Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jensen to HD Boom! amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 04:10 AM
BikerDocCO
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jensen to HD Boom! amp

With the stock stereo i installed the Harley Boom! audio amp. Part number 7600071 i believe. Today i decided i wanted to install the Jensen HD1BT stereo. The factory head unit has two connectors, a 23 pin (which is used on the jensen head unit as well) and a 35 pin (which the amp only uses two pins from, pin 13 and 14). The Jensen head unit only has the 23 pin connector. Without pin 13 and 14 connected (CAN+ and CAN-) the amp wont work. I tried jumpering pin 13 (CAN +) to the power amp positive from the head unit and grounding pin 14 with no success. Whats my next step? How do i get these two to work or am I screwed?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerDocCO
With the stock stereo i installed the Harley Boom! audio amp. Part number 7600071 i believe. Today i decided i wanted to install the Jensen HD1BT stereo. The factory head unit has two connectors, a 23 pin (which is used on the jensen head unit as well) and a 35 pin (which the amp only uses two pins from, pin 13 and 14). The Jensen head unit only has the 23 pin connector. Without pin 13 and 14 connected (CAN+ and CAN-) the amp wont work. I tried jumpering pin 13 (CAN +) to the power amp positive from the head unit and grounding pin 14 with no success. Whats my next step? How do i get these two to work or am I screwed?
Might reach out to VHMike, He's had some experience with the Jensen. From my perspective the thing about the BOOM stuff is it only works with the stocker or other BOOM stuff. If it were me I'd put the BOOM amp on my shelf with all the rest of them and get another amp. I have not had much experience with the Jensen so honestly my man I don't know if it's possible to integrate the BOOM amp with the Jensen radio. Hopefully someone with more experience with the Jensen will chime in. Sorry man!

Old 08-05-2015, 10:15 AM
BikerDocCO
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok cool thanks for the response.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:51 AM
vhmike73
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm running the Jensen into a Biketronics BT4180 via the RCA connectors, and I've run my own speaker wires for all four sets of speakers I'm running (fairing, lowers, TP Pods and lids), so I'm not using any of the HD wiring (other than the 23 pin connector).

I've never seen or tried using the Boom amps, so I don't know how they connect...but the Jensen has a small second harness that allows you to wire rear speakers when you install the deck. I believe you have to cut and splice the rear speaker wiring to use the connector that's part of the Jensen connection harness. Since I don't have the Boom amp, I have no idea how it connects to the bike or the factory wiring, but Jensen DID try to think of Ultra riders when they created the deck. The manual for the Jensen is here. Look through the 'wiring' section and see if that can help you.

Sorry I can't be more definitive!