Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp Install questions... Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

It's much easier to keep this all in one thread.

The wires on the left side of the LL/converter go to the speaker wires coming out of the radio. Right + & - and Left + & -. If the previous amp was wired correctly, you can hold the plug up to the old amp and label each wire using the diagram on the amp. Right + & - and Left + & -.
Cut the wires and connect them to the corresponding wires converter.

The RCA cables on the right side of the converter connect to the Front channel Inputs on Amp.
The screw-downs on the other side of the Amp will go out to the speakers. You will want to tin the wires with solder before screwing them down. Putting a small amount of Blue Loctite on the very top of the screw threads will help them from coming loose.

You will need a set of RCA cables as Gann pointed out.
Connect the lower speakers in the same way using a second converter, rear inputs, and rear screw-downs. Don't forget to label those wires as you remove them from the speakers.

Last edited by Bertk; 12-01-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Here you go. Same part # fits both sides. I'd still find out for sure from someone if the Arc grills fit. The CVO grills are unpainted.

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....ge_580440596=0

2010 Limited with some stuff
I can just pull one of my 602's out of my upper fairing and pop it in there and see if they fit, since now I've gotta wait for the new lower speakers to come in.

What about the SNI-35 line levelers? Was the link I posted a couple of posts back what I'm needing? Just trying to get everything ordered.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Taxman
Road Captain

So the speaker wires coming from the radio go to the line leveler. Then RCA from leveler to amp. Then screw downs wired to the speakers. Is that right?

Old 12-01-2015, 11:56 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
I can just pull one of my 602's out of my upper fairing and pop it in there and see if they fit, since now I've gotta wait for the new lower speakers to come in. What about the SNI-35 line levelers? Was the link I posted a couple of posts back what I'm needing? Just trying to get everything ordered.
When you take those speakers out of the lowers you need to make sure the grill will fit flush in the hole. I'm certain the 602 will fit in the lowers but since this stuff was on the bike I doubt you have an Arc grill to test fit.
Yes the link you provided earlier is what you need. You can get by with only one but personally I'd use two of them.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:57 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Jaye this is what you want it to look like when finished. Smooth and flush.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Yeah but those CVO grills aren't cheap either. Maybe someone else will chime in on whether or not the Arc grills fit the lowers or not.

Yes. They will fit. You will have to paint them black though. They come in silver mesh.... Lol

P.S The arcs will not look as good as the example Bates provided. His grills are perfect. The arcs will stick out a little. Not completely flush like Bates.

Last edited by Gannicus; 12-01-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:00 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Yes. They will fit. You will have to paint them black though. They come in silver mesh.... Lol
Aight that solves that. Thank Gannicus.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jaye H
So the speaker wires coming from the radio go to the line leveler. Then RCA from leveler to amp. Then screw downs wired to the speakers. Is that right?
That is correct. Looks like I posted to the wrong thread...
I'm going to copy this to the other thread to keep it together.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Taxman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bertk
That is correct. Looks like I posted to the wrong thread...
I've requested the threads be merged.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

I copied this from the other thread to keep it all together.

The wires on the left side of the LL/converter go to the speaker wires coming out of the radio. Right + & - and Left + & -. If the previous amp was wired correctly, you can hold the plug up to the old amp and label each wire using the diagram on the amp. Right + & - and Left + & -.
Cut the wires and connect them to the corresponding wires converter.

The RCA cables on the right side of the converter connect to the Front channel Inputs on Amp.
The screw-downs on the other side of the Amp will go out to the speakers. You will want to tin the wires with solder before screwing them down. Putting a small amount of Blue Loctite on the very top of the screw threads will help them from coming loose.

You will need a set of RCA cables as Gann pointed out.
Connect the lower speakers in the same way using a second converter, rear inputs, and rear screw-downs. Don't forget to label those wires as you remove them from the speakers.

Quick Reply: Amp Install questions... Help please.