Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 05:25 PM
MajorGeek
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer?

16 Street Glide CVO with Stage 2 audio. Would like to add a mild sub in one bag. I've heard them and even saw one the other night with 2 subs but i'd like to save some bag space Anyone point me in the right direction?

Old 12-01-2015, 01:14 PM
nineball
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

take a look at partsexpress.com. they have lots of slim-mount subs available.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:46 PM
MajorGeek
Intermediate

Appreciate the reply but it would be easier to see how someone has done it before rather than guess myself. I'm going to check local shops, maybe they've done it.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by MajorGeek
16 Street Glide CVO with Stage 2 audio. Would like to add a mild sub in one bag. I've heard them and even saw one the other night with 2 subs but i'd like to save some bag space Anyone point me in the right direction?
These guys appear to have it all figured out when it come to subs.

http://americanhardbag.com/products/...er-upgrade-kit

Old 12-01-2015, 02:00 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

What specifically would like to know?

The common size is an 8inch speaker facing the rear wheel as it fits just perfect at the end of the bag. There's also kits to mount a 10 inch speaker in the center of the bag. If you want to go smaller I've seen some 6.5's that hit hard....either way you will need power to drive them and that's the challenge with subs that they draw a lot of juice. I've also seen ported enclosures with the subs facing up in the bag. The 8's and 6.5's normally have a cut out in the bag.

I also think if you are going to add a sub to your bike, the Boom II system doesn't have enough behind it to compliment a sub with the appropriate volume and highs to really shine on a bike that has sub.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:24 PM
MajorGeek
Intermediate

I think you've answered it. Frankly, I rarely go over half volume. 600 watts is more than enough to be heard form too far away but just too much highs. I don't want anything too extreme, but you might be right. One way to find out. Thanks everyone.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:12 PM
M16pilot
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gannicus
These guys appear to have it all figured out when it come to subs.

http://americanhardbag.com/products/...er-upgrade-kit
I have heard some bad about that set up. Over on the Harley Davidson bagger stereo group on facebook.

Tim

Old 12-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by M16pilot
I have heard some bad about that set up. Over on the Harley Davidson bagger stereo group on facebook.

Tim
I hear ya Tim! Personally I don't think subs are a good idea on a bike if you do any riding. Only good for the parking lot.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:58 AM
MajorGeek
Intermediate

Link?

Gannicus I ride maybe 5k a year. I don't take really long rides, back can't take it. One saddlebag is almost always completely empty. If I go to Daytona I have a bag that straps to the backrest. So, basically I can afford to lose 1 saddlebag. But, I have to do more research for sure.

Originally Posted by M16pilot

Tim

Old 12-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MajorGeek
Link?

Gannicus I ride maybe 5k a year. I don't take really long rides, back can't take it. One saddlebag is almost always completely empty. If I go to Daytona I have a bag that straps to the backrest. So, basically I can afford to lose 1 saddlebag. But, I have to do more research for sure.
5K is great Major!! The guys I'm talking about don't ride 500 miles a season. Back and forth to bike night is about the extent of their riding. Here's the thing Major. The sub does you absolutely no good on the highway running 70MPH. You are much better off with a nice set of 6x9's in the lids and a nice set in the saddle bags. They will generate enough bass to hear on the highway and sitting still if tuned properly.

If you want some bass start up front with the Moto 602's and work your way back with the 6x9's with an amp that produces at least 150W per channel @ 4 ohms. No need for a sub. Trust me.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer?