Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install aftermarket amp and speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

This link should work. May have to cut and paste. Will try and figure out how to get the other one off the private restriction.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 11-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Tried it from a pals computer thus should be working. Needs more thump for sure. Setting were 0 for Bass, Treb, and Fade.

T

Old 11-12-2015, 08:27 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

nice bike man.

You can hear some really good "warmth" from the Focals in your bags. My guess is you want hard hitting bass outside of your garage. It's tough to get STUPID loud and have Hard hitting bass out in the open. If you really want to add thump you need speakers inside your bags. Won't hear them on the road, but everyone else will.

If you are happy with how this sounds and just want more bass for some parking lot pimping, add a small amp and some 6X9's inside your bags.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:55 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I'd like to hear what it sounds like out in the open. It sounds pretty good but I did detect a touch of distortion. Of course the acoustics inside a building can play tricks on you too.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 11-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the feedback!!! I know it needs plenty of work and will think hard about the 6x9 bag thumpers inside. Very good idea!! Just at that crossroad of space v noise. Going on an overnight with the boys tonight and want to avoid loading up the tour pack for these short trips if at all possible. Dig the saddle space.

Heading out to the hill county in a hour and will get a noise vid out in the open. Rain stopped and high of 68. Damn nice riding day.

Again, I do appreciate your wisdom and expertise on this audio system stuff!!! I can see that this can be damn addicting and the options can be endless thus I get your passion. Fun shix!!
I'm pregnant with the current system for a while but will absolutely keep my ears and eyes wide open for ways to advance on it. BEFORE I purchase anything I will reach out to you for guidance if you will allow be back in from the J&M dark side.

No more damn throat punches!!!!

Thanks again!!!

T.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:26 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

tailwind, I would like to say it may be inside but there is no doubt it sounds really good so congrats to you and nice bike in a nice and clean garage enjoy your system.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:40 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

no more throat punches! Put up or shut up, and you put up a vid that sounded pretty damn good (and thankfully with some hip hop). Cheap shots will still keep coming though, so don't think you impressed anyone with a vid INSIDE your garage.

For day trips, even weekend trips I take a bag attached to my sissy bar. A 6X9 in the back of the bag, especially with stretched bags leaves plenty of space to pack stuff. A small amp (cerwin B2) or even the new JL audio amp is a bit bigger than the large iPhone. So I figure I do more around town riding, cruising the beach, bike night, day in the Keys, etc. than overnighters. So I want the added volume and thump, and will use the bag once in a while or for trips where I really don't care how hard I'm pimping.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:24 PM
carcruizer1955
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not had good luck with JM. I have a 12 Ultra Classic. Bought the 5.25 for the rear and 7.25 for the front along with a 360 watt Amp. Since I put it in most of the power/sound goes to the throttle side front speaker, so in turn I have blown two speakers for that area. I have taken the bike into the HD dealer and they could not find anything wrong with the radio or controls. Called JM and they said that the "Flash" for the fade that HD would do would not fix the problem. So JM has replaced two 7.25 speakers and one amp all under warranty so far. And no one call tell me how to fix the problem. The fade does not work but JM says that's not the problem.
I wrote a e-mail to JM owner and have not heard back from him as yet. I know that front speaker will blow again. JM was not worth the money for all the trouble!

Old 11-12-2015, 12:27 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by carcruizer1955
I have not had good luck with JM. I have a 12 Ultra Classic. Bought the 5.25 for the rear and 7.25 for the front along with a 360 watt Amp. Since I put it in most of the power/sound goes to the throttle side front speaker, so in turn I have blown two speakers for that area. I have taken the bike into the HD dealer and they could not find anything wrong with the radio or controls. Called JM and they said that the "Flash" for the fade that HD would do would not fix the problem. So JM has replaced two 7.25 speakers and one amp all under warranty so far. And no one call tell me how to fix the problem. The fade does not work but JM says that's not the problem. I wrote a e-mail to JM owner and have not heard back from him as yet. I know that front speaker will blow again. JM was not worth the money for all the trouble!
Did the replacement items work correctly when you installed them or did it do the same as it was doing before?

2010 Limited with some stuff

Quick Reply: Install aftermarket amp and speakers