Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer flash confusion

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:33 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Dealer flash confusion

I lost front to back fader, but i only have fairing speakers for now. Debating throwing some lids in next year, just not sure how much it will improve the sound at speed (40-65mph)

Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Scott14SG
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

matt76cmich- I just put speaker lids on. On roads in town with minimal traffic I can hear my rears up to about 50, if I lean back slightly and have the sound up high. On the highway, forget it, you won't hear the rears. My fairing speakers are another matter, they are great even up to 80+ and would have been fine by themselves, I added the rears partially because I wanted the Bad Dad LED lids.

I recently rode with a guy who had speakers in his lowers, we were going through downtown Atlanta, I could hear his music loud and clear and we were cruising about 70 or so. I think haze and Gannicus would probably recommend lowers over rears.

Just checked my file, I have 16_off.bin and have front and rear speakers, "Fade" shows up but doesn't work. At least as far as I can tell with the hand controls, however check out these 2 pictures I just took. The FADE setting is different, it changed after I turned the bike/radio off then back on, strange.

Attached Thumbnails Dealer flash confusion-fade-1.jpg   Dealer flash confusion-fade-2.jpg  

Last edited by Scott14SG; 09-11-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott14SG
matt76cmich- I just put speaker lids on. On roads in town with minimal traffic I can hear my rears up to about 50, if I lean back slightly and have the sound up high. On the highway, forget it, you won't hear the rears. My fairing speakers are another matter, they are great even up to 80+ and would have been fine by themselves, I added the rears partially because I wanted the Bad Dad LED lids.

I recently rode with a guy who had speakers in his lowers, we were going through downtown Atlanta, I could hear his music loud and clear and we were cruising about 70 or so. I think haze and Gannicus would probably recommend lowers over rears.
Yes Sir Scott! Most of the music you hear is going to come from the front of the bike. However, With the proper 6x9's and the proper amp you will hear the 6x9's at speed. The amp needs to be pushing at least 150 watts and the sensitivity of the speakers needs to be around 93-96 ish. I can hear my 6x9's at 70MPH. 90MPH. No. LOL!!

Old 09-12-2015, 05:14 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I lost front to back fader, but i only have fairing speakers for now. Debating throwing some lids in next year, just not sure how much it will improve the sound at speed (40-65mph)
UNLESS you are super SHORT,, and sit way forward, it improves the sound immensely, I can most definitely hear my bag lid speakers going down the road, REALLY well at 40 or in town speeds,,and I can hear them on the highway at 70... and above. the CVO lids face the speaker up and forward, not sure what the aftermarket lids do, I've seen pictures of some where they fire straight up,, those may not work well.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:19 AM
Scott14SG
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

I guess I should have said in my earlier post that my hearing may not be as good as others, thanks to the freaks who play with explosives I'll agree with JimTJr, it is a good improvement (I just can't really hear mine on the highway). I have aftermarket lids, they point the same as the HD ones.

On another note, I updated my software to 1.19.1 the other day, had the dealer check it and it didn't affect the flash (BT option 2). My fader is now working, although a bit screwy it does seem to work. You have to hit the button (left or right) the number of times you want it to move, turn the bike off and back on, then you'll see the adjustment. Mine was previously stuck way towards the front, now I have a better amount of rear sound so I'll go re-evaluate on the highway

Old 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Dealer flash confusion

Originally Posted by JimTJr
UNLESS you are super SHORT,, and sit way forward, it improves the sound immensely, I can most definitely hear my bag lid speakers going down the road, REALLY well at 40 or in town speeds,,and I can hear them on the highway at 70... and above. the CVO lids face the speaker up and forward, not sure what the aftermarket lids do, I've seen pictures of some where they fire straight up,, those may not work well.
Short i am not lol. 6'5" and use a seat that pushes me back 2"s. Now the GF wants to look into a detachable tour pack, so funds might go towards that instead of lid speakers.

So i finally checked out what software and bin file in running. So officially using the 1.19.1 software and 128_off bin file. No fader, i do have bass and treble control.

Attached Thumbnails Dealer flash confusion-20150913_160054.jpg