Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kappa 62.11i's to BT 7.1pros

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Blowby
Road Captain
Received 168 Likes on 71 Posts

I don't mind the debate in this thread. I think this helps validate decisions we make in purchasing speakers.

I posted above the big difference between the BT 7.1pro's is the volume and clarity at speed on the highway. I loved the Kappa's and this spring I will be able to compare the BT's while riding long distances. Switching to High level improved hi's greatly.

Carry on.....

Last edited by Blowby; 01-10-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
If you're happy with your BT stuff, then great. However, let's not sit here and play games and act like the op didn't say that the BT speakers weren't much better than the kappas. And like I said once before, are those BT speakers twice as good as the kappas? Of course not...we all know that. Seems as tho BT is charging double for a lifetime warranty that you'll never use. I'll pass. For the price of that lifetime warranty, I can keep sending my ss amps and kappa speakers back for replacements. It's always more than one way to skin a cat. Over 25k miles on my setup so far, and it's still kicking. Yeah, I had to replace a bad pioneer speaker, but guess what??? I was under warranty. So tell us again how much that lifetime warranty and that "motorcycle specific" stuff is worth over non "motorcycle specific" components. I'll wait for your justification on that price tag that's 3x higher than mine.
When I read this thread what I saw the OP say was "Holy Sh*t they have the power to move Quality sound" (talking about the Pro's). I didn't see where he said the BT's weren't much better than the Kappas?? AS far as paying for a life time warranty you'll never use, I damaged a tweeter on a set of Titan II's. After talking to BT They said they would repair it for $30 if I paid to ship them there and back. I sent it in and instead of charging me to repair the tweeter they priority mailed me a brand new speaker saying the voice coil sounded a little crunchy! The BT HAT"s are not "motorcycle specific speakers" (your probably thinking of Hogtunes and J&M) they have won more awards in the car audio world since 2006 than all the other speakers combined. Go to their web site where they have the HAT's in an aquarium where they ran a garden hose on them try that with your Kappas! I had a SS amp on my bike and when I upgraded to the 4180 (180 rms per channel at 4 ohms 0.5 THD 230 at 2 ohms) it was light years ahead in SQ and power! I don't see where the OP is unhappy or feel that he was "suckered" into buying BT products. Maybe You have to say these thing's to make your self feel better about your "best bang for the buck" (cheap) system. I have no doubt your system is LOUD but loud doesn't mean SQ. No need to come on here and knock other people for their choices because you don't want to spend the money for SQ, or maybe you just can't HEAR the difference. Your entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. Oh by the way how many different QUALITY amps and speakers have you had on your bike? Your warranty will run out Its not the same as "lifetime"!

Last edited by Moto Mike; 01-10-2016 at 11:30 PM. Reason: added
Old 01-11-2016, 06:51 AM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not talking about what the OP said. I'm talking about eshaw's statement that those who purchase BT equipment are suckers because of their overpriced products. I see no facts in that statement. But I do see a direct attack; not only against BT but you are calling every owner of a BT product a "sucker". That's what I'm taking offense too. If you want to continue buying your "cheap" stuff and claim it's just as good as BT, then fine. But referring to BT buyers as suckers goes too far in my book.

I and many others will pay for quality. And I will support a manufacturer who will stand behind there product with a lifetime warranty. That doesn't mean everyone will need to use their warranty. But it does mean when I do something to blow a component I know it won't cost me a dime to replace it. That's my decision to make up front.

And after having purchased two other brands of amps and speakers back in 2009 and having to replace both of them; that's when I make a decision to buy quality and protection rather than "save" money.

And I am knowledgeable enough about stereos to be able to make contrasting statements about two different brands of products without disparaging either one.

End of rant, unless I'm referred to as a "sucker" again.

Jim

Old 01-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Lol, I must be the biggest "sucker" of all time! I've purchased Every product from BT they sell. I LOVE their products!! So yeah. I'll own it!! "GAN - THE BIGGEST SUCKER OF ALL TIME" Seriously you get what you pay for in this world. Nothing overpriced about the BT products. No other vendor to my knowledge offers a lifetime warranty. No way BT can offer a lifetime warranty without including the warranty in the price of the product. Business 101.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:04 AM
nebraider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowby
I do have one layer of poly-fill around each speaker and a dynamat type product (Brown Bread) on the fairing just behind the speakers. I wonder if I need more of either since the fairing is starting to come alive when I really crank it. Suggestions?

BTW The speaker magnet on the clutch side is leaving a slight impression on the matting, not much but it's touching for sure.

I just want to know how you got the outer back on?
I have the same speakers and my outer will not go back in place properly.... They sound just as good as mine do and I am sure my neighbor hates me when I am doing my settings in the garage, haha.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Blowby
Road Captain

Is it hitting the speakers or the amp? I had to move my amp, Velcro mounted directly on the stereo, as far back under the gauges as possible or the fairing would hit it.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Glad to know that after almost a year of being away, the 62.11i still seem to be the best bang for the buck. Looks as though Biketronics suckered another one into their over priced products.
Hi,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I will be the first to say you can get pretty nice sound for less than our products cost. I help people get better sound out of other vendors products every day. It is your option to buy what makes you happy, that's what makes this fun and interesting.

I have read this whole thing three times and I cannot figure out if there is something that triggered this comment, if so I am here to help and I don't want someone to be unhappy with our parts. Please pm me if needed.

I think this is a really helpful and informative with the videos and tuning information. I love that kind of stuff so please keep doing it and don't let it turn into a argument over price or vendors.

Thanks,

Bill

Old 01-13-2016, 07:39 PM
ep120794
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill your products are great and worth the money! And as always, you show 100% class!! You gotta love honest, supportive vendors who are here to help us!

Old 01-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Blowby
Road Captain

Thanks for the input Bill. Now with the high level driving the amp I think I need another layer or two of polyfill to knock down the highs even after I modified the gains. Sounds great at speed.

I'll post a before and after with just the polyfill as the only change.

Last edited by Blowby; 01-13-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Bill, I would like to say that I have been satisfied with everything I have purchased form Biketronics. Every support question or other questions for that matter has been answered professionally and politely.

The only reason I am here is to have fun and learn from others. And I refuse to let opinions ruin this.

Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: Kappa 62.11i's to BT 7.1pros