby
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stealth fairing showed up last week. I've only test fitted it once but was very happy for the money. I went with the 5.25 version that'll be pushed by a Kenwood amp with a JVC marine bluetooth headunit.

I'm running 10ga wire but my amp is lower output so you may want 8.

Theres lots of options for a quick disconnect. I picked up a trolling motor harness which will take care of my battery lead and ground. I'm grabbing my key-on voltage under the nacelle so I'll just use a little snap fitting for it.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:31 PM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser

Thanks on info Umby...Fairing should be in shortly...wait, it just got here, time to check it out...fingers crossed!

Old 12-18-2015, 05:02 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

No need for a remote when your on the hwy

Old 12-18-2015, 06:06 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
No need for a remote when your on the hwy
Considering the fact that his bike doesn't have hand controls, the remote would be handy to have.
OP the Sony does come with a remote and I would suggest you familiarize yourself with it really well before riding with it. Find a way to secure it to the tank while riding and be safe using it while riding.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:51 PM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBates08
Considering the fact that his bike doesn't have hand controls, the remote would be handy to have.
OP the Sony does come with a remote and I would suggest you familiarize yourself with it really well before riding with it. Find a way to secure it to the tank while riding and be safe using it while riding.

Thanks SBates...Yes, it was nice to find a remote when I opened the package. It's been a slow process for me getting it setup. Fairing seems to be of good quality for the price I paid plus shipping which was about $270.

Came with a clear & tinted windshield which are about 6", but going to order a 9" from LRS, didn't care for the short shield when I tested it.

I also sprayed the inside of Fairing with a rubberized coating to keep from getting fiberglass on my hands plus it gives it an extra layer of protection and hopefully some sound quality...don't know??

Mounted the Amp, Stereo and Speakers but have questions. I'm totally new at stereo & Amp installations, any help you guys give is appreciated!!

1) I want to make it where the Fairing can be detached. I've ordered some 2 pin quick disconnects for power & ground. Is this "ok to do"?

2) I'm also not sure what the extra connections on back of HU are for. What powers up my Amp? I'm running direct line from battery to Amp with the quick disconnect so I can detach. Does it mean my Amp is always going to be powered on, just not understanding it.

3) On the Amp where it says "power input" there is one marked "rem", what goes there?? Sorry im not an audio guy!!

4) Is it best to ground Amp on MC frame, or just run line from NEG battery side?? Also do I need an "inline fuse"??

5) Theres also a 10 pin connector on HU, what goes there?? HU didn't come with antenna. Should I get one? Not sure how well FM stations will come in.

Guys I need all the help I can get!! hopefully someone can "chime in" on my questions...I feel like a dummy for asking but I'm in need of any Audiofile gurus help!! Hope everyone had a "Great Christmas"!! Sorry for so many Q's

Old 12-27-2015, 01:59 PM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser

Pics....

Attached Thumbnails Stuffs coming in-sdc14340.jpg   Stuffs coming in-sdc14347.jpg   Stuffs coming in-sdc14350.jpg   Stuffs coming in-sdc14351.jpg   Stuffs coming in-sdc14352.jpg  

Stuffs coming in-sdc14353.jpg   Stuffs coming in-sdc14373.jpg   Stuffs coming in-sdc14358.jpg  
Old 12-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Good lord Man! That system is gonna thump!! Nice Job so far!

1. Quick connects are good if you are going to detach the fairing.
2. The amp will be powered with a remote wire from the HU (normally blue and white)
3. Question 3 should be answered in answer 2
4. Best to ground the amp to the battery.
5. 10 pin connector is for a microphone. (not needed)
6. there should be a hole for a plug on the right side of the radio for an antenna.

Last edited by Gannicus; 12-27-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:54 PM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser

As always...Thank you sir!! just bought an 8aug amp install kit to get er fired up...