Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on new system

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 07:17 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Here's something I ran across after adding Kappa's to the lowers. The supplied grills won't work, and you'll have to add a different set.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:29 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by soberjoe
I'm looking at the speaker pods to go into my lowers. Ebay has lots of them. Anyone know which one isn't thin crap plastic? They must of course fit the Infinity Kappa 62.111 speakers.
Joe-

You want to get these "vented" for your 2012. Great quality and the price is right. As John said you will have to get the Harley Davidson CVO grills from Kutter Harley Davidson because the kappa grills won't fit. The part number for the grills is 76000065.

Here are the lower pods:

http://www.slickcustoms.com/speaker-...-fairings.html

Old 11-27-2015, 08:13 AM
soberjoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That all makes sense to me. And the price difference between the 1000 and the 520 is really only a few bucks.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:49 AM
soberjoe
Cruiser

Is there a preferred wiring kit for all of this?

Old 11-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Is there a preferred wiring kit for all of this?
Boss 8 gauge wiring kit or the Rockford Fosgate Kit. I always recommend the Boss kit because it's much cheaper and comes with an inline fuse.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:56 PM
soberjoe
Cruiser

After a lot of thought I'm going with the PBR300x2 and the Kappa's. That will sound much better then the Hogtune I have now and I'll still have FM. I've decided to go 2 channel only because I live in Florida and only use the lowers during our short winter. So this will save me a lot of money and sound great.

Thank you all for helping me with this upgrade.
Peace,
SJ

Old 12-04-2015, 05:59 AM
soberjoe
Cruiser

Ok, the amp and speakers are all in and the sound is very loud and very clear. I don't see how you can beat this system for the price. The speakers even dropped to $104 The amp was $149

I can say the wiring kit is a huge waste of money. For $29 bucks I basically got a power cable. The kit has a very short black ground wire and a written statement saying on motorcycles you must ground to the battery.

No way can you reach the battery with the supplied ground cable. The rest of the kit is a few zip ties and wiring connectors, So I just went out and got some 10 gauge black wire and used that.

Thank you all who helped me figure out this up grade.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Ok, the amp and speakers are all in and the sound is very loud and very clear. I don't see how you can beat this system for the price. The speakers even dropped to $104 The amp was $149

I can say the wiring kit is a huge waste of money. For $29 bucks I basically got a power cable. The kit has a very short black ground wire and a written statement saying on motorcycles you must ground to the battery.

No way can you reach the battery with the supplied ground cable. The rest of the kit is a few zip ties and wiring connectors, So I just went out and got some 10 gauge black wire and used that.

Thank you all who helped me figure out this up grade.
Enjoy your new system Joe!!

Old 12-11-2015, 11:11 AM
soberjoe
Cruiser

The new system is working nicely. I do have another question. I have a hogtune tweeter bar from the system I removed. Would there be any harm adding that into the new system, which is a PBR300x2 and a pair of Kappa's ?

Old 12-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

The new system is working nicely. I do have another question. I have a hogtune tweeter bar from the system I removed. Would there be any harm adding that into the new system, which is a PBR300x2 and a pair of Kappa's ?
If you use the tweeter bar just power it up with the head unit.I don't think you will need it as the KAPPAS have some pretty good highs

Quick Reply: Advice on new system