Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line Leveler issues, sigh, I know BT will come through.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 09:25 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

It only says 1.19.1 no second .1
I'll download newest if there is a second .1 in it and install.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:32 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

k, looks like a new update since mine, I'll reset to factory default then upload new software, radio has been glitchy and slow to respond to commands for a few days anyway,, long boot time, doesn't always do what I tell it to very fast.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
k, looks like a new update since mine, I'll reset to factory default then upload new software, radio has been glitchy and slow to respond to commands for a few days anyway,, long boot time, doesn't always do what I tell it to very fast.
Yes the 1.19.1.1 is for the Premium Radio and up. The only change they show is "Incorrect next turn bar directions", but who knows for sure.
I think the Reset is the next logical simple step.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by timbo141
00_on/off.bin is the stock flash for two speaker no amp
02_on/off.bin is the stock flash for four speaker no amp . Basically same EQ settings as 00 with rear speaker terminals and fader enabled
I should have mentioned the stock 00_on/off.bin is on my 15 Ultra Limited.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:41 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
I should have mentioned the stock 00_on/off.bin is on my 15 Ultra Limited.
You have 00_on/off.bin, rear speakers active (I know the Limiteds have tour pack speakers) and a working fader?

My RGS had 00_on/off.bin stock.
When I had it flashed (July or early August this year), at the time Biketronics recommended flash was four speakers upper fairing rear pods amp 1 off amp 2 off, and I ended up with my current setup which is 02_on/off.bin with a working fader

I saw there was a setting two speakers upper fairing amp 1 off amp 2 off (Which I thought would have been RG /SG setting.

Last edited by timbo141; 11-28-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by timbo141
You have 00_on/off.bin, rear speakers active (I know the Limiteds have tour pack speakers) and a working fader?

When I was looking at the Digital Technician 00_on/off.bin was "two speakers upper fairing"
Yes four speakers, fade, and T&B all working.

I have been following a couple of forums for about a year regarding the .bin files / Flash updates and have come to the conclusion that the .bin files are meaningless. And that Flashing the radio is a crap shoot.

It appears that with every software update and Digital Tech update pushed out by the MOCO / Programmers these .bin files change. I believe this is why there are so many folks having different results after having the system Flashed and receiving the same .bin file. Most Harley Techs don't even know these .bin files exist.

That being said, this is the reason I never had mine Flashed. My audio worked fairly well. In my opinion, MOCO / Programmers are clueless when it comes to making these audio/GPS systems work correctly. I have the latest software update now that the BT LL's are installed and most of what they say they have fixed in these updates aren't fixed. Hell there selling Boom II system for big $$$ that they can't get to work worth a crap. There have been several people on these forums that have had the Boom II package removed, at there expense.

The best thing that has happened for us 2014+ HD owners to date is the development of the BT Line Leveler. My system is working as well as I can expect for having a stock HU.

I suspect that the MOCO is taking a close look at what BT has done.

Last edited by Bertk; 11-28-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:39 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

It appears to sound better after the flash, but the one rear speaker still very very low volume. I'll check connections and switch l-r to see if it's hardware or software.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

It appears to sound better after the flash, but the one rear speaker still very very low volume. I'll check connections and switch l-r to see if it's hardware or software.
You mean software update, correct? Did you do a Reset also? If not I would.

Just wondering if removing the fuse to the BT amp helps in resetting the auto gains.

Last edited by Bertk; 11-28-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:30 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

I had to go to the airport (1hr away) this afternoon and pick up my sister in law coming home from Kenya, so not been out there for a while. I have to look at the instructions in my manual on how to do a reset, I've done it before, but don't recall by heart.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

I had to go to the airport (1hr away) this afternoon and pick up my sister in law coming home from Kenya, so not been out there for a while. I have to look at the instructions in my manual on how to do a reset, I've done it before, but don't recall by heart.
Post #4 in this thread.

Quick Reply: Line Leveler issues, sigh, I know BT will come through.