Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lid 6x9s. ARC, Hertz, Polk, Kicker, JL?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts
Default Lid 6x9s. ARC, Hertz, Polk, Kicker, JL?

My dragon says I've been a good little boy this year so I'm in the game for some Xmas speakers.
Hearing a lot of good stuff on this forum about Hertz, Polk, ARC, & Kicker but outside of this sandbox it becomes a Hertz and Polk conversation. Very different price points.
Will add a bag amp TN4.900 or smaller in physical size thus will have some juice to move the noise.
Looking for a balance of clarity and added thump. The Hertz seems to fit that desire based on reviews.
Thoughts?

Thank you!!!
T

Old 12-02-2015, 12:46 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Brother man Polk and Hertz 6X9's do not belong in the same sentence. I've had both.

Hertz - loudest clearest, decent bass
Arc's - most bass, very low sensitivity (needs power)

To add some more twist for you. The TN4.900 or PPI 900.4 (same amp) hits really hard, great warm rich sound. Both the Hertz and Arc's can take more power (and get louder) than that amp can puts out. BUT...that amp is around 175 bucks and the next one up is around 600.00

Oh and I liked the Kickers over the Polks, but still those are budget options and not in the same class either...and they shouldn't be. Kickers - 129.00 the others 375ish.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

You want two sets of 6x9's in your saddle bags if your're going with the SS TN4.900. Very warm amp that bring out the bass in speakers. Haze and myself have probably ran more 6x9's with that amp than the rest of the free world!! Our top two 6x9's with that amp has been the Hertz HCX 690's (HAZE) and the Arc Moto 692 (Gan) He purchased a set of 692's and checked them out and I have a set of Hertz 690's on the way. I'm going to run em both while he runs two sets of Hertz 690's. As always we will compare notes and post a review. Both speakers are about as awesome as it gets on a bike. and trust me when I say between the both of us we've had em all in there!

That said. Take your pick. Run two of each model or a combo of both. You won't be disappointed!!

Old 12-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Awesome guidance!!!! Thank you again!!!

Think I am going to first go with the high energy Hertz for the Xmas list and dial in the amp and additional speakers after the dust settles.

Cannot find any negative reviews regarding the Hertz in any venue.

Thanks again!!!!

T.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:29 PM
UltraWalt
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Hertz!

Old 12-03-2015, 11:53 PM
MichiganMikey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a new pair of arc Moto 692's for $285 on eBay at the moment. Damn good price!

Old 12-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Thank u!!!!
T

Old 12-04-2015, 02:47 PM
bayboy75
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Hertz will definitely give you more volume with less power. Just make sure you tune them properly. They can be tempermental when it comes to frequency range.

I guess people have stepped away from the Pioneer TS-D6902 for bass. Lol

Old 01-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
You want two sets of 6x9's in your saddle bags if your're going with the SS TN4.900. Very warm amp that bring out the bass in speakers. Haze and myself have probably ran more 6x9's with that amp than the rest of the free world!! Our top two 6x9's with that amp has been the Hertz HCX 690's (HAZE) and the Arc Moto 692 (Gan) He purchased a set of 692's and checked them out and I have a set of Hertz 690's on the way. I'm going to run em both while he runs two sets of Hertz 690's. As always we will compare notes and post a review. Both speakers are about as awesome as it gets on a bike. and trust me when I say between the both of us we've had em all in there!

That said. Take your pick. Run two of each model or a combo of both. You won't be disappointed!!
Gan,
Did you and Haze ever finish the cage fight you were having regarding the Hertz and Moto 6x9s?

Thank you!!!!

T.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:04 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Gan,
Did you and Haze ever finish the cage fight you were having regarding the Hertz and Moto 6x9s?

Thank you!!!!

T.
No cage fight bro! Both speakers are awesome in different ways! Just depends on how you want to set up your system! If you want clarity and Loud then you want the Hertz. If you want clarity and Bass you want the Moto's. That simple. Haze loves his system loud with plenty of SQ. Me. I'll sacrifice a little SQ for bass. The ideal situation is to try to get the best of both worlds which is very hard to do on a bike. But it can be done. Haze is almost there and So am I. We just took different routes getting there. He sent me some Horns today.... Can't wait to pop them in!! Lol!!

Quick Reply: Lid 6x9s. ARC, Hertz, Polk, Kicker, JL?