Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Up grade bat wing speakers and...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 03:04 PM
T2C-154
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up grade bat wing speakers and...

Hi Guy's, I'm a newbie to upgrading stereo systems (auto or bike). I am cobbling together a system. I bought used Hog tunes bag speakers and lids (2olm), power acoustik rz42000d amp. I would like to upgrade the bat wing speakers while I'm in there. Oh, and I ordered the rear speaker plug in for the stock HD radio and the BOSS Audio KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit that several folks on the forum recommended.
That brings me to my first question. Does anyone know anything about the "96-2013 Alpine Harley Touring Speaker Package with Adapter Rings" that amazon has? (I'm on a very tight budget).
The second question is, Is there a wiring diagram on how to hook all this stuff up? I have never used or installed an amp either.
Question number three, Can I use 2olm speakers (rear) and 4olm speakers (front) with that amp?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
THANK YOU!

Old 07-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by T2C-154
Hi Guy's, I'm a newbie to upgrading stereo systems (auto or bike). I am cobbling together a system. I bought used Hog tunes bag speakers and lids (2olm), power acoustik rz42000d amp. I would like to upgrade the bat wing speakers while I'm in there. Oh, and I ordered the rear speaker plug in for the stock HD radio and the BOSS Audio KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit that several folks on the forum recommended.
That brings me to my first question. Does anyone know anything about the "96-2013 Alpine Harley Touring Speaker Package with Adapter Rings" that amazon has? (I'm on a very tight budget).
The second question is, Is there a wiring diagram on how to hook all this stuff up? I have never used or installed an amp either.
Question number three, Can I use 2olm speakers (rear) and 4olm speakers (front) with that amp?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
THANK YOU!
One very smart purchase was the power acoustic amp! On a budget you want the infinity 62.11i speakers in the fairing. No need for a wiring diagram for the 2012. Most anyone here can help you install. You CAN use 4 ohm speakers up front and 2 ohm speakers in the rear with the power acoustic.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:54 PM
T2C-154
Advanced

Thanks for the reply Gannicus, I know you and others aren't big fans of the HogTunes lids. They were a decent price and painted my bikes color. I ordered the infinity's and adapters. I'm still waiting on the rear speakers plug. I'm hoping when I get all the parts it will be self evident how to install everything. Do I need to make a bracket to mount the amp over the radio so it gets air flow between the two?
Thanks

Old 07-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by T2C-154
Thanks for the reply Gannicus, I know you and others aren't big fans of the HogTunes lids. They were a decent price and painted my bikes color. I ordered the infinity's and adapters. I'm still waiting on the rear speakers plug. I'm hoping when I get all the parts it will be self evident how to install everything. Do I need to make a bracket to mount the amp over the radio so it gets air flow between the two?
Thanks
No no no man you got us all wrong!! We LOVE the hog tune LIDS!! It's the speakers we have an issue with. . . lol No need for a bracket on the amp. Go to home depot and get yourself some industrial velcro and mount the amp on top of the radio. Now this is what I'm going to tell you brother and I very seldom disclose my secrets. But for you I'll make an exception. If you want you system to really hit hard all you have to do is make one little change. Sell the hog tune 6x9's and replace them with a set of these:

http://www.bambuzo.com/us/infinity-k...FUcXHwod5MEPDw

Trust me.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:46 PM
T2C-154
Advanced

Funny! Yes the speakers not the lids! LOL. The price on that website is great. Seams like every question I ask cost me more money!
Ok no more questions. LOL
Thanks again.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 AM
T2C-154
Advanced

One more What wire are you guys pulling off of to turn the amp on and off? Thanks

Old 07-17-2015, 08:03 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

You can use the orange/white in the headlight harness which is switched power (works in accessory mode with ignition switch), or add a jumper from the cigarette lighter. I'd use the orange/white wire.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:10 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 637 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
No no no man you got us all wrong!! We LOVE the hog tune LIDS!! It's the speakers we have an issue with. . . lol No need for a bracket on the amp. Go to home depot and get yourself some industrial velcro and mount the amp on top of the radio. Now this is what I'm going to tell you brother and I very seldom disclose my secrets. But for you I'll make an exception. If you want you system to really hit hard all you have to do is make one little change. Sell the hog tune 6x9's and replace them with a set of these:

http://www.bambuzo.com/us/infinity-k...FUcXHwod5MEPDw

Trust me.
Is the link working for everyone else? I tried it twice and it wouldn't work for me.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:15 AM
T2C-154
Advanced

Thanks just plain john!

Old 07-17-2015, 08:24 AM
T2C-154
Advanced

Machiavelli, They closed the page bc they are out of stock. They took my order and cc number. The next day they sent me an email and said there supplier could not get them. They voided my payment. The price was right though, $107 plus $5 shipping.

Quick Reply: Up grade bat wing speakers and...