Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one of my kickers blew

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 09:20 AM
UltraClassicWNY
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default one of my kickers blew

So I received my BT 7.1's and over the weekend installed them. Put everything back together and was jamming out for a few minutes when I thought I heard one of my 41KSC674 kickers sounding terrible. I turned it down and sure enough, I think the tweeter blew? No rips, Just real scratchy sounding and no volume to it. Because the weather is looking good this week and I didn't want to wait to send them back for an exchange I went to Best buy and picked up a pair of 6.5 Pioneer's. They were only 65.00, fit right in and used they used the same mounting holes as stock. They are 3-way speakers and sound great. You can really hear the low end as these woofers move pretty good. I am planning on returning the Kickers instead of exchanging them, these things sound great. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by UltraClassicWNY; 11-02-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:21 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Man that sucks. Same thing happened to a friend running that amp with a set of Hybrid mirus speakers ..... Not cheap! We used those exact same speakers in his lowers and settled with a set of AB's. The pioneers weren't bad for 65 bucks the had good bass but distorted at loud volume. I'd probably turn down the gains a tad on your amp to make sure your good. In that rear position on the hwy it's tough to hear distortion at 80mph and the result is blown speakers. Hey if they work and you like them...run them! Just don't blow them

Old 11-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Man that sucks. Same thing happened to a friend running that amp with a set of Hybrid mirus speakers ..... Not cheap! We used those exact same speakers in his lowers and settled with a set of AB's. The pioneers weren't bad for 65 bucks the had good bass but distorted at loud volume. I'd probably turn down the gains a tad on your amp to make sure your good. In that rear position on the hwy it's tough to hear distortion at 80mph and the result is blown speakers. Hey if they work and you like them...run them! Just don't blow them
LOL. . . Those pioneers are a beast in that location. Been there done that. But as haze said you might want to turn the gains down a hair on those speakers. And OH YEAH Haze they work and they are pretty durable speakers as well. I got a set on my shelf if anybody wants to try em in the rear pods.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:00 AM
UltraClassicWNY
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the input .... I wanted to make sure I was heading in the right direction. We have 3 days of beautiful weather here (Niagara Falls area) so I'm cruising and jamming. I will turn the gain down a tad and keep my fingers crossed. So far so good, They do sound great. Looks like Gannicus has a pair up for grabs.