Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Speaker Selection

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 09:57 PM
sub_squoch
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TVH475
I've got a set of gently used jl c3's or a set of hertz ecx 165's out of my RG I'd make you a deal on! I went to a set of mid drivers & horns!

Edit: Just saw you ordered kappas!
I know this thread is a few months old but I am hoping I still get a response. I am upgrading my '15 SGS audio and am going with Hertz fairing speakers and Diamond Micro 4v2 amp (plan is to add bag speakers next year). I am torn between the Hertz SV165 mid driver w/ Hertz ST25 horn and the Hertz woofer driver and horn (I am only considering a woofer driver in case I don't end up putting in bag speakers, so I still have some low end, and if I do put in bag speakers at least my low end will be better with the woofer driver that it would be with the mid driver). Anyway, I am wondering what mid driver/horn you went with and what your thoughts are of that set up so far (and what amp are you using?)

THX!

Old 01-22-2016, 09:41 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by sub_squoch
I know this thread is a few months old but I am hoping I still get a response. I am upgrading my '15 SGS audio and am going with Hertz fairing speakers and Diamond Micro 4v2 amp (plan is to add bag speakers next year). I am torn between the Hertz SV165 mid driver w/ Hertz ST25 horn and the Hertz woofer driver and horn (I am only considering a woofer driver in case I don't end up putting in bag speakers, so I still have some low end, and if I do put in bag speakers at least my low end will be better with the woofer driver that it would be with the mid driver). Anyway, I am wondering what mid driver/horn you went with and what your thoughts are of that set up so far (and what amp are you using?)

THX!
If you get Hertz woofer, for example a Hertz HSK XL you'll need more power than the Diamond Amp. If you run SPL's the micro4 is perfect.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:48 PM
sub_squoch
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
If you get Hertz woofer, for example a Hertz HSK XL you'll need more power than the Diamond Amp. If you run SPL's the micro4 is perfect.
Yea my guy hasn't got me pricing or details with woofers yet so I am not sure what he is recommending. We did chat about it more today and after I told him I was into rock/metal he suggested not going with woofers. He said the SPL mod drivers with ST25 horns will be louder than the Mille Pros 165.3 components but the Mille Pro components will have a more broad range of frequencies. So I'm torn! I ride in town equally as much as I do at 80 on the highway. Not sure what route to go!