Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 ultra stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:09 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by 15ElectraGlide
You guys are asswipes. Nevermind. What a bunch of dick wads. Thanks jester ur not included in the above statement I can't believe how rude u are here. Lucky I'm not an admin.
I think they had you pegged as a poser. Long story. There are available kits for single din setups as well as thumb control interface for aftermarket radios for your year bike. Give Bill a call at Biketronics and I feel certain he can steer you in the right direction. Don't think anyone has released a double din setup just yet.

Edit: I see Jester pretty much told you the same.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 10-27-2015, 07:13 PM
jester0618
Road Captain

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I just want to know if anyone else has added a different head unit. I'm concerned about fit. I want it to look stock and still have the thumb controls work. To me harley head units are garbage. Just didn't know if anyone had had this adventure yet and tell me what they used. Metra also st of the adapters for the faceplate on car audio just know squat about this setup.
I used the metra kit. Sadly, my inner fairing is matte black but the metra stuff is vivid black. Not too bad but looks non stock that way. I do like having a sony instead of the HD boom and I have hand controls. I haven't had it on the road as I'm doing an amp and speaker upgrade next week. Here is a pic of the kit installed

as for the others here, several have been burned and bugged by a guy selling jm audio. He keeps creating new profiles hence their skepticism with any one new.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:20 PM
15ElectraGlide
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks sbates and jester I'll look in the direction you mentioned.
I'm not sure about the poser thing. I'm not a hells angel but I love riding. Been riding a long time. Just didn't know about the electronics part never had them. I have had lots of car audio and they dominate the harley head unit. What I don't like is can I turn off the splash screen wanting me to except before the screen does anything, seems like a long time.
Only had this bike since july 29. Before that I bought a road king in 07, had 68000 miles on it when I traded it in.

2015 ultra.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:56 AM
jester0618
Road Captain

Minor update, I'm removing the metra kit. Either the wiring drained my battery or the deck did. The sony was refurbed so not taking chances. Both going back. Once the refunds process, I'll order the BT kit from Bill. A little more but BT has been pretty darned proven in the past.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I will just add that the bt kit works and is painless to install, after having this apart I don't think there will ever be a double din kit in less you want new aftermarket fairing just not enough room from triple tree to available front opening. I would hold off for the winter and see what comes out

Old 10-28-2015, 03:24 PM
hagwood615
Intermediate

I have a metra kit got it when they first came out never had a problem with mine draining the battery. Now mine truck had a bad radio that was draing mine battery maybe that is your problem.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:59 PM
jester0618
Road Captain

Might be, but I heard on here at least 2 that had drainage issues. Called Metra, denied knowing anything, but I was on the phone with them too many times and kept reminding them it's a 2014, not a 2013. Just not a good feeling. Talking with Bill, he told me he has a metra kit that does drain a battery. Something about sending a signal to the canbus from the radio, but sends the signal even after ignition is off. It's worth a shot to try BT. Everything else has been great.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:05 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Lol

You guys are asswipes. Nevermind. What a bunch of dick wads.
Thanks jester ur not included in the above statement I can't believe how rude u are here. Lucky I'm not an admin.
That is funny, cursing them out, got a chuckle out of it... Seriously, Plenty of options to change HU for your year bike.....Always do a search mode and read passed threads/posts......a member had asked or researched this topic before and gave there reviews or comments. Good luck and glad your not a Admin.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:38 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I just want to know if anyone else has added a different head unit. I'm concerned about fit. I want it to look stock and still have the thumb controls work. To me harley head units are garbage. Just didn't know if anyone had had this adventure yet and tell me what they used. Metra also st of the adapters for the faceplate on car audio just know squat about this setup.
The new Head Units are better than the Harmon Kardon they used for so long, Nav works fine for me, who needs BT to their headset? Do you want to talk on the phone while riding? HELL,, I RIDE TO GET AWAY from everyone! Do NOT need to answer the phone while out on my Harley. I check when I fuel or stop, it it was important then I call.
The flash at the beginning is the radio "Booting" up,, like ANY electronics that has software in it does. It's a computer basically. Usually mine is done long before I get my helmet and gloves on, I start the bike soon as I walk up to it when I leave. Then get my gear on.

You sounded like a troll sir, if you're not, I'm sure many will appologise, too many threads on here knocking the new Rushmore's to pieces by people who don't even own one. You got some good leads here, if you want to change out your 1800 dollar radio for a 300 dollar one, go for it!

Old 11-01-2015, 07:27 AM
15ElectraGlide
4th Gear

Our road crew for our club uses blue tooth for intercom with the group. Some of the new intercom head sets allow up to 14 people to communicate, as well as answering the phone and listening to music via ear buds Anyone that thinks that harley head units are quality don't know jack. In a world where most.morons can't get past facebook when online should be more appreciative of new members, not call them trolls and posers when I was legitamitely asking questions. Thanks for the responses to the ones not being disrespectful I appreciate your knowledge. The rest can suck the dingle berries out of my *** hairs. Also harley head units are junk, they are along the same line as kraco or audiovox crap. Nobody said I was buying a 300.00 unit moron.

Quick Reply: 2015 ultra stereo upgrade