Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help w/Biketronics bt355 install

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 09:25 AM
rattracer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the amp wired in to the red speaker wires on either side of the bike near the speakers, so I just undid the splice on the input side and wired it in there. 20/20 hindsight, it would have been better to get the LL with the harness that plugs in to the stereo, and just bypass the speaker wires between the stereo and my splice.
I took the LL off on Sunday and put everything back together, but the bass still sucks. I took your advice and called BT yesterday. They were very cooperative and offered to replace the LL. I sent it back yesterday, and I offered to pay for the replacement if the original is not defective. They make a great product and stand behind their stuff, we need more people like that. I don't mind paying another $70 if I screwed something up, but that last thing I want is to get another one and have the same thing happen. Sorry for the long post.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by rattracer
I had the amp wired in to the red speaker wires on either side of the bike near the speakers, so I just undid the splice on the input side and wired it in there. 20/20 hindsight, it would have been better to get the LL with the harness that plugs in to the stereo, and just bypass the speaker wires between the stereo and my splice.
Yeah, the four wires coming out of the "Universal" LL connect to the speaker wires leading TO the HU. The "Front Speaker Connector" would have made it plug and play. Then the RCA's from the LL get connected to the Inputs on the amp.
And of course the Outputs connect directly to the speakers.
This is a common problem because the Input and Output plugs are the same on this amp.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:49 PM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Prepping for BT Install any Suggestions

posted in wrong thread.
Bill

Last edited by paid4c4; 02-18-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:32 PM
rattracer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks

Last edited by rattracer; 02-19-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:07 PM
dawghouse3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks man

Originally Posted by Bertk
Yeah, the four wires coming out of the "Universal" LL connect to the speaker wires leading TO the HU. The "Front Speaker Connector" would have made it plug and play. Then the RCA's from the LL get connected to the Inputs on the amp.
And of course the Outputs connect directly to the speakers.
This is a common problem because the Input and Output plugs are the same on this amp.
Your knowledge helped me figure out how to set up my LL and I’m now happy with my Amp and speaker combo : RF PBR300X2 w/ Ininity 6.5 speakers (the BT355 LL sealed the deal)Still tweaking my gain and other settings. Just not100% set on those Thanks again man.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Jpluisi
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default BTT355 and Connecting to RF HD14TKIT

I am looking to upgrade my stock 4.3 boom with adding speakers and an amp. I am leaning towards the RF HD14-TKIT. I have looked at less plug and play applications but modifying pods (Hertz/Focal sound great) and fabricating amp decks is not something I want to start doing. However, I can follow inputs to outputs. That being said, the directions in the wiring of the amp (RF TM400X4AD) seem to indicate cutting the adapter that plugs into the speaker input on the amp and wiring it like you would the speakers. I thought I could just buy an RCA m/f adapter and plug it into the BT355 outputs and then the RCA end of the RF TM400X4AD harness and then keep the plug-n-play speaker input at the other end and plug it right into the amp, no cutting. Am I misunderstanding the amp instructions? Thank you.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:52 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpluisi
I am looking to upgrade my stock 4.3 boom with adding speakers and an amp. I am leaning towards the RF HD14-TKIT. I have looked at less plug and play applications but modifying pods (Hertz/Focal sound great) and fabricating amp decks is not something I want to start doing. However, I can follow inputs to outputs. That being said, the directions in the wiring of the amp (RF TM400X4AD) seem to indicate cutting the adapter that plugs into the speaker input on the amp and wiring it like you would the speakers. I thought I could just buy an RCA m/f adapter and plug it into the BT355 outputs and then the RCA end of the RF TM400X4AD harness and then keep the plug-n-play speaker input at the other end and plug it right into the amp, no cutting. Am I misunderstanding the amp instructions? Thank you.
That kit comes with rca inputs to the amp. You can get the bt355 LL that plug into the radio output to the speakers. a pair of rca cables from the LL to the rca inputs to the amp and taadaa job done. No cutting or splicing. I will also tell you that the front speakers are not the best speaker though.