Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Guru's

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Biketronics Guru's

First a little background.

I'm currently running DD CXS 6.5 all the way around powered by a JL 400/4v2 on my 14 Limited. Don't get me wrong I love the way they sound. Got them tuned just right.

But.....

I have been looking at the BT7P14 PRO SPEAKER UPGRADE. I like the ideal of getting rid of the front speaker pods and placing a bigger speaker in there. Now the $699.99 price point is that the speakers and brackets? Just want to be sure before I decide purchase. I plan on keeping the JL amp by the way.

For those that have it what are your thoughts? Sound quality, installation etc.
I have ran just about every speaker known to man between my SG and Limited and very picky when it comes to sound and my music. I finally got the SG just right and now looking at getting the Limited straight.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Not a Guru... but can tell you the BT Speaker brackets are the way to go. These brackets are also drilled for standard 6.5 speakers. If you call BT they will sell the brackets without speakers.

What HU are you using? Using the stock HU you may not notice any difference between the regular 7.1's and pros.

The JL 400/4v2 looks like a very nice amp, but the BT 7.1's and 7.1Pros will need more than 75watts per channel to bring them to there full potential and justify the cost.

The BT speakers are very good speakers but others like Haze and Gann have much more knowledge on recommending speakers based on the sound you are looking for.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Not a Guru... but can tell you the BT Speaker brackets are the way to go. These brackets are also drilled for standard 6.5 speakers. If you call BT they will sell the brackets without speakers.

What HU are you using? Using the stock HU you may not notice any difference between the regular 7.1's and pros.

The JL 400/4v2 looks like a very nice amp, but the BT 7.1's and 7.1Pros will need more than 75watts per channel to bring them to there full potential and justify the cost.

The BT speakers are very good speakers but others like Haze and Gann have much more knowledge on recommending speakers based on the sound you are looking for.
To echo Bert's sentiments you would have to bridge the JL amp for the PRO's to sound off! 75 watts is just simply not enough power for those speakers. Trust me Kesean mostly everyone here is picky about their music. That's the whole reason we are here 24/7 lol! I've ran the PRO's albeit not on a 14' but have many friends who have that set up. The brackets are the way to go with the new bikes. Again, If you are going keep the JL amp bridge it to the PRO's. The pro's sound dam good bridged with that amp.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
To echo Bert's sentiments you would have to bridge the JL amp for the PRO's to sound off! 75 watts is just simply not enough power for those speakers. Trust me Kesean mostly everyone here is picky about their music. That's the whole reason we are here 24/7 lol! I've ran the PRO's albeit not on a 14' but have many friends who have that set up. The brackets are the way to go with the new bikes. Again, If you are going keep the JL amp bridge it to the PRO's. The pro's sound dam good bridged with that amp.
Thanks for the response.
Yes the plan was/is to bridge, didn't see any reason to change out the amp. Its a damn good amp.

The brackets is what really caught my attention not so much the speaker but figured why not get both. Can only make it better, right? LOL!

Old 12-06-2015, 07:43 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

What really makes those speakers shine over the regular 7P1's, HCX, Moto's etc. is how loud they can get, and how much power they can take and have great SQ. If you don't give them power, then the others listed above sound fairly close.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
What really makes those speakers shine over the regular 7P1's, HCX, Moto's etc. is how loud they can get, and how much power they can take and have great SQ. If you don't give them power, then the others listed above sound fairly close.
Are you running them?

Old 12-06-2015, 08:25 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

I was. I ran all four I mentioned above. Pros, regulars, HCX and Arcs.

Running PA speakers and horns now. Louder, but not the same SQ or bass.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:33 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Ask him in a couple weeks and it will be different!!!! Couple guys here are like crash test dummies for audio components and I and MANY others are truly appreciative of this. Thanks again Haze for all your help.
Kris

Old 12-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Ahhh so you running the same.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Ask him in a couple weeks and it will be different!!!! Couple guys here are like crash test dummies for audio components and I and MANY others are truly appreciative of this. Thanks again Haze for all your help.
Kris
Kris
I'm the same way. Constantly changing up.

Quick Reply: Biketronics Guru's