Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundstream PN4.1000D .... install assistance

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:27 PM
JOW_103
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundstream PN4.1000D .... install assistance

I bought this amp on the feedback from this forum and the fact that it should fit into the fairing of a 2013 Ultra Classic. Today I opened up the front and looking at the space I am thinking how in the heck do guys make this work.

If you installed one of these in an Ultra Classic, can you give me some tips on how you did it? I see no way that this can clear the brackets that hold the HU in. Did you have to cut the tabs of the case of the amp?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:01 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

My 4000d has plastic end caps.. Took them off both sides.. Raise the amp about half an inch above the HU.. Should work

Old 09-07-2015, 10:16 AM
NightHunter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put some soft foam spacers between the radio and amp. The small circle ones that come with speakers. Then I then took some zip ties and tied it in place.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Scott14SG
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

Picture here 3rd post down; https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...4-1000d-2.html

I thought there was a thread on an install on 13-down bikes but a search didn't come up with it.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by JOW_103
I bought this amp on the feedback from this forum and the fact that it should fit into the fairing of a 2013 Ultra Classic. Today I opened up the front and looking at the space I am thinking how in the heck do guys make this work.

If you installed one of these in an Ultra Classic, can you give me some tips on how you did it? I see no way that this can clear the brackets that hold the HU in. Did you have to cut the tabs of the case of the amp?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Here is a pic of the amp mounted between the vertical black brackets. I used bracket material from home depo and mounted to the vertical brackets and the amp itself using the little black screws on the amp.

Power Acoustik is the same size as the SS with the brackets off.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:33 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,021 Likes on 11,641 Posts

Very timely post. I just received mine. Now, I'm waiting for my Alpine speakers. Gonna be interesting to install, but these pictures help,

Old 09-08-2015, 12:36 PM
JOW_103
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. From what I can see in the pictures guys are placing the amp on top of the factory HU brackets. This means you need to move the cable harnesses that are there now. It also means that the amp will hang over the actual head unit because you can not push the amp all the way forward due to the screw terminals on the PN4.1000D.

Is this correct? Want to get this right and get this bugger installed the first time. Thanks again.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by JOW_103
Thanks for the replies. From what I can see in the pictures guys are placing the amp on top of the factory HU brackets. This means you need to move the cable harnesses that are there now. It also means that the amp will hang over the actual head unit because you can not push the amp all the way forward due to the screw terminals on the PN4.1000D.

Is this correct? Want to get this right and get this bugger installed the first time. Thanks again.
Yes Sir! Gotta move the harnesses out of the way. Clear out anything between the vertical brackets. The amp will seat right in the bent elbows of the black vertical brackets. there will be about 1/4 inch space between the amp and the radio. When pushed back all the way to the gauges you will have maybe 1/2 inch over hang in relationship to the HU. The RCA side will hang over a tad bit more than the speaker/ power/ground side.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:41 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

This sounds ghetto, but in an earlier upgrade I decided to try doing something to see if I could regain FM reception with a class D amp. I cut a piece of 1x6 board the width of the head unit and velcroed it in place. I then velcroed the amp to the board. It didn't help with FM, but it did elevate the amp enough so that my current RZ4 3000D (same size as the SS 1000) fit's without issue. The RCA's are on the throttle side, and stop just short of the vertical fairing support. Fairing went back on without any issue. And btw, velcro works great without having to buy or fabricate a bracket.

Last edited by just plain john; 09-09-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:04 AM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So is the install the same wether its a factory HU or a aftermarket HU?

Quick Reply: Soundstream PN4.1000D .... install assistance