Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speaker issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 06:18 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

My brother blew both his 7.1's on the way to Sturgis. Has a complete Biketronics set-up. Kenwood deck and the 4180. He had a whopping 800 miles on them. Real surprised to find out they didn't have a booth at the 75th.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:53 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc
Hi,

The parts we build have a lifetime warranty. We will always try and work with you no matter where they came from.

We won't do a advance replacement and will ask that they are sent in first under the following circumstances though -

1. Parts purchased somewhere else, so we can see what you actually have.

2. When a person has repeated failures, so we can try and figure out what is going on.

3. When we send out new parts first and get good parts back a couple times from the same person - we don't want to replace parts that are not bad.

4. We are starting to insist on getting amps back first because they are almost always OK, it is usually something like a bad ground or some other issue. This will probably become our officially policy soon.

If a person is experiencing numerous failures we can usually figure out why and take care of it, or they fall under 3 above. This is not a common thing but we do have a couple people a year that repeatedly blow up everything until we figure out whatever is going on. That's the price of making big power and we have no problem working with guys to figure it out.

We also have a 30 day no hassle happiness clause. If a person gets parts directly from us and we cannot make them happy we will take the parts back, no hassle. If they get them somewhere else we will do whatever we can but are at the mercy of the the company they bought from, some will not work with us on a refund.

I am sending you a pm scumBAGGER

Bill

did I miss the pm?

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-19-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:03 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

So none of you that are having issues actually called Biketronics to get help?

Blown speakers suck, but after three sets it might be obvious that it's not the speakers. IMHO.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
So none of you that are having issues actually called Biketronics to get help?

Blown speakers suck, but after three sets it might be obvious that it's not the speakers. IMHO.
Hi,

scumBAGGER did contact us before starting this thread.

bayboy75 did after I first replied, he is going to mail his parts in for us to take care of. I don't know anything about what happened to his parts or where they came from, but will be happy to take care of them.

I do not know who HD_Doobie's brother is so I don't know what is going on with that, but we will be happy to take care of it if we haven't already.

We sell thousands of these speakers and have very, very low failure rates. There is no way we could offer a lifetime warranty on a product that failed a lot, they cost us way to much to do that.

Bill

Old 08-19-2015, 12:27 PM
tdgriff
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default speaker issue

Trust Bill on this one guys. I blew 3 sets then found out it was my hog tunes tweeter bar. They shorted out and kept blowing them. I unhooked the hog tunes and all has been good. Bill will take care of you and work with you the best he can.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:44 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I have asked for help 2 times....sat on phone said whatever the issue may be I will fix asked if sending photos of my wiring would be helpful! I asked if I should send in my amp last time to see if maybe that's it.....

I have a sony head unit hooked to the 4180 amp(with rca) and set Bt in lowers and set 7.1 p in upper faring all have been check 10 times on the wiring and double checked by local shop
I would be more than happy to send photos,video ect
paid shipping on 2 bad speakers already....
frustrated!!! yes very much...

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-19-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:49 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER

I have a sony head unit hooked to the 4180 amp(with rca) and set Bt in lowers and set 7.1 p in upper faring all have been check 10 times on the wiring and double checked by local shop
It might be a lot of work to change but have you thought of putting your 6.5 BT's that are in your lowers into the fairing. If it blows them then at least you'll know its not a 7.1 issue?

I'm wondering if your getting any static, have you tried turning up the volume with no music to hear if you have any static?

Just sound like something non-speaker going on since you've blown so many, and from the same channel

Old 08-30-2015, 09:57 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

It might be a lot of work to change but have you thought of putting your 6.5 BT's that are in your lowers into the fairing. If it blows them then at least you'll know its not a 7.1 issue?

I'm wondering if your getting any static, have you tried turning up the volume with no music to hear if you have any static?

Just sound like something non-speaker going on since you've blown so many, and from the same channel
no static but I had a friend of friend who is a local installer at stereo shop come over and give everything a good look over and he believes that the issue is with the POP noise that is heard on start up. I have a few things we are going to trade out and see where the pop issue comes from....

Old 08-30-2015, 10:20 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
no static but I had a friend of friend who is a local installer at stereo shop come over and give everything a good look over and he believes that the issue is with the POP noise that is heard on start up. I have a few things we are going to trade out and see where the pop issue comes from....
I didn't see where you mentioned the start up pop earlier? I had the same issue when I first installed my BT amp using my pre-wired J&M power and ground wire. It use to pop and then if I would turn it up too much it would blow the inline fuse.

I changed out the ground wire and attached directly to the battery and it fixed both issues, i'm sure you already have tried grounding to the battery?

Old 08-30-2015, 10:23 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I didn't see where you mentioned the start up pop earlier? I had the same issue when I first installed my BT amp using my pre-wired J&M power and ground wire. It use to pop and then if I would turn it up too much it would blow the inline fuse.

I changed out the ground wire and attached directly to the battery and it fixed both issues, i'm sure you already have tried grounding to the battery?
yep its run to the battery and per BT I added one from back radio to neck...

going to run all new power\ground etc after Labor day weekend..

I did not mention the pop because I switched out head units 3 weeks ago and the pop turned to a tick. I also have 2 other friends running the 2180 who have the same pop noise on start up, one has changed his head unit and the pop went away.
but now that we are trying to figure out what causing all the speaker issues starting to think maybe it has to do with the pop noise..

and add this..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-gr...c&kpid=9855136

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-30-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: speaker issue