Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lid 6x9s. ARC, Hertz, Polk, Kicker, JL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Vision
Will 180 watts per Channel do the trick for pushing the 692s or do you need more ?
Now what are u up to? Ur gonna fill ur bags up aren't u!!!!

I just ordered the 692s and got an amazing price from a really good dude.
PM me if you go down that road and I will get u the info. He is a friend of one of our Forum Leaders thus damn credible guy to do business with.

T.

Last edited by Tailwind; 02-11-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
vision, 180 rms..must be using the 4180, that should be more than enough, the big Arc moto 4 amp is only 150 rms! The 692's are rated at 90 rms, 180 is double should sound great!
Yes, I am. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 09baggerdude
We will see....
You're on that journey to huh? Lol!

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Now what are u up to? Ur gonna fill ur bags up aren't u!!!!

I just ordered the 692s and got an amazing price from a really good dude.
PM me if you go down that road and I will get u the info. He is a friend of one of our Forum Leaders thus damn credible guy to do business with.

T.

LOL.. Taking some good advice Bro and trying a few different speakers to see what will ultimately stay and what will stick around as a good backup.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Vision
Yes, I am. Thanks!You're on that journey to huh? Lol!LOL.. Taking some good advice Bro and trying a few different speakers to see what will ultimately stay and what will stick around as a good backup.
It's a slippery damn slope!!!!!! In a month you will have side mounted speaks inside your bags!!! Gets tuff with the lids and bags as u want those big speaks back there to provide front and rear stage sound. Front stage speaks seem to be 93ish sens lids and the rear being in the 88-89 range by design. Bad news is paralleling with that mix is not recommended. Another amp in your future too!!! The bad **** Kappas are 2 ohm so that adds to the conflicting dynamics.

All I can say is that this really is fun and challenging stuff cause there really is no perfect end state solution. Your ears are always gonna want more!!!!

So I have a media crew staying at the house saying they are doing a documentary on cycle audio. Is that a problem? Same exact shix that they do on that show "Intervention." I'm screwed!!!! On second thought, I just gonna walk and refuse treatment. It's all good!!!

T.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:09 AM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's a slippery damn slope!!!!!! In a month you will have side mounted speaks inside your bags!!! Gets tuff with the lids and bags as u want those big speaks back there to provide front and rear stage sound. Front stage speaks seem to be 93ish sens lids and the rear being in the 88-89 range by design. Bad news is paralleling with that mix is not recommended. Another amp in your future too!!! The bad **** Kappas are 2 ohm so that adds to the conflicting dynamics.

All I can say is that this really is fun and challenging stuff cause there really is no perfect end state solution. Your ears are always gonna want more!!!!

So I have a media crew staying at the house saying they are doing a documentary on cycle audio. Is that a problem? Same exact shix that they do on that show "Intervention." I'm screwed!!!! On second thought, I just gonna walk and refuse treatment. It's all good!!!

T.
Lmao...more is always better. Right?

Old 02-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

T.
You may just be right Bro! I'm trying my best to resist, but the fight is real and you guys are aiding in my addition! LOL! Good luck man!

Old 02-12-2016, 10:51 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

T.
That;s some funny ****