Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local dealer won't flash radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local dealer won't flash radio

Anyone else have this problem? I usually don't go to this dealer cause there prudes when it comes to aftermarket stuff. But I figured just flashing the radio wouldn't be that big of deal. Manager says, "If it has any aftermarket equipment we won't touch it." Just shook my head and said, "no problem, I'll go somewhere else."

I have two other dealers l, both about an hour away, guess I better call them first.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:58 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

For the life of me, I cannot understand how dealers can be this ***king stupid.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,660 Likes on 767 Posts

Name names, hopefully other potential customers will choose wisely on where to spend their money. I guess by that dealers logic they wont install just any tire too, just whatever brand and style that came from the factory.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,030 Likes on 4,217 Posts

What does flash radio mean?

Old 08-10-2015, 12:39 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Ride my Seesaw
Name names, hopefully other potential customers will choose wisely on where to spend their money. I guess by that dealers logic they wont install just any tire too, just whatever brand and style that came from the factory.
I love my dealer. Really. Unfortunately, when they told me they wouldn't install a set of Michelin Commander IIs without making me sign a waiver relieving them of any responsibility for their work, because Commander IIs don't say "Harley-Davidson" on the side, I looked at the local BMW/Honda/Kawasaki dealer.

$800 installed at the H-D dealer, $440 installed at the BMW dealer.

And they didn't ask me to sign a waiver. I'm afraid my loyalty has been damaged.

Seriously damaged.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:42 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
What does flash radio mean?
It means to update the software that runs the BOOM Entertainment System. Just like going from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

Sorta.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,030 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
It means to update the software that runs the BOOM Entertainment System. Just like going from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

Sorta.
So the aftermarket is not the radio (Harleys BOOM Entertainment System if that is what is referred to as a radio) but something else aftermarket??

Old 08-10-2015, 01:42 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

So the aftermarket is not the radio (Harleys BOOM Entertainment System if that is what is referred to as a radio) but something else aftermarket??
That's my assumption. OP's dealer said: "...if it has ANY aftermarket equipment on it..." they wouldn't reflash the radio. They wouldn't be able to reflash some other manufacturer's radio, they wouldn't have the s/w or the ability.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:11 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ride my Seesaw
yep,, don't keep this kind of information from a few THOUSAND more potential customers,, name names sir!

Old 08-10-2015, 03:14 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Probably aftermarket amp and speakers, with the stock head unit. Same thing I am going to do. And many others on here do, instead of the BOOM II system...

Quick Reply: Local dealer won't flash radio