Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JM-Andy is joining us for J&M

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 04:16 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by nick4737
Well with the lack of commas we can be fairly certain it's not ,,,,,,,,John ,,,,,,,using another name,,,,,,,
I wouldn't bet on it. He's already posted in another thread that had absolutely nothing to do with him.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 152 Posts

Old 12-11-2015, 07:13 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I kinda miss the good ole days when Ultra would take on JM John........ oh well, welcome Andy!

Old 12-11-2015, 10:35 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Well hell get the popcorn boys, I'm gonna dive right in!!!!!

Andy,
Currently running the JM 500w on a 2014 FLHXS and am having a hell of a time getting the sound that I like in terms of fairing and lid speakers. Started with 2 ohm then went to 4 ohm stuff but think this amp is better off in the 2 ohm world so I might switch back to that world and push 125 each at 2 vs 70 each at 4.

Should I stay in the 2 ohm world?

Thoughts regarding the various speaker configurations that you have tested?

Not looking for just loud and bright. More of a warmer sound and a bit heavier on the bass.

If my money tree was healthy I would obviously get an amp that pushes 180x4 at 4 ohm and dance to Focal Kevlars or Hertz but it's not healthy so I may end up moving towards 2 ohm Kappas front and rear until the drought ends.

Thanks for any guidance or experience you can share regarding the JM 500.

T.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:42 PM
IB Cristina
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default JM-Andy is joining us for J&M

Hi guys,

Thanks for being willing to give Andy a shot, like we are. The last thing I want to do is mess with how healthy the audio forum has become. And I agree that the road is looking bumpy, but we wanted to give this a chance, as the current arrangement isn't perfect either because of things like...

John started PMing users at my suggestion. Sorry, guys! He's never even used PMs before, but he wanted to respond to people's troubleshooting issues and then got a bit overzealous. So having Andy around can have benefits, see?! Haha. Again, I'm really sorry.

The posting rules have been made clear. I'll be doing my best to keep an eye on things, but, yes, of course, you can report any issues to me directly.

As for vendor posting rules, don't we have those in the vendor forums? They might not be the most up to date, so they're definitely worth looking at when I get back to the office on Monday. I'm using the Garage Talk app at the moment.

Seriously, thank you for how obviously hard most of you are trying to be nice to Andy. *cough* Haze, SBates *cough* don't make me have to start cleaning this thread because you can't be civil. :-)

Old 12-12-2015, 10:19 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Rules. So that it is clear to all of us --- what are the rules? Can JM post only on threads and offer advice/troubleshoot JM audio equipment? If so, I think that's great!! Or is JM allowed to post anywhere much like Andys second post on this forum where he linked a JM product, and advertised his product on a thread that had nothing to do with anything JM. Because if that's the case, then it's game on.
The problem (as I saw it) was that no matter what the original post was regarding, JM John would jump on it and turn it into a spam/link fest regarding his equipment and products.

If JM Andy can stay on subject, and weigh in with advice to help us, then he is welcome IMHO.

But we all really think JM Andy is,,,,,,,,,,, JM John,,,,,,,,,,, and every post by him will return,,,,,,,,,,to his regularly scheduled program.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:05 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Did JM John sleep with your wives?

Seriously, you guys are all acting incredibly butt hurt. There is a group members who seem believe that all JM equipment comes directly from Satan. JM stuff is OK, it pretty good, Light and very waterproof, although there are some speakers that are more efficient.

But you guys don't discuss it like that. Not like the rest of the forums discuss the pro's and con's of Wood's vs Tman cams or a Dragula vs Fat Cat. No you guys act like all JM stuff is made out 100% pure anthrax. Why?

You guys act like any one who buys JM gear is an idiot and you and only you hold the sacred knowledge.

Get tired of listening to folks who are absolutely convinced that they are holier than than thou....