Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Amp($400 installed) to pair with my boom speakers... BOOTH AT LONESTAR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 08:56 AM
salty_rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for Amp($400 installed) to pair with my boom speakers... BOOTH AT LONESTAR?

I've searched and read about it till I'm blue in the face but I still in confused about most of it. Too many numbers and things to follow with all the different brands. Trying to make this as simple as possible I want to get an amp installed on my 2009 street glide at the Lone Star rally next week. wanted to know if anyone knows what would be an easy amp to find out the distributors that will be at the rally and willpower my boom speakers a lot better than they are with stock Harman Kardon output but not breaking the bank. Have no idea what they would charge for install but I don't want to pay more than $400 for the amp installed. If I got away with less that would be even better. No I don't want to change the boom speakers and I know they're not the best but with my budget it's better to add an amp for now to get the desired results. it's a possibility I would add saddlebag speakers later on down the road.. But I'm not positive yet. So suggestions both 2 or 4 channel that would power boom with stock head unit for reasonable price and could be found plus installed at Lonestar? Don't need the best of the best because I know boom speakers can't handle the best amp and I don't want to spend the money... but something I can maximize the potential with my boom speakers pair

Old 10-29-2015, 09:07 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

The consensus is going to be if you get any amp that's worth a damn it's gonna blow those crappy boom speakers. For 400.00 you could buy a 4 channel amp and decent speakers and still have money left over.

Speakers - Infinity Kappa - 119.00
Amp - RZ4.1000D - 100.00
5.25 to 6.5 adaptors - 25.00
Amp wiring kit - 15.00
Polyfill - 10.00

That's 270.00 and leaves you 2 extra channels for bag speakers. I'd ask a local shop if they'd install that for 130-150. That wouldn't take me more than 2-3 hours tops.

That's

Old 10-29-2015, 11:52 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
The consensus is going to be if you get any amp that's worth a damn it's gonna blow those crappy boom speakers. For 400.00 you could buy a 4 channel amp and decent speakers and still have money left over.

Speakers - Infinity Kappa - 119.00
Amp - RZ4.1000D - 100.00
5.25 to 6.5 adaptors - 25.00
Amp wiring kit - 15.00
Polyfill - 10.00

That's 270.00 and leaves you 2 extra channels for bag speakers. I'd ask a local shop if they'd install that for 130-150. That wouldn't take me more than 2-3 hours tops.

That's
+1 - install takes 2-3 hours max. easy to do it yourself, there is no science to it.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:28 PM
salty_rider
Tourer

That sounds good but I have no idea what kit or where any of that is online so I can get all of it needed. Obviously speakers and amp I can look up by your info and find somewhere. Specific kit for the wiring and mounts and stuff? Polyfill?? Just want to know if I buy stuff today when it gets here for install I have everything needed to complete job. I have only changed speakers myself and all I bought was speakers. Done more work to my bike mechanically than the average person but electronics and wiring crap is my nemesis.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:38 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by salty_rider
That sounds good but I have no idea what kit or where any of that is online so I can get all of it needed. Obviously speakers and amp I can look up by your info and find somewhere. Specific kit for the wiring and mounts and stuff? Polyfill?? Just want to know if I buy stuff today when it gets here for install I have everything needed to complete job. I have only changed speakers myself and all I bought was speakers. Done more work to my bike mechanically than the average person but electronics and wiring crap is my nemesis.
polyfill

@ W-mart....

powerline:
http://www.amazon.com/BOSS-AUDIO-KIT10-Performance-Interconnect/dp/B0002VM8RU/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1446147067&sr=8-16&keywords=boss+amplifier+power http://www.amazon.com/BOSS-AUDIO-KIT10-Performance-Interconnect/dp/B0002VM8RU/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1446147067&sr=8-16&keywords=boss+amplifier+power

speakers:
http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-62-11I-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B009GHQX5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446147139&sr=8-1&keywords=infinity+kappa+62.11i http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-62-11I-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B009GHQX5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446147139&sr=8-1&keywords=infinity+kappa+62.11i

speaker adapters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEAKER-ADAP...FV11-B&vxp=mtr

better speaker is the BT7.1 (Biketronics - comes with speaker ring), but need different amp for those IMO (more power)

amp: Haze made a typo, it is Power Acoustik RZ4-2000D or (BETTER) the Acoustik RZ4-3000D or Soundstream PN4.1000D (all to be found on ebay or amazon or known car audio online shops like onlinecarstereo or crutchfield or ..... to name a few (~105 for the first one 150-ish for the latter 2)

Old 10-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Doni Seaton
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ken

Ken,

give me a call 832-746-3060

Old 10-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

I've searched and read about it till I'm blue in the face but I still in confused about most of it. Too many numbers and things to follow with all the different brands. Trying to make this as simple as possible I want to get an amp installed on my 2009 street glide at the Lone Star rally next week. wanted to know if anyone knows what would be an easy amp to find out the distributors that will be at the rally and willpower my boom speakers a lot better than they are with stock Harman Kardon output but not breaking the bank. Have no idea what they would charge for install but I don't want to pay more than $400 for the amp installed. If I got away with less that would be even better. No I don't want to change the boom speakers and I know they're not the best but with my budget it's better to add an amp for now to get the desired results. it's a possibility I would add saddlebag speakers later on down the road.. But I'm not positive yet. So suggestions both 2 or 4 channel that would power boom with stock head unit for reasonable price and could be found plus installed at Lonestar? Don't need the best of the best because I know boom speakers can't handle the best amp and I don't want to spend the money... but something I can maximize the potential with my boom speakers pair
You would be money ahead to follow my friends HAZE and AAWAV's advice. Both those guys know their s**t. But if you must run the Booms. Here's a cheap little amp that will suit your needs, although I highly recommend you take the aforementioned advice.

Amazon.com : Soundstream ultra compact, super slim, extra very shallow motorcycle /car/truck 1000 watts 4 channel class D power amplifier ST4.1000D DIMENSIONS- 3''W X 6''L X 1 1/2''H : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Soundstream ultra compact, super slim, extra very shallow motorcycle /car/truck 1000 watts 4 channel class D power amplifier ST4.1000D DIMENSIONS- 3''W X 6''L X 1 1/2''H : Car Electronics

Old 10-29-2015, 04:13 PM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

If I were nearby, I would charge you a beer....okay, a few beers. Its pretty easy to do, take your time and search youtube. Good luck.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 PM
salty_rider
Tourer

I appreciate the input and help from everyone. A little confused on why one amp will work for boom speakers as suggested by one of you and the other will only work with the Kappa speakers. They both run $100. Are they interchangeable for boom speakers or the Kappas or is one better suited for one or the other based on output and type of speaker? i know im not the best with electrical so bare with me

Old 10-29-2015, 10:05 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

I appreciate the input and help from everyone. A little confused on why one amp will work for boom speakers as suggested by one of you and the other will only work with the Kappa speakers. They both run $100. Are they interchangeable for boom speakers or the Kappas or is one better suited for one or the other based on output and type of speaker? i know im not the best with electrical so bare with me
The Kappas can take well over 100w and sound fantastic. The RZ4.2000D puts out about 140w to those speakers.

The other amp, regardless of the specs is probably pushing around 50-60w which is suitable power for the boom soeakers. I think the boom amp puts out about 45w.

So that why our advice is, if your gonna spend 400.00 you can get yourself a pretty damn good set up on that budget! Ditch the Boom stuff. If you took the fairing off then you can do the install...I'm certain of it. We'll help u on connecting which wires.

Only caveat is that the majority of amps that we can use on our bike will cause some loss of FM reception. There are very few that don't and either they are marginal and well priced, or they're very expensive. Do u listen to a lot of FM?

Quick Reply: Looking for Amp($400 installed) to pair with my boom speakers... BOOTH AT LONESTAR?