Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:49 AM
MajorGeek
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, will look into that Might wait for Daytona and talk to some people there when there's a lot of selection. One thing that might work by then is I have stage 2 meaning front and rear 300 watt amps so you might be on to something.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:56 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

I would toss a 6x9 in each bag and small amp in your fairing. You'll get bass, highs and volume from the 6X9's and still have room in your bags.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:59 AM
MajorGeek
Intermediate

16 CVO, already have 2 amps at 300 each and 4 speakers It's a matter of just bass. Reading your posts and others on the 602's now. Might be an easy speaker swap and call it a day. Just need a little bass.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Lol. . I hear you Major. But all you need to know about audio on a bike is right here on this forum. These guys live and breath audio everyday. Give Bill a call at Biketronics and get his opinion on subs or PM my friend Haze324. All you need to know is right there.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:41 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by MajorGeek
16 CVO, already have 2 amps at 300 each and 4 speakers It's a matter of just bass. Reading your posts and others on the 602's now. Might be an easy speaker swap and call it a day. Just need a little bass.
That's a really nice bike, I was at Space Coast Harley near Daytona recently checking those out.

Having said that, if you want bass you need another amp. Those amps will not cut it, and if you add the 602's those amps will not cut it either. They are 75w peak at 2ohm to the woofer and tweeter. It's a play on numbers to get to the 300 mark. If you add the 602's which are 4ohm that will drop that power in half on those amps and that surely isn't enough for those speakers.

The Boom II upgrade sounds pretty good, if you want bass I would add a set of 6X9's in each bag but 100% they need to be amplified and an aftermarket amp will run you 100-150 bucks. You have a nice bike, to get some decent bass it's worth an extra 150 bucks to do it right.

You mentioned Daytona, I'm down in Miami. If you need a hand let me know. That's a 1 day install.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MajorGeek

Wow . . I was just looking at that bike! Very nice bike. re-thinking your set up it's going to be difficult to get 6x9's in the 16 lids. If it were me I think I would simply change all the speakers and get a more powerful amp with the BT line levelers. Sadly in order to get more bass that's what you have to do.

As haze said, Even if you add a sub in one bag your amps do not have enough power to push it. A nice set up for your bike with plenty bass would be:

Amp: Soundstream 1000D
Speakers: Fairing & Lowers - 2 sets of Moto 602's
Lids - Set of JL C5 570x speakers.

The JL's and the Moto's are both bass heavy speakers and have excellent clarity with the 1000D. Wire the Moto's in parallel on the front channel and run the JL's alone on the back channel. You'll be a happy man with that set up.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:40 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Can't do lower speakers on the Rushmore CVO's Gann.......watercooled.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 12-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Can't do lower speakers on the Rushmore CVO's Gann.......watercooled.

2010 Limited with some stuff
LOL!! Dam it Man!! Trying to keep up with this new stuff is killin me! Okay back to the drawing board! One set of Moto's in the fairing. JL's in the lids off the 1000D amp. Still going to be a major difference over the BOOMS!

Old 12-03-2015, 12:45 PM
bayboy75
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run two Memphis Mojo pro audio 8's and I have plenty of space for trips. It's all about the placement. I set mine up as far back in the bags as they will go. All depends on what you want.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:33 AM
MajorGeek
Intermediate

That's nice of you. I'm actually in Vero Beach and I bought this one at Space Coast in Palm Bay. I thought the new Stage II on CVO's was 300 watts each amp, one front, one rear?

I met a guy yesterday at Space Coast on a toy run who had 6 602's in his back bags. Anyway, I am more confused than ever They sounded good though!

Here's where I am at, maybe you can tell me what you think?

Guys who did the 602's mentioned above can put a sub in but cutting those new bags.... Leap of faith. What he mentioned was the speakers aren't housed well in the fairing so I could do front 602's, make sure they are insulated and see if that adds some bass.

Just don't know, an additional amp plus sub seems like the easier route. I don't know if the 602's are compatible, if they will actually give me some bass or if I can replace the rears and do the same thing. At this point it sounds like I would need new amps and crossovers and I don't want to gut the entire system on a brand new bike.

During the ride yesterday I had to turn my stereo down. Frankly, the Boom stuff just sounds like crap. Some songs are ok, but a lot of what I listen to comes with so many highs it literally pains me to listen. And that with bass all the way up and treble all the way down.

Originally Posted by haze324
That's a really nice bike, I was at Space Coast Harley near Daytona recently checking those out.

Having said that, if you want bass you need another amp. Those amps will not cut it, and if you add the 602's those amps will not cut it either. They are 75w peak at 2ohm to the woofer and tweeter. It's a play on numbers to get to the 300 mark. If you add the 602's which are 4ohm that will drop that power in half on those amps and that surely isn't enough for those speakers.

The Boom II upgrade sounds pretty good, if you want bass I would add a set of 6X9's in each bag but 100% they need to be amplified and an aftermarket amp will run you 100-150 bucks. You have a nice bike, to get some decent bass it's worth an extra 150 bucks to do it right.

You mentioned Daytona, I'm down in Miami. If you need a hand let me know. That's a 1 day install.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer?