Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Install ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 01:20 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New Install ?

Ok Im doing an upgrade/install for a buddy 08' street glide he currently has the HK deck, J&M 2 channel amp, J&M rokker fairing speakers. He wants to add lower fairing speakers and possibly a new amp and is thinking about going with a set of BT 6.5 titans in the lowers and a SS PN4.520D amp.

My ? is could he still use his current amp and fairing speakers and just add a set of BT 6.5 titans to the current set-up?

Or keep his HK deck and J&M rokker fairing speakers and add SS PN4.520 and BT 6.5 titans?

as I think the J&M rokkers are 2 ohm and the BT 6.5 titans are 4 ohm any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by badazzpred
Ok Im doing an upgrade/install for a buddy 08' street glide he currently has the HK deck, J&M 2 channel amp, J&M rokker fairing speakers. He wants to add lower fairing speakers and possibly a new amp and is thinking about going with a set of BT 6.5 titans in the lowers and a SS PN4.520D amp.

My ? is could he still use his current amp and fairing speakers and just add a set of BT 6.5 titans to the current set-up?

Or keep his HK deck and J&M rokker fairing speakers and add SS PN4.520 and BT 6.5 titans?

as I think the J&M rokkers are 2 ohm and the BT 6.5 titans are 4 ohm any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
That JM 2 channel amp is no where near powerful enough to drive the BT speakers to their full potential. More importantly he can't wire the speakers in parallel due to the JM speakers being two ohms. He would need two sets of 4 ohm speakers to use the JM amp. But even if he had two sets of four ohm speakers it wouldn't sound good with that amp. My suggestion is to simply purchase the PA RZ4.2000 and run both sets of speakers off that amp. You don't want the 520.D with the titan speakers. That said. He would have to keep the gains very low on the channel the JM speakers are set up on or risk failure.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:44 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gannicus
That JM 2 channel amp is no where near powerful enough to drive the BT speakers to their full potential. More importantly he can't wire the speakers in parallel due to the JM speakers being two ohms. He would need two sets of 4 ohm speakers to use the JM amp. But even if he had two sets of four ohm speakers it wouldn't sound good with that amp. My suggestion is to simply purchase the PA RZ4.2000 and run both sets of speakers off that amp. You don't want the 520.D with the titan speakers. That said. He would have to keep the gains very low on the channel the JM speakers are set up on or risk failure.
I figured that was going to be the case being 2 ohm and 4 ohm and being a 2 channel amp. But just curious why do you say you dont want the 520.D with the titans? as Im currently running a sony deck with the 520.D amp a set of BT 7.1's and a set of BT 6.5 titans thanks to UN and its sounds great and I have had no issues? Maybe Im mis-understanding your point sorry?

Old 09-03-2015, 05:23 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

The RZ42000D is rated the same power (practically the same amp as the 4.520) but it sounds better. If he's going to spend the money on the Titan's (quality speakers) get the better sounding amp...but be careful he doesn't blow the other ones!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
The RZ42000D is rated the same power (practically the same amp as the 4.520) but it sounds better. If he's going to spend the money on the Titan's (quality speakers) get the better sounding amp...but be careful he doesn't blow the other ones!
Exactly- don't get me wrong BadAzz. The 520.D is a very nice amp with your set up...... Until you hear your exact same set up with the power acoustic amp. Major difference. Now we don't know why it's a major difference because both amps are made by the same parent company and they have the same internals. But I've replaced at least 5 or 6 of the soundstreams with the PA and every last guy I did it for was amazed at the difference including myself. The PA just hits much harder with the Titans. If you want to really take it to the next level get the PA3000.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:18 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Man I'm glad I started this thread because he's actually looking to possibly buy my 520.D from me and I was looking to upgrade to the 1000.D but now you guys are talking the PA line instead and I would still keep my current deck and speakers just change out the amp?

So really in theory he should just scrap the J&M amp and rokker speakers buy my 520.D amp and buy another set of 4 ohm speakers as he already has a set of the titans? Price point what would be a good set of 4 ohm speakers to complement the titans?

Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by badazzpred
Man I'm glad I started this thread because he's actually looking to possibly buy my 520.D from me and I was looking to upgrade to the 1000.D but now you guys are talking the PA line instead and I would still keep my current deck and speakers just change out the amp?

So really in theory he should just scrap the J&M amp and rokker speakers buy my 520.D amp and buy another set of 4 ohm speakers as he already has a set of the titans? Price point what would be a good set of 4 ohm speakers to complement the titans?
He would be better off running the 520.D with the 2 ohm infinity kappa's 62.11i. That amp makes those speakers scream. the 520.D might be ok with the JM speakers in the fairing and the infinity's in the lowers. He just needs to scrap the JM 2 channel amp. BadAzz I have a soundstream 1000D if you are interested.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:19 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
He would be better off running the 520.D with the 2 ohm infinity kappa's 62.11i. That amp makes those speakers scream. the 520.D might be ok with the JM speakers in the fairing and the infinity's in the lowers. He just needs to scrap the JM 2 channel amp. BadAzz I have a soundstream 1000D if you are interested.
+1. Your 4.520 and some Infinity's for your friend.

You have some awesome speakers that will sound night and day if you swap out to 4.1000D.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:43 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Ok I will keep that in mind for him...............Gannicus yes I may be Interested send me a PM how much shipped? But ? to you and Haze with my speakers do I go with the 1000.D or the PA 3000? I want the most clean power I can get or that the BT 7.1's and titans can handle also my sony is an older deck and I think it only has 2 volt where most now are running 4 or 5 volt if that matters?

Last edited by badazzpred; 09-03-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:57 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Bump!!

Quick Reply: New Install ?