Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speaker issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 06:35 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default speaker issue

anyone else having issue with there 7.1p? I'v had 2 of them blow and now a 3rd has no volume? friends shop has had 2 go bad also!!!

I keep seeing good reviews and it sounds like most have good luck with them but I'm sure getting frustrated!!! cpl guys I ride with have the BT amp and Jl audio speakers and they have no issue at all, mile after mile...

thinking pulling trigger on set JL audio

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-15-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:52 AM
z71_fourwheelin
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one blow after 2 months. the resistor that ties the tweeter to the cone broke free. What are powering them with? Are you wrapping them in poly?

Old 08-15-2015, 07:35 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by z71_fourwheelin
I had one blow after 2 months. the resistor that ties the tweeter to the cone broke free. What are powering them with? Are you wrapping them in poly?
no poly and there 4180 amp with sony head unit set at 60hpf

Old 08-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
no poly and there 4180 amp with sony head unit set at 60hpf
Need to run those speakers at 80 - 100Hz. I suspect when you turn them up loud at 60 Hz the bass notes are too heavy. Also make sure your "Loudness" setting is turned off on your HU. Those 7.1's are very good speakers. I have the JL's as well. C5's and the C3's. Trust me if they are not set up correctly they will blow as well.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:01 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Need to run those speakers at 80 - 100Hz. I suspect when you turn them up loud at 60 Hz the bass notes are too heavy. Also make sure your "Loudness" setting is turned off on your HU. Those 7.1's are very good speakers. I have the JL's as well. C5's and the C3's. Trust me if they are not set up correctly they will blow as well.

loud is off and have the EQ set from the app..when the the last speaker blew I was fully open to something that maybe I have done wrong, we went through all settings over phone and wiring..

I'm at a loss........this speaker has no volume, I took faring off and checked all connetions and made a jumper wire to check from left side and it still has no volume...

3 of my friends run the 4180,2180 with the JL and they have no issue at all with same sony head unit and one no HPF set and one at 100...

fyi..The titansii in my lowers are AWESOME they don't skip a beat pound the bass out...

I have 14,000 miles on this summer and started the summer with all new system every time I leave on a long trip I have issues works great for the hr back and forth from work and a weekend of riding but soon as I head out for 700mile ride...

maybe its my music....

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-16-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Lol... Nope not the music. Those 7.1's should easily handle "slipknot" lol. Might send the speaker back to Bill and have Biketronics check it out. Very strange. I've installed quite a few of those speakers and nary a problem. As I stated before. They are great speakers!!!

Old 08-17-2015, 06:22 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

only a few weeks of riding left here.... anything after oct 1st is added bonus to summer.

I will have to send in this winter when we are on the long wait...

Old 08-17-2015, 12:19 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

Boom goes the dynamite lol.. Going to see then on sep 4 in Houston.. Been 10 years since I've been to a concert and they were the last band I saw coincidentally with lamb of god as well

Old 08-18-2015, 11:56 AM
bayboy75
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
only a few weeks of riding left here.... anything after oct 1st is added bonus to summer.

I will have to send in this winter when we are on the long wait...
Dude, you're not the only one. I've had NO luck with Biketronics either. Both sets I've installed have taken a **** on me. And since I bought them second-hand there's no warranty. I've since moved to Hertz and I'm quite happy. At the end of the day we all have our favorites and have to go with what works for us. JL's are great speakers though.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bayboy75
Dude, you're not the only one. I've had NO luck with Biketronics either. Both sets I've installed have taken a **** on me. And since I bought them second-hand there's no warranty. I've since moved to Hertz and I'm quite happy. At the end of the day we all have our favorites and have to go with what works for us. JL's are great speakers though.
Hi,

The parts we build have a lifetime warranty. We will always try and work with you no matter where they came from.

We won't do a advance replacement and will ask that they are sent in first under the following circumstances though -

1. Parts purchased somewhere else, so we can see what you actually have.

2. When a person has repeated failures, so we can try and figure out what is going on.

3. When we send out new parts first and get good parts back a couple times from the same person - we don't want to replace parts that are not bad.

4. We are starting to insist on getting amps back first because they are almost always OK, it is usually something like a bad ground or some other issue. This will probably become our officially policy soon.

If a person is experiencing numerous failures we can usually figure out why and take care of it, or they fall under 3 above. This is not a common thing but we do have a couple people a year that repeatedly blow up everything until we figure out whatever is going on. That's the price of making big power and we have no problem working with guys to figure it out.

We also have a 30 day no hassle happiness clause. If a person gets parts directly from us and we cannot make them happy we will take the parts back, no hassle. If they get them somewhere else we will do whatever we can but are at the mercy of the the company they bought from, some will not work with us on a refund.

I am sending you a pm scumBAGGER

Bill

Last edited by Biketronics Inc; 08-18-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: speaker issue