Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to spend less time here! $$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:12 AM
jimfount00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
When it's all said and done guys are going to have anywhere from $1000 to $1500 for a quality system in these bikes. Right now at $900 in I'd say you are doing well.
Ha...doing well for NOW. I'm sure once this is in there will be something else that I MUST have immediately to fulfill needs.

New chrome front end, better suspension in the back, and I'm doing well with the TW555 but still needs to get the 107" kit and head work....As we all know the list can literally go on and on.

Thanks for the input.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by jimfount00
Ha...doing well for NOW. I'm sure once this is in there will be something else that I MUST have immediately to fulfill needs.

New chrome front end, better suspension in the back, and I'm doing well with the TW555 but still needs to get the 107" kit and head work....As we all know the list can literally go on and on.

Thanks for the input.
It never ends man! I go all the way back to 1977 when American machine and foundry bought (AMF) Harley Davidson and the company dam near went bankrupt. Then Harley bought the company back in 1981 for a measly 80 million. Who knew? The company is a multi billion dollar company now. The freakin bank wouldn't loan me 80 million at the time. . .LOL!!

Old 09-01-2015, 12:30 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I will add that hope you gave real thought to the bt4180 cause what you think is enough never is ,good news is bill will work deal with you when and not if you want the 4180.lol

Old 09-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Blues Guy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After exchanging emails with Yoda Gannicus (thanks) and talking with BT Bill for about an hour (great conversation ranging from stereos, music, live concerts, Idaho, bikes, etc.) I'm waiting on the UPS dude to deliver a 4180 and Pros from BT and a set of kickers from Amazon for the pods. Nearly lost my religion removing the last inside bolt on the right speaker pod but everything is poised for installation. Can't wait to venture forth. Even though it's a few $$$$ you only go around once and at 61 I figure I'm on the back nine. 40+ years riding, never messed with the bike's audio and wouldn't have considered without Gannicus and Bill's advice. Forum may entice spending but look at all the money I'm saving since Ashley Madison went under*

Old 09-02-2015, 07:03 AM
jimfount00
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Blues Guy
After exchanging emails with Yoda Gannicus (thanks) and talking with BT Bill for about an hour (great conversation ranging from stereos, music, live concerts, Idaho, bikes, etc.) I'm waiting on the UPS dude to deliver a 4180 and Pros from BT and a set of kickers from Amazon for the pods. Nearly lost my religion removing the last inside bolt on the right speaker pod but everything is poised for installation. Can't wait to venture forth. Even though it's a few $$$$ you only go around once and at 61 I figure I'm on the back nine. 40+ years riding, never messed with the bike's audio and wouldn't have considered without Gannicus and Bill's advice. Forum may entice spending but look at all the money I'm saving since Ashley Madison went under*
Very true. Do it once right he first time. I say that but seldom do when it comes to my bike. Wasted a lot of money on junk I didn't really want but settled. No more!

Old 09-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Blues Guy
Thanks man! You are going to love your new system! Once again Bill is THE man. I only wish my friend ultranutz was still here on the forum. He is and always will be the true genius! For guys that don't know ULTRANUTZ is the guy who made this forum what it is today!!

Old 09-02-2015, 10:15 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks man! You are going to love your new system! Once again Bill is THE man. I only wish my friend ultranutz was still here on the forum. He is and always will be the true genius! For guys that don't know ULTRANUTZ is the guy who made this forum what it is today!!

I hate UltraNutz, he's the guy who got me to spend all my money on this sound stuff. lol

Old 09-02-2015, 09:43 PM
jimfount00
Cruiser

Where is ULTRANUTZ? I've been dealing with a guy named John at BT. I think he was probably tired of me calling every other day with more questions but very patient and knowledgeable. Gave me a lot of good advice.