Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to spend less time here! $$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 03:01 PM
jimfount00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need to spend less time here! $$$

Well after trying to get the Hog Tunes set up to sound as good as it can (but still WAY less than I want), I've made the plunge into bigger and better.

It seems to me that Biketronics is the way to go. I've yet to see anyone say here on the forums they are unhappy with the 7.1 and 2180 set up. I love they fact there is a lifetime warranty in place and the people I've spoken with there seem really nice.

I know there are less expensive alternatives out there and I could have pieced some things together for a lot less money. There is something to be said about a lifetime warranty though. That and I am not a patient person so I don't want to mess around with piecing it all together.

Not only that but they do have a money back guarantee. IF I feel the hog-tunes weren't as bad as I originally thought, I can send the Biketronics stuff back for a full refund. Not a bad deal!

At this point I think I'm trying to justify the cost here

Oh well...its only money and you can't take it with you when you go!

Anyway, like I said up top: I need to spend less time on the forums. I am spending way too much money lately between this and Fuel Moto I may end up sleeping on the couch.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:03 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

After you install the BT system, you will wish you had done it a long time ago. There is NO comparison between BT and Hogtunes. Honestly it's money well spent, especially living in Orlando where you can ride just about year round.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:47 PM
WRE4U
Road Master
Veteran: Navy
Received 252 Likes on 134 Posts
Thumbs up

BT speakers are the best!!

Old 08-31-2015, 08:50 PM
Scott14SG
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

I liked my front 7.1's so much I added a set of 5x7's to the speaker lids. You won't be disappointed, and the warranty is great.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:57 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

BT7.1s are great speakers... if you must save some money, save on the amp (NOT the speakers).
Alternatives are to be found in many many threads here...
Cerwin B2 to name one. SS 4.1000D or the PA version if you got 4 speakers (or more) or planning them in the (near) future.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:18 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
After you install the BT system, you will wish you had done it a long time ago. There is NO comparison between BT and Hogtunes. Honestly it's money well spent, especially living in Orlando where you can ride just about year round.
Yeah that!! BT is simply awesome!! I've purchased every last one of their products!!! (Even the hog tune speakers) way back when .... LOL!!!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:04 AM
jimfount00
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AAWAV
BT7.1s are great speakers... if you must save some money, save on the amp (NOT the speakers).
Alternatives are to be found in many many threads here...
Cerwin B2 to name one. SS 4.1000D or the PA version if you got 4 speakers (or more) or planning them in the (near) future.
To save a few bucks I was really looking hard at that B2 or the B52 by Cerwin Vega. Is it just as good as the biketronics I ordered at double the price? It will ship today so I can tell them to hold off on the Amp. I just wanted simple and great quality. I know how sound differs going down the highway with bass and such. Just want to hear all the music at 75-80 on the highway. With the hog tunes I could hear it and it was loud. Just not good quality. Sometimes the highs were screaming too high, etc. I was happy with it for 3 years until I heard someone with the 602's. His set up was selling for $1500 so no thanks. All in with Biketronics I'm at about $900 with Sony HU, retro radio, 7.1 and their 2 channel amp. 2180 I think.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:42 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

The 2180 is a better amp than the B2.

It's a cleaner, fuller sound and louder. The other advantage is obviously the warranty, but also not having to worry about the gains and if you're using their speakers...no better set up than combining it with their amp. The biggest advantage for some is the 2180 doesn't impact FM reception where the B2 (for some) has caused loss of FM reception.

Now I'm not bad talking the B2. It's 119.00 at Sonic and it is miles ahead of any 2 channel amp in that price range. Previously the PBR300X2 was the go-to small amp of choice and the B2 is a MUCH better amp than the PBR.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

When it's all said and done guys are going to have anywhere from $1000 to $1500 for a quality system in these bikes. Right now at $900 in I'd say you are doing well.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:08 AM
jimfount00
Cruiser

Originally Posted by haze324
The 2180 is a better amp than the B2.

It's a cleaner, fuller sound and louder. The other advantage is obviously the warranty, but also not having to worry about the gains and if you're using their speakers...no better set up than combining it with their amp. The biggest advantage for some is the 2180 doesn't impact FM reception where the B2 (for some) has caused loss of FM reception.

Now I'm not bad talking the B2. It's 119.00 at Sonic and it is miles ahead of any 2 channel amp in that price range. Previously the PBR300X2 was the go-to small amp of choice and the B2 is a MUCH better amp than the PBR.
Okay then...thanks for the info. Sticking with the 2180 then. On the ride in to work today I was listening to the Hog Tunes speakers/amp and my new Sony receiver thinking...I can barely hear this thing on the highway. (And in my opinion there are way too many settings on this head unit!) Then when I turned it up it just sounded like garbage...Hate that the new set up won't be to me until next week!

Need to figure out the settings for the Sony MEX-GS610BT next.

Thanks again for the input!

Quick Reply: Need to spend less time here! $$$