Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not going smoothly,,(Amp, Speaker install)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 04:04 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

So, what is this wire for? Only part I have "Left over" Green and Purple,, obviously rear speaker wires.....

I have a couple videos to upload too, after hearing from Gann, Haze or one of you guys who knows for sure about the RCA and where they go on the transformers, I'll finish tomorrow I hope.

Old 09-06-2015, 04:11 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Wiring, here is how I have everything wired, routed and stuffed. Question, how do you know which side the RCA's go into on the transformers? The instructions showed a light gray line, with the dark RCA jack connecting there, and the light color (white) connecting on the other one. NO positive or negative on them that I could see.

Old 09-06-2015, 04:16 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Remote wire for amp, (I called it line out in video,,, lol) RCA mount, found the rear speaker plug,, hmm, read the directions for a third time and voila! It says, RG AND SG "Rear Speaker connector under fairing"

Old 09-06-2015, 04:18 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Poly fill, is this too much?

Old 09-06-2015, 04:19 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Speaker Guide Pin on front housing, cut it off...

Old 09-06-2015, 06:07 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Yea that's too much polyfill man. As a point of reference I have two thins sheets over my speakers so about 1/2 - 1 inch worth. I would take at least half of that out.

The RCA's. Don't even worry about it. That's just the right or left speaker signal going to the right or left input of the amplifier.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:32 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

I believe the stock wires were white on one side and gray on the other, or maybe I'm wrong lol I think you have both front and rear having the same channels, but again I could be wrong...
Nice videos, your coming along nicely.
I didn't use any polyfill... would that benefit me to do so?

Old 09-06-2015, 08:43 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Fronts were stock pinkish to the speakers, like Pink/orange stripe and Pink/Black stripe. Blue orange/blue black to the rear. The white and gray are the colors on the amp transformers. So if You have the RCA's backwards, you'll have left and right channels swapped. I was looking at it more like they were polarized,, duh, makes sense. L/R Front L/R Rear,, I got up this morning at 4am, couldn't sleep. Guess it showed while I was wiring it... calling the Remote wire, line in on the video, etc.. tomorrow I'll do the rest of the front, and bag lid swap. Cut the baskets for the BT 5x7's to go in.

Thanks Timbo

Last edited by JimTJr; 09-06-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:49 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by timbo141
I believe the stock wires were white on one side and gray on the other, or maybe I'm wrong lol I think you have both front and rear having the same channels, but again I could be wrong...
Nice videos, your coming along nicely.
I didn't use any polyfill... would that benefit me to do so?
I think it was Gann who recommended it. I'll pull 1/2 that out.

I have double checked, front wires come already hooked to the amp. Those went to the speakers, and the other Green / Purple wires went to the rears. I took the stock speaker wiring and ran that to the transformer for the front. The rear had the plug already under the fairing. Then I hooked the RCA's up on the amp. Then I simply hooked the long Green and Purple wire loom to the L/R outputs on the amp. Need to get grommets tomorrow for those large holes where my wires go into the speaker enclosure. Hope I can get big enough ones.

Last edited by JimTJr; 09-06-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:07 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

What I did with the stock grommets was carefully cut them so I could get the stock wire out and then I put the speaker wire from the biketronics in there and pop them back in the hole worked awesome

Quick Reply: Not going smoothly,,(Amp, Speaker install)