Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux port not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 07:48 PM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Aux port not working

I have a stock HD radio equipped with Hog tune amp and speakers in my 2009 electra glide classic and I usually use my iPod. Yesterday the right speaker started to fade in and out. Well after hours of searching I discoverd that the aux port seams to be the problem. If the cord isn't plugged in just right the speakers fade in and out then no sound at all. Is there anything I can do to fix the aux port? I checked the cable plugging it in into my car and the iPod worked fine. When I'm using just the radio on the bike the speakers work great. This only happens when I plug into the aux port. Any help will be great.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2015, 09:03 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

If you're handy in electronics have soldering skills etc I'd think Aux port should be fixable. Just matter of disassembling the radio to get to aux jack to fix it. I'm really surprised your radio is still going. Very common for the handlebar mounting bolts to contact bottom of radio cracking electronics and causing volume drops. Company called Iron Cross will fix it for flat rate also add RCA jacks etc.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 AM
strtglde11
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check this site out, Digi Key, I got this info from Gandy here on the forum. Ordered a few because they are like a buck a piece and soldered it in. If you work on your bike at all it is an easy fix. You will have to pull your radio and take the front off of it. I had never done this before and it was very easy fix and works like new now. These are the order no's for the port. I emailed the company and gave them these no's and got the port. Need any more info pm me.

Thank you for your order!* Digi-Key has processed and shipped salesorder
#40765931, invoice #47009770, to you.* Your CUSTOMER NUMBER is 7910203.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:00 PM
koga
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
If you're handy in electronics have soldering skills etc I'd think Aux port should be fixable. Just matter of disassembling the radio to get to aux jack to fix it. I'm really surprised your radio is still going. Very common for the handlebar mounting bolts to contact bottom of radio cracking electronics and causing volume drops. Company called Iron Cross will fix it for flat rate also add RCA jacks etc.
I had issues with the aux port on mine, sent it in to iron cross and they found more issues than the aux port itself, found damage to the radio due to the handle bar clamp bolt. HD is aware of the problem at put out a notice of the problem. They will now sell you a bolt with a shorter head with more clearance.
I just ground mine down.
I had the radio fixed and an aux. port in the rear installed, RCA output, plus the color changed to blue.
Cost $550.00 . The radio worked fine but a few weeks later I went and changed it for a kenwood 998 HU. I should have just done that first.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:50 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the advise. Looks like I'll be contacting Iron Cross. Question for those that had a rear aux jack put it. Does it interfer with using the radio.

Thanks

Old 07-24-2015, 11:29 AM
tdgriff
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<p>Iron cross is the way to go they do a great job. I&nbsp;would look into getting there Bluetooth upgrade and usb ports installed they are cheep for what you get and fast.</p>