Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Amp($400 installed) to pair with my boom speakers... BOOTH AT LONESTAR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 05:07 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

Save yourself the booth money.. It's really easy to do the job yourself..however I've had the pbr, RZ42000D and cerwin b2..the cerwin is by far superior to both of them..

Last edited by decencyxdefied; 10-30-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:52 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm in Pasadena and wouldn't mind assisting if we could coincide our schedules. One thing though, as mentioned above a Class D amp will likely kill your FM so you'll need an alternate source for your music. Something you can play through the aux input, or a CD.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:41 PM
salty_rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man you guys are all awesome. Great suggestions.

I'm going to pull the trigger on those Kappa speakers and one of the suggested amps along with the wiring kit, adapters, and polyfill. that's everything I need... Speakers, amp, wiring kit, adapters, polyfill? AAWAV has links for the speaker adapters, Kappa speakers, wiring kit. Polyfill at Walmart I can pick up. So to work with the Kappa speakers and only being $100 would be Power Acoustik RZ4-2000D be best fitting? I'll assume I can find that amp on Amazon as well.

yes Ive taken the fairing apart more times than I can count. inner and outer. like I stated before I do the majority of the work on my bike myself. Besides internal engine and transmission work. so taking apart the fairing and swapping out the speakers I can do with my eyes closed. The issue is hooking up the amp and knowing where all the wiring goes plus setting gain and anything else that must be done I don't have a clue. Just plain John... im ordering the stuff this evening to pay to have it delivered Monday. Let me know when you can be free I'm self employed so my schedule is extremely flexible. I will pull apart the outer fairing and put in the Kappas and if you could swing by to show me how to get this amp set up like it should be that would be amazing. Your serious help!

not concerned about FM. Used to use it a lot but a bunch of crap on the radio so now I use some sort of axillary device.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:28 PM
salty_rider
Tourer

Also anyone know where I can get the rz4-2000d with 2 day shipping? Can't fine anywhere without standard shipping to receive 4-5 days. Want this installed by next Thursday if all goes well

Old 10-31-2015, 06:46 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

There's 2 Best Buy stores near Baybrook Mall, and Best Buy carries the 2000D. Get on the phone and call them up, maybe one has it in stock or tell you if another store does, advertised at $109. You can call or text me at 713 614 3967.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:47 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

You're going to need some heavy duty velcro too, I got mine at the local hardware store.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:49 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Another thing, what about your hand controls? I use the Biketronics unit myself, but it's kinda pricey.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:51 AM
z71_fourwheelin
Road Captain

He's not changing out his HU so no need.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:53 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Easy peasy Japaneezy then

Old 10-31-2015, 08:41 AM
salty_rider
Tourer

oh yeah velcro forgot about that. Yeah I called Best Buy and they are out of stock everywhere local. Walmart doesn't carry them in stock. EBay and Amazon both have them but say they will have it arrive between November 6 and 10 but I don't want to wait that long and none will give you the option to overnight. Willing to pay the extra 30-40 bucks to get it overnighted but nobody seems to want to get it to me. After you guys suggested the power acoustics rz4 2000 D I read some other posts about it and I'm definitely sold on it for only a hundred bucks. Just need to find someone that actually wants to sell it to me haha. Guess that's my job for the day before I have to do Halloween stuff with the kids. also have to find that speaker ring adapter locally or somewhere they will overnight it because eBay is also saying I can't get it as quick as I want.

Quick Reply: Looking for Amp($400 installed) to pair with my boom speakers... BOOTH AT LONESTAR?