Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio questions!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:47 AM
NormanAbsher
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio questions!

Just recently got my self a 2012 Street Glide. I am in love! The previous owner did the rear bag lids w/speakers! Going in to winter I'm thinking about doing a little audio update on her.. So my question. Can I just simply buy speakers designed for a car and install? Or do I need a marine style for the water proofing.. Anyone have anything they would like to show off and recommend? Anyone using an amp? If love to pick your brains if possible.. I don't need something to shake a neighborhood or anything I just wanna be able to hear it with my full face on and riding at 70-80!

Thanks in advance guys!

Norm

I'm sure this has all been asked a million times so please don't tear me apart for asking!

Old 09-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by NormanAbsher
Just recently got my self a 2012 Street Glide. I am in love! The previous owner did the rear bag lids w/speakers! Going in to winter I'm thinking about doing a little audio update on her.. So my question. Can I just simply buy speakers designed for a car and install? Or do I need a marine style for the water proofing.. Anyone have anything they would like to show off and recommend? Anyone using an amp? If love to pick your brains if possible.. I don't need something to shake a neighborhood or anything I just wanna be able to hear it with my full face on and riding at 70-80!

Thanks in advance guys!

Norm

I'm sure this has all been asked a million times so please don't tear me apart for asking!
What speakers are in there now Norm? Fairing and Lids?

Old 09-21-2015, 01:45 PM
tdgriff
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BT is the way to go . I have installed alot of BT stuff and all my guys love them .

Old 09-21-2015, 05:53 PM
NormanAbsher
Novice

I'm not 100% the lid speakers.. Seems like the "stock" Harley one out of the catalog.. They sound ok but they arnt super clear.. I'll take some pics when I get home!

Old 09-23-2015, 10:19 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

OP: provide some more info. like ESPECIALLY your budget...
we're here to help you get the best sound within your budget.
and it needs to "shake" to be able to hear clearly at 80 on the HW... LOL
esp. with full face helmet

Old 09-23-2015, 04:16 PM
NormanAbsher
Novice

I can hear my music at 80 with a full face.. Just want a bit more volume. I am probably going biketronics.. May go Memphis since a bigger buddy is Now a distributor for them and uses them on his bike.. I just wanted to get a pathway paved as to where I should look. Budget isnt a huge deal it'll be a winter project I'll buy as needed but I think I know as to what I'm doing and what direction I'll head! Thanks for all the help guys!