Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much sound can be had from lid speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 211 Likes on 127 Posts

I also was looking into getting the lids but I think I'll get my 21" first

Old 10-29-2015, 05:11 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry I talked you guys out of them! LOL,, but like I said above, I put them in thinking they'd be a plus for her,, maybe my ARC Motos just over power them? Also I have no Fader option that works right now,, can't wait for BT to get their "Fix" on the market for us guys with systems already installed!

Old 10-29-2015, 05:27 AM
nick4737
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
Sorry I talked you guys out of them! LOL,, but like I said above, I put them in thinking they'd be a plus for her,, maybe my ARC Motos just over power them? Also I have no Fader option that works right now,, can't wait for BT to get their "Fix" on the market for us guys with systems already installed!
Their line leveler is on their website so I think it's available right now

Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 AM
TVH475
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to get the voodoo lids with the jl 8.8's, I'm hoping the way the speakers are angled forward a bit will help with sound at speed! Anyone have experience with these?

Old 10-29-2015, 05:32 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

The 5x7's are angled forward in the lids too, which helps alot I'm sure...

Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I was seriously debating lid speakers and extended bags but I am going to invest on the front lower fairing speaker pods first. The speaker lids are for show purposes or when you're hanging out having the bike parked and you want to be heard but at 70+ speeds, hmmmmmm......? I am going to invest on other goodies first, but then again I have the bug for those lid speakers....

Old 10-29-2015, 07:20 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TVH475
I'm planning to get the voodoo lids with the jl 8.8's, I'm hoping the way the speakers are angled forward a bit will help with sound at speed! Anyone have experience with these?
Voodoo lids??? Never heard of them, I know that V Twin Audio modifies your lids to accept speakers and they are angled forward, towards the driver and not away from him... Links to this so called "voodoo lids?"

Old 10-29-2015, 07:30 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
Voodoo lids??? Never heard of them, I know that V Twin Audio modifies your lids to accept speakers and they are angled forward, towards the driver and not away from him... Links to this so called "voodoo lids?"
There's a few companies that make lids to fit 8.8's and 7.7 speakers. Voo Doo Bikeworks is one, Speed By Design is another one that comes to mind.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:30 PM
starbiker99
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup this is exactly what I am thinking. I hadn't even thought about lowers previously. Now I think I will get a set painted to match then I'll have 4 bad *** speakers up front. Guessing in the end I will have at least 6 but I will start with the 4 up front. What lowers are you looking at? I am just starting to look.

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
I was seriously debating lid speakers and extended bags but I am going to invest on the front lower fairing speaker pods first. The speaker lids are for show purposes or when you're hanging out having the bike parked and you want to be heard but at 70+ speeds, hmmmmmm......? I am going to invest on other goodies first, but then again I have the bug for those lid speakers....

Old 10-30-2015, 07:15 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by starbiker99
Yup this is exactly what I am thinking. I hadn't even thought about lowers previously. Now I think I will get a set painted to match then I'll have 4 bad *** speakers up front. Guessing in the end I will have at least 6 but I will start with the 4 up front. What lowers are you looking at? I am just starting to look.
If you're going to get them painted anyway I'd try to find a used pair of HD lowers. My bike is black, so I used a set of Mutazu lowers that came with pods and were prepainted. Fit and finish was good and I like them a lot. You can get them in primer as well, but if you can get used HD's for the same price I would. It's my belief that all the aftermarket ebay lowers come from the same manufacturer, regardless of the price asked. IIRC, I paid about $200 for mine, complete with laughable "pro" speakers and grills that went straight into the trash.

Quick Reply: How much sound can be had from lid speakers