Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer won't flash my radio.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:59 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Dealer won't flash my radio.

Just called to try and get in Monday for a radio flash since I'm installing an amp and two new speakers in a 2015 street glide and they wouldn't schedule an appointment. He kept trying to tell me i only needed the flash if i was installing boom audio stuff.

So with everything i have read on here says i basically need a flash, one recommended by biketronics, correct? Should i be trying to find a different dealer? I have 3 other dealerships i can call within a 45 minute drive.

Old 08-29-2015, 02:11 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

You're not the first person that posts this......and then folks wonder why when they get their "boom" installed by the dealership and have issues they feel like the dealership is lost when trying to fix their issues. Bottom line, those folks aren't audio gurus.

I would for sure get it flashed. The combo you got going of the Arc's and B2 is going to sound fantastic man. Take the 45min ride and get it flashed. Keep us posted.

Old 08-29-2015, 02:45 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Thank you. The guy kept interrupting me and not letting me talk, said he'd be stealing my money. I got frustrated and hung up before i said anything stupid.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
You're not the first person that posts this......and then folks wonder why when they get their "boom" installed by the dealership and have issues they feel like the dealership is lost when trying to fix their issues. Bottom line, those folks aren't audio gurus.

I would for sure get it flashed. The combo you got going of the Arc's and B2 is going to sound fantastic man. Take the 45min ride and get it flashed. Keep us posted.
Wow! Another dealer refusing to flash aftermarket? As haze said keep it moving man! There are some great dealers out there who will gladly help you out. What we need to do is name names of these dealers who refuse to flash. The flash issue isn't going away anytime soon and sooner or later the dealers will realize they are not going to have a choice if they want to stay in business. By the time I tell 100 of my friends and they tell 100 of their friends those dealerships will become ghost dealerships. Very unfortunate.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:39 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Wow! Another dealer refusing to flash aftermarket? As haze said keep it moving man! There are some great dealers out there who will gladly help you out. What we need to do is name names of these dealers who refuse to flash. The flash issue isn't going away anytime soon and sooner or later the dealers will realize they are not going to have a choice if they want to stay in business. By the time I tell 100 of my friends and they tell 100 of their friends those dealerships will become ghost dealerships. Very unfortunate.
I agree about letting people know which dealers are doing what. I have had nothing but good interactions with this dealer until now, so I'm hesitant naming them. But if you read my profile and see where I'm from I'm sure you can figure it out. I'm guessing i caught the wrong person in the service department on the phone, and it was right at closing time. When i talked to one of the service in tech in person, he said it would be no problem and they have had good success, whether they have or not is yet to be determined. He said the only problem they have had was with a 2 amp 6 speaker combo.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I agree about letting people know which dealers are doing what. I have had nothing but good interactions with this dealer until now, so I'm hesitant naming them. But if you read my profile and see where I'm from I'm sure you can figure it out. I'm guessing i caught the wrong person in the service department on the phone, and it was right at closing time. When i talked to one of the service in tech in person, he said it would be no problem and they have had good success, whether they have or not is yet to be determined. He said the only problem they have had was with a 2 amp 6 speaker combo.
Cool. Now that's what we like to hear! One *** hole is a whole lot different than the dealership as a whole...... Lol!!!

Old 08-31-2015, 07:48 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

some dealers\vendors are great day in and day out UNTIL you have A issue then their true colors show....

Old 08-31-2015, 07:54 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 637 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus

Typical dealer mentality, that's why avoid them like the plague.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:27 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Just called to try and get in Monday for a radio flash since I'm installing an amp and two new speakers in a 2015 street glide and they wouldn't schedule an appointment. He kept trying to tell me i only needed the flash if i was installing boom audio stuff.

So with everything i have read on here says i basically need a flash, one recommended by biketronics, correct? Should i be trying to find a different dealer? I have 3 other dealerships i can call within a 45 minute drive.
I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like;
A) He didn't know much about audio systems or the Boom, and
B) He was trying to be a nice guy and save you money, and
C) He is maybe one of those people that interrupts conversations and doesn't let you finish the sentence. All my in-laws do that, it drives me NUTS.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:19 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Typical dealer mentality, that's why avoid them like the plague.
You don't have a choice here,, if you want your stereo to sound good, you have to go to the dealer and get it flashed.... can't avoid that.

Quick Reply: Dealer won't flash my radio.