Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kappa 62.11i Surronds torn apart

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 09:33 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Agree, this forum rocks and roll baby.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:46 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,637 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Where the speakers installed inside or outside the pods?

It would be nice if they replace mine also.
They were outside the pods. I had the (reshaped) BOOM grills and they were obviously rubbing. Problem is you can't see it when they're installed. It might be wise to install without the grills & check the areas in question for anyone doing a new install.

It took Harman about 6 weeks I think for replacement, but I was warned right up front they were out of stock at the time. I was only asked what the problem was, not what caused it.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 11-06-2015, 01:41 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Where the speakers installed inside or outside the pods?

Last year they were inside. Then this spring I put them on the outside like stock as a test. I though they sounded MUCH better on the outside so I left them there and installed the V Twin grills for tweeter clearance. I didn't noticed they were damaged until I swapped my PBR for a CV and I was tuning the amp I could hear vibration and see light thru the grill. I was pretty vague with Harmon about my issue as to not raise any red flags..luckily I still had all my paperwork. Sent them a few pictures and a few days later they sent me a prepaid packing slip.

By the way...my BT 7.1's and brackets will be here next week

Old 11-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
They were outside the pods. I had the (reshaped) BOOM grills and they were obviously rubbing. Problem is you can't see it when they're installed. It might be wise to install without the grills & check the areas in question for anyone doing a new install.
This is the same setup as I had. Anyone doing a new install should avoid this combination. The best advise is to use the Biketronics speaker brackets and do away with the pod all together. The BT brackets already have holes drilled for standard 6.5" speakers such as the Kappa's. Or better yet, go with the BT 7.1s, brackets, and Line levelers for the 2014+ batwing fairings.

It took Harman about 6 weeks I think for replacement, but I was warned right up front they were out of stock at the time. I was only asked what the problem was, not what caused it.
I emailed Harman last night and by early afternoon today I had a return shipping label. Now there's great service for you.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD_Doobie
Last year they were inside. Then this spring I put them on the outside like stock as a test. I though they sounded MUCH better on the outside so I left them there and installed the V Twin grills for tweeter clearance. I didn't noticed they were damaged until I swapped my PBR for a CV and I was tuning the amp I could hear vibration and see light thru the grill.
My hearing $ucks and with the SS 520D Amp I couldn't really hear that big a difference.

I was pretty vague with Harmon about my issue as to not raise any red flags..luckily I still had all my paperwork. Sent them a few pictures and a few days later they sent me a prepaid packing slip.
I just told them that the surrond was detached from the frame. They sent me a return label.

By the way...my BT 7.1's and brackets will be here next week
Got mine today. Will be installing them tomorrow.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:53 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

My hearing $ucks and with the SS 520D Amp I couldn't really hear that big a difference. I just told them that the surrond was detached from the frame. They sent me a return label. Got mine today. Will be installing them tomorrow.
Are you using a different amp to drive the BT7.1's?

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Are you using a different amp to drive the BT7.1's?
Not yet, but I have a feeling I know what you're going to say...

Old 11-06-2015, 09:06 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Not yet, but I have a feeling I know what you're going to say...
Just curious as to how well that amp will push them is all. You and I both know they need more power but it may come out ok.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Just curious as to how well that amp will push them is all. You and I both know they need more power but it may come out ok.
I'll give it a try. If I'm not satisfied I'm thinking of the Soundstream PN4.1000D. What do you think?
The BT amp is a bit more than I want to spend right now.

I do have J&M Amp mount to install tomorrow. So swapping out the amp should be painless.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:23 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

I'll give it a try. If I'm not satisfied I'm thinking of the Soundstream PN4.1000D. What do you think? The BT amp is a bit more than I want to spend right now. I do have J&M Amp mount to install tomorrow. So swapping out the amp should be painless.
The pn4.1000 will definitely do the trick.

Quick Reply: Kappa 62.11i Surronds torn apart