Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install aftermarket amp and speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 06:17 PM
hog indo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you'll take your time, willing to spend the time to read the instruction (whether from the manual or proven reliable sources like Gann, AAWAV, Haze, Ultra, etc) and own basic tools (and knows how to use it), I'd say do the installation yourself.

I just did my own mild audio set up/installation this past two days and VERY HAPPY with the result. And the fact that I did the "installation" myself, it felt even better. I will share in the next couple of days of what I did.

Trust me.., if I can do it, YOU can do it!

Old 11-10-2015, 12:20 PM
gettomedic
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all that replied to my post. Sounds like good advice on do it yourself . I will give a try as it sounds like a good weekend project over winter time.
I will definetly look into plug and play as that seems to be the best way to go for DIY.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:32 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I disagree,, I spent many hours researching, and came up with my system MAINLY based on the info I received here from the main Guru's,, and others who frequent it. Click my sig link to hear mine.. and I have not got the line levelers on with that one, will order soon.
Originally Posted by Tailwind
Haze,
It's all good and thanks for the post. Been lurking on this Forum for over a year now and find it to be extremely useful, but lets not forget that it is still just a Forum. I could spend endless hours viewing the Audio posts and never really confidently come up with a component solution for my ride based on an inter-web forum. A handshake, cranking the actual product up, touching it, pricing it, installing it, etc... all comes into play for each Forum viewer. The set up I installed works perfect for my decision matrix, but since my cycles will never ever be completed projects, I am certain that I will continue to appreciate all of the viewpoints that are shared here. Thanks!!!!!

Getting back on point, Gettomedic, for the 2014 SGS it is pretty damn critical that you purchase plug and play if you want to conduct the install yourself efficiently with limited audio experience. The sky is the limit if you want a pro to conduct the install. As for the inner fairing, no need to remove it for fairing speaker install if you have the right tool, i.e. get the right tool and it will save tons of time and energy. As for the amp and speakers, as you can see it is very subjective and all about your individual situation. Take your time and touch and hear the components before purchasing and installing as the perfect sound for some is like nails on a chalk board for others.

Ride Safe all, and thanks very much for the very valuable input regarding all of these HD Topics!!!!!!

T.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Guys, it's all good info and very helpful for ideas and leads so don't get me wrong. It is indeed appreciated. The fact remains that this is an anonymous chat room. If I don't touch, hear, verify price and installation protocols, etc.... I am not pulling the trigger. It's called due diligence involving the sand box that defines my situation, thus I hope no one makes any personal financial decision based solely on anonymous chat room recommendations. I hope you guys don't hang out on the Stock Pick anonymous chat room!!!!!
J&M did an excellent job in every possible way regarding my purchase and the product very much suits my needs. They rolled out the red carpet and made this install as basic as it gets and it meets my bang for the buck expectations. I rolled into a Rally and within minutes they made some voluntary minor adjustments to my system based on my set up and listening desires free of charge. Moving down the road to my next project, the exhaust system.
I know some of you guys have some personal issues regarding JM John and such issues have led these guys to throw me under the fuxxing bus for my purchase. What if I buy a tire they don't like, are they gonna hope that fuxxing thing blows up too! Nuff said.
T.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:35 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

We are so thrilled that you are happy with your JM Audio. That being said....move along and quit stirring the pot.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 11-10-2015, 10:42 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Tail...

Have you ever gone on vacation. I’ve traveled the world mainly on Tripadvisor reviews on where to stay. Never touched, or tasted the the hotel, restaurant ect until after I had booked. And guess what just like here, no one was trying to sell me anything. Have you ever gone to a restaurant for the first time and looked up the reviews?

Like I said it goes far beyond the personal issues that we had with JM that you have no clue to comment on, so please don’t because this is not about a stupid tire. The real issues is that not everyone on this forum can drop 1000.00 plus on a system. The guy who established this forum Ultranutz said it great one time when he said there’s guys who’s bike is their prized possession and they save from multiple paychecks just to add some pipes, adding speakers and amp is another save up process and we try to guide those guys because many of the folks here have spent their money on overpriced crap to realize that for half of what they spent they could have something better. So when someone like yourself who has very limited experience to compare this set up and says it’s great ---- we are hear to raise the flag and say - No it’s not. It’s overpriced crap. Have you had any other set ups on your bike? The word “loud” is a relative term. I say post a vid, show off your system and lets see how it sounds compared to Jim’s or Scott14SG's.

Now, you do realize if you take the badge off your amp it’s an Arc Audio 125.4. That amp was the hottest thing on this forum in 2008 when a guy named Firecap was selling them on here.

Again if you like it and have the money to blow. Ride safe and enjoy it. We’re trying to save the next guy from the same mistake. Do a search on this forum for Hogtunes and J&M and read some reviews. Then look up some reviews for Ultranutz or Gannicus and see how many people have EVER posted those guys are full of it and provided bad advice. I’m willing to bet a months salary its 100% positive every time for UN and Gann and not so flattering for the other two.

Last edited by haze324; 11-10-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

To quote the principal in Billy Madison, "Tailwind what you have posted here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. In your rambling incoherent response where you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for reading it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul"! LMAO!! If you been lurking on this forum for a year and "haven't been able to come up with a component solution for my ride" then I can only say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" lol.. Enjoy your over priced JM...Arc(amp)...Chinese stamped (speakers)... crap! Could this be... "quacks like a duck"....mmm I'm not saying, I'm just saying?

Last edited by Moto Mike; 11-10-2015 at 11:58 PM. Reason: changed
Old 11-11-2015, 02:28 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Guys, it's all good info and very helpful for ideas and leads so don't get me wrong. It is indeed appreciated. The fact remains that this is an anonymous chat room.
Anonymous? I've spoke with most of these guys on the phone, email, text and even met a few in person. Nothing anonymous about these guys. Trust me.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:34 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

The disclaimer is that I don't know shix about this audio stuff other that my own ears, and walking the install walk, so take it all with a grain of salt. T.
This is the only statement in any of your posts that speaks any truth. And the fact that you can come here and question someone's intelligence is baffling to me. You've been "lurking" here for a year and you still bought overpriced rebadged garbage so that doesn't speak well for your intelligence. In the end it's your money and if your happy with it then that's all that matters. When your ready to upgrade come back to see us. We'll be glad to help you put together a QUALITY audio system.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 11-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Dude, double down on your meds!!!! It's an anonymous chat room involving some things that you can hear music coming out of. Next week someone else will come up with another thing that music comes out of, and the next week, and the next week...... If this little chat thing is your life, I did not mean to rock your world by spending MY money the way I did. Sorry man, it won't happen again.
When you get the meds dialed in, come on over to the anonymous Stock Pick chat room and I will hook you up.
T.

Quick Reply: Install aftermarket amp and speakers